PDA

View Full Version : JRSC Pulleys

spider883
04-19-2004, 06:14 PM
for those of us with the jrsc u know we have a 4.4" sc pulley that makes 5.5lbs... some of u may know that the street version for the rsx-s comes with a 4" pulley and there race version comes with a 3.2" pulley.. so what im thinking of doing is buying a used 4" pulley off someone that got the 3.2" one and put it on and see what boost it will run.. might only give an extra .5-1 lb so it wont hurt the engine since with the jr powercard it makes the engine run rich anyways.. thoughts? comments?

02SilverSiHB
04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by spider883
for those of us with the jrsc u know we have a 4.4" sc pulley that makes 5.5lbs... some of u may know that the street version for the rsx-s comes with a 4" pulley and there race version comes with a 3.2" pulley.. so what im thinking of doing is buying a used 4" pulley off someone that got the 3.2" one and put it on and see what boost it will run.. might only give an extra .5-1 lb so it wont hurt the engine since with the jr powercard it makes the engine run rich anyways.. thoughts? comments?
I've kind of thought about this myself...even thought about the 3.2 one :D So don't they run 5lbs of boost with the 4" pulley? I guess they run that with a smaller pulley because they have a power steering pulley to connect to..unlike us. So if they have 5lbs of boost at a 4" pulley and when they put a 3.2" pulley on and get 7lbs of boost, I'd say that every .4 is worth 1lb of boost? Not sure if I'm right or not on this. I'm sure there's a formula.

Anyway, if you get their 4" pulley, that would indeed mean you would end up with about 6.5...or 1lb over what you get. I haven't hooked up my boost gauge yet, so I'm not sure what I'm getting.

But before you do get that pulley, I'd look into making sure you are indeed running rich...which I'm sure we are, but to be safe, jump on dyno and get an a/f read out..then figure out if you want it. I hear it's easy to replace, just remove the passenger side headlight to get good access.

02SilverSiHB
04-19-2004, 08:25 PM
actually, I just found out that the upgrade pulley for them is 3.4. I need to measure ours...are you sure it's 4.4 on ours?

Anyway, so the type s gained 1lb of boost for every .3" taken from the size of the pulley. So you're looking at about 1lb boost gain I guess.

02SilverSiHB
04-19-2004, 08:26 PM
hhhmmm, shit, I was doing some more research, maybe you should just hold off until hondata comes out with a tune...1lb extra boost may not sound like a lot, but no reason to blow your engine with a non tuned engine with added boost

spider883
04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
it says 4.4 on the pulley so thats what i figured.. ill measure it tommorow to check.. that would be funny if its 4" and all this talk is for nothing haha

spider883
04-19-2004, 08:28 PM
what do u think if i used like an Safc and tuned it that way? hmmm need more research

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by spider883
it says 4.4 on the pulley so thats what i figured.. ill measure it tommorow to check.. that would be funny if its 4" and all this talk is for nothing haha
ah :D then I guess it is eh :D

as for the safc, good idea also. But I feel hondata would be the best, just have to wait for it, I know it seems like forever from now. I say we email hondata all together and annoy them to release the damn reflash for us. I bet they have it done, they are just tuning other reflashes for a k20 pro for the k20a3

spider883
04-20-2004, 05:58 AM
i cant wait for the base maps for the A3 on Kpro bc that is hopefully what ill be getting eventually.. i think the safc will suffice for now until that.. just have to find a 4" pulley now

yomamaInMySi
04-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Would you still need the power card if you're using the SAFC?

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
Would you still need the power card if you're using the SAFC?
I would assume you would. All the power car does, is have a connected boost line to it. When you go into boost, the boost is sent to the power card, it then senses the boost and signals to the injectors to open up more to richin up the a/f...keeping it from detonation. so he would still need that imo...the afc will help for the higher rpms...where I think I'd have it tuned at. Because I wouldn't want just a tune at WOT with the sfc, when I don't drive around on WOT all the time...just my .2cent

ALCT
04-20-2004, 03:44 PM
kinda OT sorry but I did a massive search and couldn't find an online reseller for Dayco belts, JR website does not carry part#5070630. any ideas?

