PDA

View Full Version : honda tuning magazine article!

CaTiRo
04-20-2004, 12:32 PM
did anyone read the article about the turbo si? well the article did a comparison with it against the srt4. i was looking on the srt forum and they didn't too much care for it. was wondering what yall thought about the article? and below is the post to the thread on srtforums about the article.

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49040&page=1&pp=15

Hatchtastic
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
I havent read the article but I read the srt forums. LOL! They Bought a brand new 2.4 liter turbo neon with only 230 whp for like 23000. We could have 40 whp. At least were not suckers. Stock turbo doesnt appeal to me like an aftermarket 1 does. The engine bay looks like shit. Turbo is small and bare. Not much to them. There nice cars and I dont knock them. But compard to an import american cars suck. I dunno i really just dont like american cars anymore.

Si3
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
bastard peon owners...

its one thing to beat down our horsepower, they have the right too (stock v. stock)...

but to knock on honda relaibiltiy?!?! WTF!! A$$h0Les!

-aj-

CaTiRo
04-20-2004, 01:05 PM
yeah i can understand the power thing, but how are they going to call honda crap, especially compared to a dodge neon. i like the srt4, but i don't think its on the same level as the si when it comes to quality and reliablity.

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-20-2004, 01:10 PM
they do just anything to laugh at us. Our cars will always be better. Plus look at everything they had to do just to get "tuners" to even look at the car and even purchase it.

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
I mean dodge. by everyting "they" had to do.

Siman
04-20-2004, 01:55 PM
what the heck are THEY talking about....we are "ricers" and their "tricked out NEONS" arnt rice? there is something seriously wrong with those guys LMAO. they have NEONS....the civic Si has always been a sport compact....the neon, on the other hand has been a SUPER economy car...POS made in america...

they need to face it, you just cant make a neon look good...its still a neon...

until tuners in japan start tuning a NEON, i dont think i will have any respect for those turds.

thats just me though:confused:

2.0L Monster
04-20-2004, 05:07 PM
You guys need to relize that dodge spent ALOT of money to make the srt4 fast and reliable. Very few parts are the same between the srt4 and the normal neon. The engine is from the turbo pt crusier. So it isn't just another neon.

I'm not saying civics aren't reliable, far from it. In fact I'm not saying anything against the civic in any way.

I'm just saying the srt4 is not a crappy econobox. And remember the offical name of Dodge. Diamler Crysler BENZ. So when you are saying dogde can't make good cars you are saying benz can't make good cars. :p

bgsteve523
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
why did you have to post this i never want to read a srt4 forum again. I wanna punch everyone of thoes guys in the face for saying what they are saying. I like the one of the second they turn up the bost there going to blow there motor. I can't wait to spank one running 7psi and they are running 11+ psi. I HATE NEON FUCKERS!!!!
They were pissed because honda was calling them neons i hate to brake it to them they are NEONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry just my 2
Steve O

specialblend154
04-20-2004, 05:29 PM
SRT neons are very fast but i guess only time will tell about the reliablity. its funny how they add everything up just to prove that even when we are turbo'd there cars are usually going to be cheaper. speaking of the math what if i bought a b18c5+boost+Gutted EG chassis. it think i would shit on their NEONS

TheMutt
04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
I bitch, you bitch, we all bitch :rolleyes:

Get over it.

SubliminalSi
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
I bitch, you bitch, we all bitch :rolleyes:

Get over it.

amen brotha. I like the srt-4, but come on, if our si came turboed we would have a good excuse to bring down everything else. Hell, theres not even one neon badge on the srt 4 lol. Now kill me before i get dragged into another si vs all thread/argument:p

ecsahs3
04-20-2004, 06:35 PM
thats funny. i read their forum. i told my girl (who's not a car person at all) they were talking smack. she was like, "are you kidding me? neons?" hahaha. thought that was hilarious. i'm not flaming (nor is my girl), just thought it was funny. i was trying to play the sympathy role with her because i've been asking for a turbo for my bday present. :D

hopeful_si
04-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
You guys need to relize that dodge spent ALOT of money to make the srt4 fast and reliable. Very few parts are the same between the srt4 and the normal neon. The engine is from the turbo pt crusier. So it isn't just another neon.

