PDA

View Full Version : jrsc dyno

denmah
04-19-2004, 08:27 PM
well i pulled 173.3hp @7000 and 144.5 ft lbs @ 4250

2 of my runs we too it above 7k and there was detonation around 7300 and the other time right at 7700, nothing major but def not healthy.

i still have the stock header and stock exhaust.
im getting a dc header and a greddy evo2 catback, ill let you know what that frees up. because you can tell its bottle up pretty good on the exhaust end.

anyway here is the video. just me on the dyno then the 7700 pull then the results of my best pull. enjoy.
my jrsc dyno (http://www.herrforce.com/misc/civic/mottdyno.wmv)

SubliminalSi
04-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Not to bad #'s there, about the same as the A2 swap.

Siman
04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
port out the head and get alot more HP.

also, i would get the 6 speed, with those high revs and peak RPM's you need shorter gears...i saw the other videos also, you need shorter gears...

did i mention you need shorter gears? LOL

nice numbers though! i cant wait to see how much you will run with the I/H/E combo! probably around 200 easy WHP...port the head...you will love your car forever;)

denmah
04-19-2004, 09:14 PM
after the header and exhaust im going to run meth injection, that should really bring up the hp.

Exit117K20
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Don't waste your $ on the DC header...get JR...just my .02

denmah
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
do they have a carb legal one?

denmah
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
damn its showing great #s tho. i may have to get it with the test pipe. and just toss on the cat for inspection days.

will the stock o2 go in there without a proble, what about hte 2nd o2 sensor we have.

civicSIracer
04-20-2004, 12:08 AM
holy shit. you spent 2500 bucks on 30 Hp????

think about that for a sec.

i think im going turbo;)

!@#$%
04-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer

i think im going turbo;)

sounds like something a svtf,srt4,1.8t etc owner would say.

anjapower
04-20-2004, 05:58 AM
that's with the NA Hondata flash right? I bet you'd hit 180+ if you get that tuned. Get Kpro!

the JigGa mAn
04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
that's with the NA Hondata flash right? I bet you'd hit 180+ if you get that tuned. Get Kpro!

no i dont think its hes got the NA hondata flash anymore..he was getting it reflashed back to stock

Grookes
04-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by denmah
[/URL]

Important question - 173 at the wheels or at the flywheel? And as for the detonation, what octane fuel were you using? Thanks.

Champ Masters
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
I have an AEM CAI, Comptech header, and Skunk 2 cat-back with the JRSC and only dyno'd at about 175 hp at the wheels. Kinda disappointing :(

trk
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
no i dont think its hes got the NA hondata flash anymore..he was getting it reflashed back to stock

He is STILL running the NA hondata flash. We PM'd about it.

134 (stock dyno whp #) bumped to 174 -- thats 40 hp on a stock car.... not too shabby. Needs I/H/E/MM/K-PRO ... and too be tuned. You'll push 200 whp easy.

;)

Nice run, Nice info. Thanks for taking the time to make all these posts and get dyno numbers, etc...

trk
04-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Champ Masters
I have an AEM CAI, Comptech header, and Skunk 2 cat-back with the JRSC and only dyno'd at about 175 hp at the wheels. Kinda disappointing :(

Really?

thats fucked, did you ever dyno it before all your mods or before the JRSC?

Champ Masters
04-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Before the supercharger, with i/h/e I dyno'd at 148 hp at the wheels.

fsugatorbait
04-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Siman
port out the head and get alot more HP.

also, i would get the 6 speed, with those high revs and peak RPM's you need shorter gears...i saw the other videos also, you need shorter gears...

did i mention you need shorter gears? LOL

nice numbers though! i cant wait to see how much you will run with the I/H/E combo! probably around 200 easy WHP...port the head...you will love your car forever;)

Are you kidding? Why in the world would you want shorter gears with FI. You want longer gears for FI and shorter gears for N/A to keep you in your powerband. Think before you speak.

fsugatorbait
04-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Good number Denmah. Those numbers might be a little better given the increased timing with hondata. Adding a header and exhaust will help tons with your setup. I believe your in CA so if you dont go with a race header, id suggest Borla because of their longer primaries. Im very intereted to see how everything works out for ya, you've taken the initiative to get us the best videos and dyno #'s hopefully with different setups. Keep up the good work. :)

mhx
04-20-2004, 10:09 AM
I would get kamikaze headers: http://www.bigjoshracing.com/store/shop/index.html

3 nice choices:
HCH15009-BC Kamikaze High Temp. Black Coating, 4-1 Header
(01-03 Honda Civic Si)
HCH15009-NP Kamikaze Nickel Polish Chrome, 4-1 Header
(01-03 1 3/4"Honda Civic Si)
HCH15009-C Kamikaze High Luster Ceramic Coating, 4-1 Header
(01-03 Honda Civic Si)

denmah
04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Good number Denmah. Those numbers might be a little better given the increased timing with hondata. Adding a header and exhaust will help tons with your setup. I believe your in CA so if you dont go with a race header, id suggest Borla because of their longer primaries. Im very intereted to see how everything works out for ya, you've taken the initiative to get us the best videos and dyno #'s hopefully with different setups. Keep up the good work. :)

i live in pa on the east coast.
my tuner said ill see a hell of alot of power out of a header, and exhaust wich is obvious. and im leaning towards meth injection when im running a higher boost for an extra bit of power once i get tuned, and everyone keeps saying to get the kpro ecu, well hondata wont sell it yet lol im workin on it.

dj addicted
04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
jackson racing claims their race header will add 26WHP when added with their supercharger... definately check in on that..

