PDA

View Full Version : ever heard of ZYMOL?

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-12-2002, 08:23 PM
they other day my friend told me to try this wax called zymol. its like a light blueish wax and its supose to make ur car shine and remove swirl marks at the same time. anyone heard of this product? is it good?

civic hatch boi
10-12-2002, 08:38 PM
zymbol?

HondaMan
10-12-2002, 08:39 PM
Yep, I use it...its good but not that good. I'm going to do the multi step process with Klasse next wax job...its described in another thread in this forum.

jaydub
10-13-2002, 08:57 AM
Agreed, Xymol is kinda overrated (especially if it's the one purchased from Wal-Mart). The only xymol that's worth it's price is the carbon formula, and I believe it's about $40 for a small can of it.

I also use Klasse, but might be trying Zaino Bros. soon.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-13-2002, 12:29 PM
what waxes are good outthere ? that helps remove swirls and all. i heard a bunch of 3 step waxes but i dunno which are good. i have a black car so i need the best for it. thanks for all ur responds

X 2KS2K
10-13-2002, 12:49 PM
zaino is the best. case closed.

jaydub
10-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by X 2KS2K
zaino is the best. case closed.

I disagree, but it's good stuff.

I've used quite a few of the 3-step kits. Meguairs, Mothers, but now I make my own 3-steps... actually it's more than 3, but... hahaha

1) Clay Bar
2) 3M Swirl Mark Remover (for dark cars) - this will help your swirl marks IMMENSELY
3) Klasse All-In-One
4) Klasse Sealer Glaze
5) Blitz One Grand Carnuba

I had a navy blue jetta before my EP, and the method I described above kept it swirl mark free and shiny.
http://www.dubfusion.com/misc/goodpic2.jpg

ssvr6
10-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Klasse hands down is the product of choice.

Steve

X 2KS2K
10-13-2002, 04:03 PM
ok, klasse may be as good or better than zaino, i've never used it so i don't know. zaino is some good shit though. here is a comparison test between zaino, zymol (both cheap stuff and nsx) and meguair's gold class => http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

jaydub
10-13-2002, 05:30 PM
Oh there's no doubt that zaino is good stuff. The comparison you'll come across on detailer's message boards is Klasse vs. Zaino. Klasse tends to have a much more natural, clear look; whereas Zaino has a sizzling wet look. I'm actually curious whether Zaino would be better since I have a white EP, but we shall see. :D

X 2KS2K
10-13-2002, 06:08 PM
after further review... i ordered up some klasse products, lol. it looks like it is so much easier to apply than the zaino million step process. i've been dreading beginning the zaino process because we are currently under water restrictions here in raleigh and the only place i can hand wash my car is about 8 miles away! @#$%^&%&$

i really don't want to wash my car, then drive it 8 miles, then wax it. i'm worried about rubbing in dirt, instant swirl marks. it looks like i'll be able to apply the klasse products pretty quickly, so i can do it right at the carwash. thanks for the heads up!

jaydub
10-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Sure thing man, I think you'll be pleased with the Klasse products. If you are looking for some application tips, check out the forums at http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php

HondaMan
10-16-2002, 10:43 PM
I'm getting ready to order jaydub's multi step process w/ Klasse products. Going to detail my families' autos when I get to GA as X-mas gifts and the like. Plus, my car needs a good detailing (damn tree sap mainly). :D

jaydub
10-17-2002, 08:25 AM
HondaMan, are you going to try it with a random orbital buffer? I had 10x better results using my Porter Cable 7424 to apply it. :)

HondaMan
10-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
HondaMan, are you going to try it with a random orbital buffer? I had 10x better results using my Porter Cable 7424 to apply it. :)

I have a Black & Decker random orbital polisher. You think that will be good enough or is the Porter Cable 7424 a must have & worth the investment? If so, I wonder what Home Depot has them for...I'm already going to order $170 worth of products from CMA soon (including 10% discount from autopia). Hmmmm

jaydub
10-18-2002, 08:23 AM
I was using my little B&D random orbit polisher as well, and let me tell you, the Porter Cable is a totally different beast. It's basically a power tool, and to be honest, I can't imagine waxing a car without it now.