I'm not saying civics aren't reliable, far from it. In fact I'm not saying anything against the civic in any way.

I'm just saying the srt4 is not a crappy econobox. And remember the offical name of Dodge. Diamler Crysler BENZ. So when you are saying dogde can't make good cars you are saying benz can't make good cars. :p

Mercedes Benz builds "nice" cars in terms of luxury, prestige, looks, etc. If you read up,however, you would find out that they have been getting worse lately. Take a look at the M-Class if you don't believe me. That car has been having problems ever since it was introduced in the late '90s. Mercedes has been having lots of problems lately. It also doesen't help that it is ridiculously expensive to fix them. Mercedes makes a "nice" car for sure but in terms of reliability they are actually not that great considering how much your paying for their supposed quality. In fact, Honda and Toyota consistently rank higher in reliabilty than Mercedes

take a look at some of these if you really care that much:
http://www.autooninfo.info/RelPerMerBenzCharts.htm
http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/motoring/magazine/carbuying/reliability2003.shtm
http://www.forbes.com/2003/12/02/cz_jf_1202flint.html

2pointslowEP3
04-20-2004, 06:57 PM
hmmm...i guess the SRT-4 is t3h ultimate street car eh. sike...suck my fucking dick! it's a $20k+ neon...and yes I drive a $15k civic, but i sure don't act like i'm the shit...neither should they. we're ricers just about the same as those kids are. funny people...i like!!

why do they even bother picking on si's? it's like comparing apples and oranges. let's see...let's put them in a class w/ cars of the same level...EVO and STI...hmm fuck it...even a regular WRX can compete with the all mighty srt-4.

psylovibe
04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
theres not even one neon badge on the srt 4 lol.

actually it says neon in the indoor panel.

CaTiRo
04-20-2004, 07:43 PM
i think the srt4 is a great buy, its in the same price range as a si, it has four doors a turbo and is really fast stock, not to mention it likes to be modded. but if you have ever sat in one, you can definately tell the build "quality" is not as good as the ep. dodge has never been know for building "reliable" cars. but for some reason these guys think there car is built better and is more reliable than a honda. sure we don't know how reliable the srt4 is going to be, but if you look around on the srtforum site you will see that owners are already having problems with them. i'm on the mustang forums too and many of those guys think that ford is better than honda too. almost everyone link "honda" with "rice". and its simply because there are "tons" of riced out honda's out there. at one time the em1 si was considered to be one of the top performance compact cars along with the integra type r. the r is still able to hold its own against many of the new sports compact. but honda has to do something to improve the si. hopefully the new honda si will be a better performer so as to bump the si back to the top of the list. i think the ep is great, but don't yall think that maybe honda should have did a little better, perhaps the computer could have been set more like hondata and the car could have come with better suspension and tires/rim choice. i guess we will have to wait and see if honda will play hardball with the rest of the market with the release of the next si.

Donegan
04-20-2004, 08:06 PM
They're idiots...

Ignore them.

vasi
04-20-2004, 08:32 PM
You can put a ram air hood on a piece of shit. guess what? it's still a piece of shit. And you can turbo a neon. guess what? yep it's still a neon.

Lucid Moments
04-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Diamler Crysler BENZ. So when you are saying dogde can't make good cars you are saying benz can't make good cars. :p

I won't say Benz can't make good cars, just that for the last several years they haven't been making good cars. Check the reliability ratings and you will see that Benz isn't what it used to be.

Stealth Wedgy
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Srt4s are incredibly fast, Dodge made a hell of a motor to go in them, and overall made the the Srt4 a great competetor.

I for one, dont mind alittle compition, just means honda will be forced to evolve inorder to continue with its market share.

And on a side note, recognize that Dodge, was forced by US (the consumer) to build the SRT4. Because thier sales where dropping due to Honda's success.

After Honda's low sales figures with the Si they will undoubtedly re-access the market and generate new products in order to compete. Meaning that they will once again try to get on top.

Be happy with the car you purchased (no matter what it is) and be happy that there is enough compition so that car companies keep giving us better products.

Just think how awsome gas prices would be if there where compition for supply?

