PDA

View Full Version : Okay....4 cylinders are the shit

Gango
04-20-2004, 09:48 AM
This post is a little bit towards the argument about the srt-4 shit vs the civic si, and to all who said that you need more cylinders for it to go faster...wrong. Fact: My buddy here in cleveland works at a shop where they make custom turbos, and his 96 eagle talon was doing over 550 hp with his mods of course, and still street legal. That car is now stripped to pieces which is soon to be turned into a rear wheel drive with more horsepower. Another guy that has a 4 cylinder dont know what for sure, but the word is that he is over 1000 hp and still street legal. These guys right now aree working in a 92 mustang 5.0 and putting twin turbos on it. Now if you think that i am lying, if you live in the cleveland area than you probably know GUS @ the extreme auto shop he will tell you all about it.

My point is that for under 5k, personally with my stock engine i was promised by these guys at least 400 hp. I f anyone is interested for that kind of money and horsepower email me, and i will be glad to give you their number.

There is much yet to be discovered about the k20a3 motor which we dont know about...just take a look at the b16, how much horsepower are they getting out of them with a stock engine.

So.. please stop telling me about srt-4, and spec-vaginas, cause after all i have spent a lot of money so far in my ep and still a lot more to be spend,and after all i enjoy spending every bit ofit , because the whole fun is doing it your own style, not some factory bullshit. And as far as warranty goes, think of it this way every time you hit 100 mph you are already not considering warranty or your life. I love my SI and who says different by god I will beat the shit out of them, but just in case people dont know, yes there is more power to be unleashed.
It is just a journey, and with hard work comes reward.

Sorry for it being so long...just my .02 cents

Peace

blueiedgod
04-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Nice post, but I don't recall anyone ever saying that Civic needed 6 or 8 cylinders. I would imagine that a V6 would make the front biased weight distribution even worse.
Besides, you can extract more power from a straight cylinder configuration rather than a "V"

The 2.0 liter in the Si has an output similar to many V6's out there.

Dunrick
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
You sort of come off like a jerk in this rant. Maybe some of the words weren't so necessary?

I think most of ephatch knows/agrees that the k20a3 has a lot more potential.

silver ep
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
yes there is more power to be unleashed.

Couldn't agree more!

fishboy
04-20-2004, 10:01 AM
ok....

k20hatch
04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Ima drop a v8 in my si :confused:

blueiedgod
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Ima drop a v8 in my si :confused:

I think SVT built a 5.0 Focus SVT with rear wheel drive, I remember reading about it somewhere. But for $60K I would rather buy an BMW M3 or Z3 roadster (Z3 M3 hatchback)

k20hatch
04-20-2004, 10:30 AM
They did i posted up some pics of one for everybody on a past post!

dj addicted
04-20-2004, 10:37 AM
My point is that for under 5k, personally with my stock engine i was promised by these guys at least 400 hp.

I would really like to know what kind of mods they would be doing to bring 400hp. You would have to boost close to 20 pounds to get those numbers.. which would require you to replace all the internals (Low compression pistons, rods, etc... which if you did it all yourself would still cost more than 5K.

A buddy of mine is pushing roughly 320 WHP and I know he has spent way over 5K.

VBSI
04-20-2004, 11:00 AM
...and I promise that if you send me $5000, I'll pretend I didn't read such bull$hit.

Since this thread was inspired by my SRT-4 thread, why don't you post where appropriate....in that post.

dj addicted
04-20-2004, 11:12 AM
My point is that for under 5k, personally with my stock engine i was promised by these guys at least 400 hp. Quote from above

I would really like to know what kind of mods they would be doing to bring 400hp. You would have to boost close to 20 pounds to get those numbers.. which would require you to replace all the internals (Low compression pistons, rods, etc... which if you did it all yourself would still cost more than 5K.

A buddy of mine is pushing roughly 320 WHP and I know he has spent way over 5K.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-20-2004, 11:48 AM
I could make 400hp on an A3 for about $1000 bucks.
250shot nitrous should cover it.

the question is....how long will it last?

the answer is....not very long.

dj addicted
04-20-2004, 11:50 AM
hahaha.. I think it would last once.., but you would be coasting into the pits

fishboy
04-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
I could make 400hp on an A3 for about $1000 bucks.
250shot nitrous should cover it.

the question is....how long will it last?

the answer is....not very long.

very true.

see there is a simple equation to modding, Gango. i'm sure we've all heard it at one point or another...

cheap, fast, and reliable

you can only have 2.