It was easily the best $200 I spent. I do know that the guys on autopia are recommending a different model, because it comes with a 6lb. weighted head, as opposed to the 5lb. that the 7424 has. What that translates to, I do not know... but I do know that my 7424 has served me well. I know there are better deals to be had on it than ordering it from CMA, but the reason I still ordered it from them is because it comes with the velcro head on it already. I also ordered the pad kit.

What I ordered:

http://www.properautocare.com/porcabuldetm.html

at the bottom, you can see the pad kit is $49 from them. It is HIGHLY worth it, the pads they've picked are great.

HondaMan
10-18-2002, 11:26 AM
jaydub,
Many thanks for the info! I don't think I can talk my wife into the $200 7424 or the 6lb. model on top of the $170 worth of detail products from CMA. It sucks being poor! :(

I'll go by Home Depot today and see if they have it and maybe get now, cause no sales tax and shipping on it here in Oregon will help...we leave Oregon next week so I have to do it soon. ;)

jaydub
10-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
jaydub,
Many thanks for the info! I don't think I can talk my wife into the $200 7424 or the 6lb. model on top of the $170 worth of detail products from CMA. It sucks being poor! :(

I'll go by Home Depot today and see if they have it and maybe get now, cause no sales tax and shipping on it here in Oregon will help...we leave Oregon next week so I have to do it soon. ;) IIRC, Home Depot does carry it, but it has a normal head on it, not the velcro one. You can order the velcro head thing from CMA, it's like $15 I think.

HondaMan
10-18-2002, 12:28 PM
IIRC, Home Depot does carry it, but it has a normal head on it, not the velcro one. You can order the velcro head thing from CMA, it's like $15 I think.

Yeah, just went by my local Home Depot and the model 7428 was there for $177...the head looked like it was velcro (hook & loop pad). That sound like a good deal?

Here is the PC 7428 URL:
http://www.porter-cable.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?method=byid&prod_id=7428

It shows what I think is the old style handle near the pad, the one at Home Depot had the newer handle (looks more comfortable).

Lasty. looks like a pretty good deal on the 7424 @ CMA. Hmmm :confused:

HondaMan
10-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Dang, CMA has the 7428 for $174.95. Hmmmm

http://www.properautocare.com/porcab74cirp.html

That URL shows pics with the new style handle.

Edit: http://pryor.ws/honda/pics2/7428Handle.jpg

jaydub
10-18-2002, 02:06 PM
yeah, mine has the old handle. Sounds like an OK price if the one at home depot has the velcro on it already.

HondaMan
10-18-2002, 02:17 PM
yeah, mine has the old handle. Sounds like an OK price if the one at home depot has the velcro on it already.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. The 7428 does come with the velcro standard...the CMA deal/sale @ $174.95 is a nice deal and will be 1 less thing we have to pack for our move to Georgia. I think I'm going to go with the CMA deal...the extra shipping for it over the detail products is about $5. :)

HondaMan
10-18-2002, 02:19 PM
jaydub,
BTW, the 7424 is on sale @ CMA for $149.95...you think the 7428 is worth the extra $25?

Edit: As you can tell I have a hard time making up my mind, I always what to get the best value or deal on new stuff...epecially if it's newbie territory for me. ;)

jaydub
10-18-2002, 02:49 PM
I don't know much about the 7428, but I've been happy with my 7424. I think you'd be pretty good with either one.

DownTheHatch
11-01-2002, 07:43 AM
Where do you get Klasse? I used meguiars gold class liquid and it sucks horribly, the finish is gone after one wash.

AkronSi
11-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Get Klasse at Proper Auto Care (http://www.properautocare.com)