ToingToing
04-20-2004, 10:34 PM
put it this way. those srt4's might be faster than our ep3's in stock form, but if we are talking about doing the right tuning in both srt4 and ep3, ep3 will be a better car and can be as fast as the srt4. if you dont know so, check out what can back up the ep3...you've got the k20a or k20a2 tuned by mugen, or spoon, or toda, or buddy club and all those real japanese tuners. slap it with some real recaros or brides, now which one is a better car?... i dont see any real american tuners that can back up the srt4... ?? or maybe spooned up srt4??. lmao. but foreal tho, those srt4 owners need to get their facts straight before they talk smack about our lil' si.

iR-VTEC2
04-20-2004, 11:00 PM
as a crazy glue honda fan, i personally LOVE the SRT-4. when i see one on the road im all Mmmmmmmmmmm numnums. CHOMP! but the other neons...no im just all...hmmmm...*adjusts mirror*

Ep3 No.2
04-20-2004, 11:12 PM
pretty funny how much pride they have for there srt4.
even more funny that we love our car just as much as they love thiers.

civicracer1128
04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
haha, funny how one of the guys actually gets mad cause theyre calling his neon a neon. "its not a civic, its an SI" if you wouldnt buy the DX equivalent of your car, you shouldnt be driving. id drive any civic any trim, 2 doors or 4. i love the car all over.

BlairSpeed
04-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
..... id drive any civic any trim, 2 doors or 4. i love the car all over.
Do you touch it all over too? :D :angel:

And on the topic: the build quality of American cars have always been inferior to Imports. Its just a fact of life. If honda built a car to compete with the SRT-4, I can guarantee it would be a better all-around car.

my $0.02

aerial
04-22-2004, 05:18 PM
ihate dodge but srt4 r sweet fast hp torque man u shoud know what ur talkin about srt4 got nothin from neon get more info haters

redronin22
04-22-2004, 08:57 PM
haha funny how they knock honda reliability. even with a turbo im sure a honda on modest boost and with proper tuning will outlast the Peon.

Tenacious G
04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
:rolleyes:

here we go again. it's a stupid comparison to begin with. Honda Tuning editors/writers are idiots for even thinking about the article. why dump $4K into a civic only to compare it to a stock SRT-4? it makes no sense. all they're doing is giving SRT-4 owners that much more of a chip on their shoulders by giving them flak for driving a "neon." give credit where credit is due. the SRT-4 is an inexpensive, fast car. the EP is not (in stock form). apples and oranges.

!@#$%
04-23-2004, 06:21 AM
I got the implication that most of those srt4 owners were teenagers. The way they think and express their thoughts is almost a give in. Faster isn't always better.

aerial
04-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
:rolleyes:

here we go again. it's a stupid comparison to begin with. Honda Tuning editors/writers are idiots for even thinking about the article. why dump $4K into a civic only to compare it to a stock SRT-4? it makes no sense. all they're doing is giving SRT-4 owners that much more of a chip on their shoulders by giving them flak for driving a "neon." give credit where credit is due. the SRT-4 is an inexpensive, fast car. the EP is not (in stock form). apples and oranges.
yea man u know what youre talking about. if everybody was like you to begin with. i used to own an ep and belive me i miss her,its a real nice car. and you are right you cannot compare both cars. the srt4 is definitly a fast car and its not a neon if they call it a neon. its got a completly diffrent suspension wheels engine, its totally diffrnet frim a neon. and i said i like hondas and i dont like dodge but this srt4 i like it it because its inexpensive and fast.

redronin22
04-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by aerial
yea man u know what youre talking about. if everybody was like you to begin with. i used to own an ep and belive me i miss her,its a real nice car. and you are right you cannot compare both cars. the srt4 is definitly a fast car and its not a neon if they call it a neon. its got a completly diffrent suspension wheels engine, its totally diffrnet frim a neon. and i said i like hondas and i dont like dodge but this srt4 i like it it because its inexpensive and fast.