2.25CrushBent
04-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
very true.

cheap, fast, and reliable

you can only have 2.

Very true...

Gango
04-20-2004, 02:08 PM
For everyone out there, who is taking my post as an offense, my point clearly is that our engines have a lot of potential, and so what about the cars that come with a turbo from the factory, look at the prices, and please dont give me the rental neon with a turbo. When you really think about it, how far are you going to go into comparing a dodge with the honda in any way, o yea i forgot the neon comes with a turbo. Come on, really lets be realistic.

As far as what they would do to the car to make it with that many hp, I dont know, I didnt ask , but if you are that eager to know i will be more than happy to give you their number and give them a call.
And as I said I am not trying to offend anybody, but comparing a dodge with the honda, it is ridiculous, never heard of this before until now.

peace

VBSI
04-20-2004, 02:20 PM
"but comparing a dodge with the honda, it is ridiculous, never heard of this before until now"

I don't find it very ridiculous to compare two sub-compact cars in nearly the same price range, aimed at the same market. The only truly ridiculous thing is how bad our Si gets its ass kicked by a Neon. How long does the average person keep a car these days anyway? A turbo-modded Si will probably have the same shelf life as a stock turbo Neon, since the Si wasn't designed to handle boost.

GatorBait.
04-20-2004, 02:28 PM
I don't see where Gango is going with this. So it is not right to compare cars is what your saying? The SRT-4 is a subcompact car, same as the Si, Focus SVT, Mazdaspeed Protege, Spec-V, etc. I guess we shouldn't compare them because some are turbo and some are not? Bullshit. Quit your crying because your EP is slow as shit. The Si is an ECONOMY car, not a car made for speed. You seem to have the classic ricer excuse. Dodge was smart to make the Neon turbo stock, which is why its selling a hell of a lot more SRT-4's than Honda is selling Si's. Grab a tissue and shut up.

Tenacious G
04-20-2004, 02:32 PM
geez ... give up the EP vs. SRT-4 debate already. it's getting old.

Gango
04-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I did not say that the si is not to be compared with others car, what I sad as far as car history goes between honda in general and dodge in general, and just to let you know you are right the srt-4 is faster who cares, i drive my friends every now and than but I would really like to know how different the srt-4 is going to be from the past neons. Yea it has a turbo,and that does make it quick, but only the future will tell when they start having problems. And as far as speed goes i can still take some cars with my si, so no it is not the slowest thing out there.

fishboy
04-20-2004, 02:42 PM
sorry to break this to you, but the ep is no big deal.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
sorry to break this to you, but the ep is no big deal.

it must have something to offer if you're wasting your time posting on ephatch.

;)

bloodzombie
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
the EP is just like any other car. it's fast if you put a lot of money into it.

So decide which car you like best and do whatever you want to it.

car debates are stupid, and gango is just a little bit retarded I think.

sniperSI
04-20-2004, 03:08 PM
I love my EP , I love moding it, I love the site and I love to drive the si.

Now with that being said.

Its just a 15/19,000 civic. Compact fuel econ box and not a real sports car. You would have to sink some serious cash into the car to make it a real sports car, and i rather just buy a real one and mod it lightly then buy a sport compact and mod it heavily.

Unfortunately my financially situation does not allow me to do that.

Anyways, what I

fishboy
04-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
it must have something to offer if you're wasting your time posting on ephatch.

;)

actually the ep has absolutely nothing to offer me that's why i sold it. i post here because i still have some friends here and i'm still down to go to meets. does one have to own an ep to post here? :)

johnnydanger
04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
i don't know about you all, but i just farted... smells bad too... ;) seriously tho, the ep is a nice car, good fun, conversation piece, dare i say "cute", and most of all, itza honda... :D

k20hatch
04-20-2004, 03:36 PM
They just wanna have fun because there car comes stock faster than ours. I really like srt4's and welcome any of them to this site. But we all must remember "EPHATCH".com not "SRT4".com!