Dunrick
04-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I would expect a bit more power out of header/exhaust. But probably not as much as you would think. Keep us posted! I would love to be wrong about this, supercharger sure is cool. Sounds sweet, and is great for everyday applications.

ALCT
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
hey Denmah, are you using 93 octane? and what's up with the detonation?

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 03:28 PM

i think im going turbo;)
you are dumb

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
hey Denmah, are you using 93 octane? and what's up with the detonation? he has the na hondata reflash..therefore the up'd timing and changed a/f not made for FI :D hence the detonation.

Champs, sounds like something isn't quite right with your setup, maybe you are running reaaallly rich. have you got an a/f read out?

Oh and for those going on and on about how their turbos are so bad ass...remember there is no jrsc member out here that has a tuned kit, where as 99% of the turbo guys have great setups from the get go..cybernation, greddy's emanage, and hondata tune for the revhard kit.

And not to mention...it's a no fucking shit accessment that a turbo is going to add more. If I was worring so much about that, I would have bought one. JRSC is a simple install and it's cheap.

trk
04-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
he has the na hondata reflash..therefore the up'd timing and changed a/f not made for FI :D hence the detonation.

Champs, sounds like something isn't quite right with your setup, maybe you are running reaaallly rich. have you got an a/f read out?

Oh and for those going on and on about how their turbos are so bad ass...remember there is no jrsc member out here that has a tuned kit, where as 99% of the turbo guys have great setups from the get go..cybernation, greddy's emanage, and hondata tune for the revhard kit.

And not to mention...it's a no fucking shit accessment that a turbo is going to add more. If I was worring so much about that, I would have bought one. JRSC is a simple install and it's cheap.

Im right there with you.

Hatchtastic
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
So JRSC is about 40 whp increase? A turbo is at least 80. A turbo with install is under 5000. So it would seem that they even out. can you upgrade your jrsc to stage 2 or 3 and up the boost?

ALCT
04-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by trk
Im right there with you.
me too.
and yes I paid $2595 for that sexy bird in my engine.

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Hatchtastic
So JRSC is about 40 whp increase? A turbo is at least 80. A turbo with install is under 5000. So it would seem that they even out. can you upgrade your jrsc to stage 2 or 3 and up the boost?
hey, you can up the boot, I wouldn't go over 8lbs on a jrsc though...no intercooler and the heat made kills the power after 8lbs...imo

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM

2 of my runs we too it above 7k and there was detonation around 7300 and the other time right at 7700, nothing major but def not healthy.

i still have the stock header and stock exhaust.
im getting a dc header and a greddy evo2 catback, ill let you know what that frees up. because you can tell its bottle up pretty good on the exhaust end.

anyway here is the video. just me on the dyno then the 7700 pull then the results of my best pull. enjoy.
my jrsc dyno (http://www.herrforce.com/misc/civic/mottdyno.wmv)

Not bad, makes about the same HP as a K20A2 with a good amount more torque. You should be hitting mid 14's easy with that. The guys over at clubrsx seem to be loving the JRSC now. The K20A2 makes about 240hp / 160tq. I could live with that.

spider883
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
i just ordered the jr race header for mine.. and in a couple weeks ill get the greddy sp2 exhuast to go with it.. im still working on the new pulley for more boost right now and i already found a safc for cheap

civicSIracer
04-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
you are dumb

just cuz you have teh same problem to man.. jeeze.. could of spent the 3 grand on NA, gone for ITR cams,valves, and springs and hondata, had more reliablity and a faster car for the money.. just seems dissapointing. the jrsc for the b16a2 put down a lot beter numbers then the A3. haha and even put more down on the SOHC motor.

siver-SI
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Well I have been thinking turbo because of the extra Hp, but I like to be informed so I would like to see what kind of HP you can put down with a S/C? I guess the biggest thing I would like to see is how much a ECU program would help out. I know from working on carbuarated cars once you got the timing and the jets right you could make some very nice numberers compared to a stock carb.

It is a new motor and setup to play with, where with the B blocks they have had a lot of time to get it tuned right and get those great numbers down on the road.