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
kinda OT sorry but I did a massive search and couldn't find an online reseller for Dayco belts, JR website does not carry part#5070630. any ideas?
damn, you're trying to find extra belts...just in case also :D... no ideas. I was just thinking of buying some myself...so did you try calling jr?

ALCT
04-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
damn, you're trying to find extra belts...just in case also :D... no ideas. I was just thinking of buying some myself...so did you try calling jr?

Yeah, I will be driving to MD next week, better be safe thn sorry. I haven't called JR, I think I should.

spider883
04-20-2004, 04:22 PM
well i found a safc for real cheap and i ordered the jr race header.. so now to find a used pulley to test it out and then to find out what belt size

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 05:18 PM
I know the jrsc'd type s's use the same belt, might be able to with your next setup...did you buy the safc already too?

spider883
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
yea i might just use the same belt.. depends on if the tention pulley will put enough it on.. we will see.. and no i have not bought the safc yet

yomamaInMySi
04-21-2004, 09:33 AM

Try Dayco.com they should be able to point you in the right direction. They may be able to give a distributor in your area.

ALCT
04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
Try Dayco.com they should be able to point you in the right direction. They may be able to give a distributor in your area.

I called JR, they said they could get it for me for $43.00. what a rip off...every other sc belt is around 20 bucks.

02SilverSiHB
04-23-2004, 07:29 PM
I called JR, they said they could get it for me for $43.00. what a rip off...every other sc belt is around 20 bucks. damn! I emailed that company...for the belt and they said to go through a dealer or parts store. So I think I'll just try a few around town and see if they can get it for me cheaper...by the way, I'm still waiting for hondata :D this thing is running soooo rich it's rediculous, guess jr wanted to make sure no one blew the motor

bgsteve523
04-23-2004, 07:32 PM
02silversihb
how do you like the jrsc? How about the si now its boosting? I am just wondering I haven't really seen any reviews come out of you hoping you like your si more now I know i love mine again.

02SilverSiHB
04-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
02silversihb
how do you like the jrsc? How about the si now its boosting? I am just wondering I haven't really seen any reviews come out of you hoping you like your si more now I know i love mine again.
I love it! It's great. It's no turbo, but it does add the power. Definitely a mid 14 sec car now. It runs smooth and no change in the car when you aren't getting on it. It makes this sweet high pitch sound just before you enter boost, hard to explain, but it turns heads :D
And when I get on it, it sounds so cool and really pics up now.

I can't wait to hit the track...but...yes a but :D the jr power card kind of gets on my nerves now, it make the car run so damn rich. My a/f reads full rich when I smash the gas. And 5lbs of boost isn't enough imo. It really should have just come with a 7lb pulley. What pisses me off, is it's been out for a while now...the jrsc, but no damn tuning from hondata yet :(
I'm about to just get an apexi safc, then sell it when hondata comes out...shit then again, there's no dyno close by for me to get on and have someone tune it...so I guess I have to suffer till hondata.

02SilverSiHB
04-23-2004, 08:39 PM
hey, spider, another way to get more hp from a different pulley is the crank pulley, a guy on clubrsx has 11lbs of boost on a k20a! he's using like 600 something cc injectors and kpro.
He using the upgrade nose pulley and also the k24 crank pulley to get 11lbs of boost. Crazy amount for a k2a! it put down 290 to the wheels

1 fstr si
04-23-2004, 10:29 PM
just buy a gates belt. direct replacement for the dayco poly-cog that comes with the kit is p/n KO70630. gates are good belts.

02SilverSiHB
04-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si
just buy a gates belt. direct replacement for the dayco poly-cog that comes with the kit is p/n KO70630. gates are good belts.
can you get that off line, or is easily obtainable from a parts store?

spider883
04-24-2004, 11:46 AM
bought safc2 and dyno tunning in 2 weeks... if that all works out then ill be changing some pulley

1 fstr si
04-24-2004, 03:30 PM
you should be able to get em at ur local parts store, but dont buy a belt from autozone, they r crap and stretch after a lil while and r no good.

ALCT
04-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 1 fstr si

thanks, I'll definitely look into gates belts too.