Dunrick
04-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
the EP is just like any other car. it's fast if you put a lot of money into it.

exactly

dofu
04-20-2004, 03:46 PM
wow... 1000 hp dsm... i would like to see how dude's gonna try to launch that thing... remember dr charles madrid??? :D :D :D 400 hp ep is believable, after all, there is a 350 hp all motor k20 block out there... but for only $5000??? 20 psi, stock block??? sorry, jus personal experience... we boosted a stock gsr at almost 14 psi and still blew the motor. we might have a stronger block, but 20 psi??? my gsx couldn't even handle that on a stock block.
btw... i dont see too many inline 4s on the streets or freeways hittin over 160 mph for the hell of it... ever

bloodzombie
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Of course you can't make 400 hp with 5k in mods. But this guy also says that he'll kick the shit out of you if you tell him that he doesn't love his ep, and that's even weirder.

Gango
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Zombie, get off my case, and you know what just for the record the kind of guy that you seem i would probably kick the shit out of you just for being ignorant. BTW that was a joke if you talk shit about my honda, yes i would get pissed cause it is guys like you that think you know everything but you dont. I dont know everything either okay, when i started this post was because i like to see feedback from people, and i really dont appreciate being called weird or retarded by you or anyone else. When i started this thread I simply stated my opinion and some facts of what i was told, and i thought i could share. What you have to say as far as your comments or opinions that is fine I respect that, but keep the bad ass imppression to yourself.

Okay buddy?

peace

Tenacious G
04-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Gango
Zombie, get off my case, and you know what just for the record the kind of guy that you seem i would probably kick the shit out of you just for being ignorant. BTW that was a joke if you talk shit about my honda, yes i would get pissed cause it is guys like you that think you know everything but you dont. I dont know everything either okay, when i started this post was because i like to see feedback from people, and i really dont appreciate being called weird or retarded by you or anyone else. When i started this thread I simply stated my opinion and some facts of what i was told, and i thought i could share. What you have to say as far as your comments or opinions that is fine I respect that, but keep the bad ass imppression to yourself.

Okay buddy?

peace

dude, chill. the new guy on the block earns his respect, he doesn't automatically assume it. why don't you take a less-abrasive approach and calmly discuss your points instead of saying you'll "kick the shit out" out of someone or bring up points that, quite frankly, have been beaten to death already.

ace
04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
i want there phone#.

eurosteez
04-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Its a Honda...just remember that.

Think about how they advertise......

:banana:

iR-VTEC2
04-20-2004, 10:04 PM
just some 2 "sense"
I personally adore the srt-4. sure im jealous of it but damn..i think it rocks that dodge had the balls to make a car like that.
ive already seen one SRT-4 pull over FIVE HUNDRED HP. EP3???? nowhere near it. the srt is a bad ass. It has its flaws JUST Like every....single....car.(trucksuvwagon)but it is still bad ass nonetheless and ive not seen one person that has an srt-4 mention any problems with it. Im sure they're are but the stereotype that all neons suck just has to end. I mean come on. I'm even thinking of getting one but im going to wait....something interesting is coming :)

now about the 4cylinder thing hehehehehehe. Here's something to think about. My uncle had a camaro. Old one. He spent about 5 thousand on the engine it and created 1800hp(give or take 20 depending on variables that i wont get into). If i spent 5 thousand on my ep3...would i be anywhere near 1800hp? fuck no.

you also will not see a 4 or even 8 cylinder prop. plane. Not enough power. Sure...the 4's and 8's could be made to produce enough power but at the extreme cost of maintenance and not to mention...it would be unreliable and dangerous.

Fours can only go so far. I had one dumbass say something to me like "yeah but the technology is increasing rapidly and fours are getting more and more powerful" ummmmmyeah. dumbass..so only four cylinder engines are allowed to take advantage of new technology? LOL moron. Can't beat physics when it comes to engines. That's the bottom line. sorry.

