PDA

View Full Version : Maintinace required light problem

Matt_EP
04-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Mine wont go out!!! Has any one had this problem?

I did exactly what it said in the book. I turn the car off, press and hold the trip button, turn key to the on position, (it never flashes for me like it should even when i hold it for like 20 sec.) Start the car and its still on. Its been on for like 5k miles now and its pissing me off.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

skooba
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
hmmm, dunno what the problem is, but I just noticed tonight while driving home that the light came on and stayed on. I have like 29,380 miles or somewhere around that number, usually it flashes for a few seconds then goes away, but now it stays on.

Matt_EP
04-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Ok just to let you all know i figured out what was wrong with my MRL. I went to the dealer today and i was informed that you cant reset the light wil the headlights on. I had always been trying at night and in bad weather so my lights were always on.

enecks
04-20-2004, 10:40 PM
strange.

phantasia
04-22-2004, 07:53 PM
dude

please next time dont try to mess with buttons and dashboard bullshit while driving at night in inclement weather. wait til you get home, none of us would want you to be in an accident because you were distracted.

Tenacious G
04-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by phantasia
dude

please next time dont try to mess with buttons and dashboard bullshit while driving at night in inclement weather. wait til you get home, none of us would want you to be in an accident because you were distracted.

LOL ... read the first post again, my man. he says he turns the car off and turns the car to the "ON" position. he's obviously not driving. he's saying he left his headlights on while resetting the light.

dj addicted
04-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
LOL ... read the first post again, my man. he says he turns the car off and turns the car to the "ON" position. he's obviously not driving. he's saying he left his headlights on while resetting the light.

you beat me to it.. I was laughing when I was reading that.. I was thinking.. is it possible to turn your car off and back on while driving, while trying to turn off the maintenance light??