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
just cuz you have teh same problem to man.. jeeze.. could of spent the 3 grand on NA, gone for ITR cams,valves, and springs and hondata, had more reliablity and a faster car for the money.. just seems dissapointing. the jrsc for the b16a2 put down a lot beter numbers then the A3. haha and even put more down on the SOHC motor.
wow :rolleyes: that's all I can say, is wow :rolleyes: you're a dreamer aren't you

3 grand...for itr cams, valves, springs, and hondata...right more to it than that for a type s head swap, then there's the install charge..then there's the fact that when I sell this car, I can't opt to take all that shit out to sell it.

and no the jrsc did not put out way more numbers for the b16..it was about the same in whp for NON TUNED B16...just like our NON TUNED K20A3...but we have more torque. And a sohc didn't put down more power with a jrsc at 5lbs of boost much less 10lbs of boost...I know, I owned one. :rolleyes:

SONIC SI
04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Well I know what I am going to be saving up for now.

trk
04-20-2004, 05:39 PM

tard.

denmah
04-20-2004, 07:04 PM
it detonates because the stock injectors max out at 5psi at 7000rpm. after that they just dont have the flow for anything more. and they lean out, thats why they detonate.

spider883
04-20-2004, 07:09 PM
it detonates because the stock injectors max out at 5psi at 7000rpm. after that they just dont have the flow for anything more. and they lean out, thats why they detonate.

well if that is true and i do belive it to be true i will be buying new injectors before i test out the new pulley.. any sugestions on injectors?

denmah
04-20-2004, 07:12 PM
you need the kpro to swap your injectors. or some way to flash it, if you toss in the larger injectors your car will run like ass, at least thats my experience with superchargers.

its calibrated for the certain size and it will pulse them the same as the smaller size and youll get wayy too much fuel most of your run, correct me if im wrong ide love to be able to just toss in a larger pair. but i dont even know the stock size.

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2004, 08:08 PM
you need the kpro to swap your injectors. or some way to flash it, if you toss in the larger injectors your car will run like ass, at least thats my experience with superchargers.

its calibrated for the certain size and it will pulse them the same as the smaller size and youll get wayy too much fuel most of your run, correct me if im wrong ide love to be able to just toss in a larger pair. but i dont even know the stock size.
yeah, that's true..another reason I'm awaiting for hondata, they will use 440cc injectors with their reflash...I do however find it interesting that the injectors max out at 5lbs at 7k rpm...where did you hear that? SFP is running their turbos at about 8-10lbs with stock injectors..although they have that aqua spray shit they use also, so that's probably why

denmah
04-20-2004, 08:11 PM
matt at hondata told me they would, and they sure as hell do it detonates like a mother fucker when you take it out. trust me.

LHD_EP3
04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
matt at hondata told me they would, and they sure as hell do it detonates like a mother fucker when you take it out. trust me.
This is 02silver on lhd_ep3's laptop...

Anyway, yeah, I believe you, especially since hondata told you. I knew those guys at sfp were stupid to run stock injectors at their boost level..I know they use some other aqua spray, but still

k20hatch
04-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Nice videos and nice numbers man! Considering its not a tuned A3 im diggin the numbers!

Az02Si
04-22-2004, 09:51 AM
just cuz you have teh same problem to man.. jeeze.. could of spent the 3 grand on NA, gone for ITR cams,valves, and springs and hondata, had more reliablity and a faster car for the money.. just seems dissapointing. the jrsc for the b16a2 put down a lot beter numbers then the A3. haha and even put more down on the SOHC motor. End yourself.Dont speak about what you do not know.........ITR cams in an a3 head? riiiiiiiight.and a SOHC JR car being faster making more power? You DO realize that JRSC D16s are MOSTLY like a bolt on b16,right????????Low 15s/high 14s...Drink a gallon of bleach.

SiOnTheFly
04-22-2004, 02:32 PM
that supercharger sounds b-b-b-b-b-beautiful :'(

not bad numbers at all for not being tuned. and i just love how superchargers sound....i cant help myself.

dchu
04-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
End yourself.Dont speak about what you do not know.........ITR cams in an a3 head? riiiiiiiight.and a SOHC JR car being faster making more power? You DO realize that JRSC D16s are MOSTLY like a bolt on b16,right????????Low 15s/high 14s...Drink a gallon of bleach.

Hahahahahah...if my JRSC D16(131-34 whp) made that much power I wouldn't be driving an EP. I gotta admit the numbers are a little disappointing compared to a JRSC B16, but it was easier to tune. Those kits had fuel pressure risers that you could tweak a little to lean/richen the mixture. With the new "powercard" it's set and you can't do anything about it.

02SilverSiHB
04-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Az02Si
End yourself.Dont speak about what you do not know.........ITR cams in an a3 head? riiiiiiiight.and a SOHC JR car being faster making more power? You DO realize that JRSC D16s are MOSTLY like a bolt on b16,right????????Low 15s/high 14s...Drink a gallon of bleach.
hahhahahaaaa! awsome!