VividDreams
04-20-2004, 10:33 PM
any car can be fast if you put a little fan on it to MAKE it produce power.:rolleyes:

Type X
04-20-2004, 10:36 PM
This post is a little bit towards the argument about the srt-4 shit vs the civic si, and to all who said that you need more cylinders for it to go faster...wrong. Fact: My buddy here in cleveland works at a shop where they make custom turbos, and his 96 eagle talon was doing over 550 hp with his mods of course, and still street legal. That car is now stripped to pieces which is soon to be turned into a rear wheel drive with more horsepower. Another guy that has a 4 cylinder dont know what for sure, but the word is that he is over 1000 hp and still street legal. These guys right now aree working in a 92 mustang 5.0 and putting twin turbos on it. Now if you think that i am lying, if you live in the cleveland area than you probably know GUS @ the extreme auto shop he will tell you all about it.

You mention the comparison from the srt4 and the si
than go into give build ups on a mustang and your friends talon.....

My point is that for under 5k, personally with my stock engine i was promised by these guys at least 400 hp. I f anyone is interested for that kind of money and horsepower email me, and i will be glad to give you their number.

Your point should be made after you spend the $
i am remotely tired of hearing how every will rape this, buy this and run this... when they are still stock or with boltons
and everything is "coming soon"

There is much yet to be discovered about the k20a3 motor which we dont know about...just take a look at the b16, how much horsepower are they getting out of them with a stock engine.

so get off the internet
and go discover it......

So.. please stop telling me about srt-4, and spec-vaginas, cause after all i have spent a lot of money so far in my ep and still a lot more to be spend,and after all i enjoy spending every bit ofit , because the whole fun is doing it your own style, not some factory bullshit. And as far as warranty goes, think of it this way every time you hit 100 mph you are already not considering warranty or your life. I love my SI and who says different by god I will beat the shit out of them, but just in case people dont know, yes there is more power to be unleashed.
It is just a journey, and with hard work comes reward.

In my average day from getting up, going to work, hanging with friends and coming home....
not one person mentions the srt4 to me @ any of those places

i am guessing you see these people "telling you about ..." on the website in which you clicked the link . As for "beating the shit out of anyone who tells you you dont love your si"
how old are you 16?

Cliffs Notes -

Noone forces you to click threads
Noone in the real world even knows what a spec V, Si or SRT4 are
and till people spend the $ buy the products, stop bitching about comparisons to other cars, if you wanna compare
spend the $, find that said car and race them on the track, dyno together and be bestest pals

VividDreams
04-20-2004, 10:49 PM
OWNED!!:D

bloodzombie
04-21-2004, 09:28 AM

Okay buddy?

peace

1. you probably would kick the shit out of me "just for being ignorant".. that would really teach me a lesson. then you would go back to your trailer, throw down a case of Molson Ice and bang your little sister.

2. You didn't say anything about talking shit about your honda in your fist post, you said that you would kick the shit out of someone if they told YOU that YOU didn't love your honda.

3. Facts that someone told you? do you understand what a "fact" is? repeating lies that someone told you isn't really stating facts.

ATRIOT
04-21-2004, 09:34 AM
LMAO, well done...

Gango
04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
This goes to all of you who did take my thread as an offense,I am sure you are all right about your comments,but it was a good argument which goes to show that I am obviously not as smart as some of you here. I think you are all right about the SRT-4, I would like to have one too in addition if I had the money. As far as those guys who worked on turbos go, I can give you their number if you would like to email me otherwise I would confuse everyone and again and probably sound stupid. Again special apologies to zombie, I am the one who probably deserves to get their ass beaten. I am just so tired of everyone making fun of my car, because I am like the only one in town that has an EP with a few mods, and definitely found the wrong place where to get my anger out. I still like my car a lot, it would be nice to have something else better but thats all I could buy, and I am not giving up on it yet. To those who have SRT-4 enjoy them,and I am sorry for this approach. I am sure you are all nice people, and I will shut up now.

sniperSI
04-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Block sleeves are what, 1k? and a turbo kit, 3k? internals another grand, i don't see why 5000 bucks couldnt make a 400hp ep. Doesnt cybernations do it for that price anyways?

ranivus
04-21-2004, 04:27 PM
cant we all juss get alawng? (sorry poor ebonix)