SmoothOperator
10-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, what the hell is wrong with it?

nx2kta
10-12-2002, 07:41 PM
lost power steering

SmoothOperator
10-12-2002, 07:43 PM
I think you're the first member to experience that problem. I haven't heard of this happenning to anyone else. I'd just consider it a fluke.

poppasp1ce
10-12-2002, 07:44 PM
the only minor problem i had was that the ac switch was broken. it would turn on and off at random. i was extremely pissed.

natesi
10-12-2002, 08:10 PM
If it's truely been in the shop for a month, check you're lemon laws. In my state a contiguous/total of one month qualifies as a lemon. But all states are different.

civic hatch boi
10-12-2002, 08:12 PM
i dunno if my power streering works or not.. when the car is at like 0mph, it's hard to turn, but then with any mph even 1mph, it's smooth. i guess that's the eps

IceD out N CALI
10-12-2002, 08:26 PM
that sucks

toe knee
10-12-2002, 09:34 PM
im having several porblems with my ep. 1) clutching making a clicking sound when i press on it 2) Passenger front shock also doing the samething but only at slow speeds. 3) My passenger window makes a griding sound going up. Honda says problem 1 & 2 can be fixed by regreasing it. The third problem they said needs to be looked at.

greenguy
10-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
i dunno if my power streering works or not.. when the car is at like 0mph, it's hard to turn, but then with any mph even 1mph, it's smooth. i guess that's the eps

I have the same thing. No big deal though.:rolleyes:

ep3guy
10-13-2002, 04:09 AM
i have a problem with my ac, it just doesnt get really cold and my panic button on my alarm doesnt work. oh yeah, and my alarm doesnt go into 'passive' mode after i close my doors, i have to manually press the lock button. (sometimes i forget to press the lock button on my alarm). are the sensors spread throughout the car for the alarm? (the karr alarm). for some reason the guy said all the sensors are in the dash and it picks up the vibrations??? im lost. the guy came to my hosue to install it, i guess i gotta take it back to the dealer.

LordKoo
10-13-2002, 05:11 AM
IS it something has to do with the first batch EPs from UK? How long have you guys have the EPs?

I am sure when the power steering is not working, the EPS light will come on.

Strange to hear these problems, Honda's quality control has always been number one.

SmoothOperator
10-13-2002, 01:44 PM
I got one of the first EP's in Canada. And I haven't had a single problem related to manufacturing.

Surprise
10-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

You have not driven many cars have you!

Every car is like that! Drive a car without power steering, when the car is stopped you practicly have to yank the wheel to move it. But once the car is moving it gets MUCH lighter!

Az02Si
10-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Yep,mines about to go in for tranny issues.I think i managed to kill the throw out bearing after 12K miles.That and the nice 3rd gear grind that happens sometimes.And i also want to know why the POS gets 20mpg under easy driving conditions.Damn this car pisses me off.Tired of spending 25+ a week in gas to get around,ive seen freaking 4.6 Mustangs get better milage than my 2.0.Pathetic......

TrippZ
10-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
i have a problem with my ac, it just doesnt get really cold and my panic button on my alarm doesnt work. oh yeah, and my alarm doesnt go into 'passive' mode after i close my doors, i have to manually press the lock button. (sometimes i forget to press the lock button on my alarm). are the sensors spread throughout the car for the alarm? (the karr alarm). for some reason the guy said all the sensors are in the dash and it picks up the vibrations??? im lost. the guy came to my hosue to install it, i guess i gotta take it back to the dealer.

ROFLMAO hold you panic button down. and for the alarm - press lock ONCE to lock, TWICE to engage alarm.

ep3guy
10-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

ROFLMAO hold you panic button down. and for the alarm - press lock ONCE to lock, TWICE to engage alarm.

uhhh ok... press twice alright :rolleyes: