PDA

View Full Version : greddy turbo kit installation (head studs)

torkcm
04-19-2004, 06:42 PM
I have been sitting on my greddy turbo kit waiting for my intercooler to come in and read the instructions for the installation, it said you had to replace the 3 head studs with the ones they provide? for anyone that has done the installation do you have to do this? I was kinda of hoping that i could just bolt the manifold right on without having to change studs..

spider883
04-19-2004, 06:43 PM
change them like they say.. its easy to change the studs.. just use the double nut method.. i had to remove two studs on the sc install and its nothing.. just do everything the instructions tell u

bgsteve523
04-20-2004, 07:34 AM
torkcm you are going to be in a world of trouble if you skip even one step trust me follow it to the tee. That way everything works in the end. Now the head bolts are super easy its a double threaded bolt one side is screwed into the head and the other gets a nut on it after the manifold goes on. It makes it really easy to put the manifold on because it replaces the bolts that went in your manifold so you put your new bolts in new gasket and manifold slides right on. I wish it was like that when I did my header back way back would have made life easy. Anyway just follow the instructions and if you don't think you can do it call a buddy for help or have someone do it for you.
sorry just my 2,
Steve O

torkcm
04-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Ok thanks guys, I did a turbo install on my 00 civic and was wondering because I didnt have to replace the head studs for the manifold. I guess they needed to extend the length so there is enough to for the bolt to catch after the manifold is put on i guess.