Sure looks like a neon to me. Maybe my car isnt a civic its an SI. cus it has a different suspension then a regular civic and a totally differnt engine and seats and int?

its a turboed neon face it. dont be in denial. im not in denial that my car is slow, and you shouldnt be ashmaed of driving a turbo neon

anjapower
04-23-2004, 08:16 PM
i love how you guys think that tossing a turbo on the EP3 will make it greater than an SRT4. It won't. It is a faster stock and for $ invested, it will stay a faster car. As to which is a better car, there is no question, but speed wise, atleast straightline, the SRT4 ownz EP3 all day.

redronin22
04-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
i love how you guys think that tossing a turbo on the EP3 will make it greater than an SRT4. It won't. It is a faster stock and for $ invested, it will stay a faster car. As to which is a better car, there is no question, but speed wise, atleast straightline, the SRT4 ownz EP3 all day.

well i know that by "tossing on a rev hard turbo" you will kill a Neon turbo srt4. whats great about the Neon? um the rims? suspension? must be the looks? =-O
nada really. its a nice Neon with a turbo, fast yes best compact STOCK yes. But in the comparisons (mag racing) the SI's have shitty stock tires/rims, crappy ride height, pencil thin sway bars. I know for a fact that addressing these suspension problems changes the car night and day.

Add those things to a SI and the SI will probably out handle the Neon. Throw on a 3600.00 rev hard kit and all u will see is that Neon in your rear view mirror unless of course its the MOPAR Neon:angel:

Also when it comes to modding who cares who spent more??? its who wins the friggin race duh!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!.

Civicvtec1ps
04-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by redronin22

Add those things to a SI and the SI will probably out handle the Neon. Throw on a 3600.00 rev hard kit and all u will see is that Neon in your rear view mirror unless of course its the MOPAR Neon:angel:

Put $3600 on SRT4 then compare with our civics.
Car is soo much faster than ours cars.
SRT4 is faster than our cars in straight line, No doubt about it.
SRT4 is great buy.
Excellent autox car.

redronin22
04-24-2004, 12:25 AM
like i said who gives a crap about who has to spend +3600 to make it fast? a fast car is a fast car. This goes back to the crap back in the days: oh u beat me cus u have turbo and im all motor. Bull crap. whoever wins wins regardless if ur super charged turbo n20 or all motor.

yes you do have to mod a SI like crazy to make it keep up and kill a turbo neon, thats cus honda gave us a nice canvas but not much art on it

denmah
04-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I got the implication that most of those srt4 owners were teenagers. The way they think and express their thoughts is almost a give in. Faster isn't always better.

i agree, i also agree that both are excellent cars.
honestly and seriously guys, why cant we all just get along?
really...

denmah
04-24-2004, 11:28 AM
i posted there, ive had a membership there for quite a while.
i just hope some of the guys get a better undestading of where im coming from. and next time have a little more respect for our cars, as i do for theres.

denmah
04-24-2004, 11:46 AM
lol sidenote. look at my member # compared to the other guys

my UID ownz them! im 104 lol there all like 3200.

i just got a kick out of that,

aerial
04-24-2004, 04:10 PM
i love rice i eat it everyday:) :)

bao_pay
04-25-2004, 08:55 PM
I've always liked the SRT4. Only because of the fact its everything that a sport compact car should be. Its got a great engine platform to build off of and none of the extras that most people don't care about. Its basically a neon with beefed up performance. The truth is Dodge is trying hard to break into the sport compact scene and they are doing an awesome job. Honda is the one thats dropping the ball. Don't get me wrong. I love Hondas, but Honda sucks for not giving us a better platform in which to build off of. (like gimped vtec) The money they spent instead of giving us a better engine was on sport seats, a sportier steering wheel, sunroof, heated seats, cruise control... Dodge just went the other way. You can't hate on them for that. At least they are trying.

I'm not saying that the neon is the better car because you can't judge a car based on its straight line performance. Its a good package overall in anycase. For the money you're getting a deal because that stock block is good for 1000 horse power if you've got the money. If the SRT4 was made by Honda, I'd be cruising in one right now.

ecsahs3
04-25-2004, 10:37 PM
i remember surfsi street raced one and just barely eeked by. and surfsi has a CN kit with some other mods. from what i recall, the srt-4 was stock too.

ToingToing
04-25-2004, 10:49 PM
hey all, which one would you rather pick and drive:
a $36,000 mugen'd or spoon'd ep3
or a $36,000 i-dont-know-which-american-tuner tuned srt4?

;)

i pick the $36,000 si anyday coz i love my honda.

BunnyBunBun
04-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Come on, the SRT-4 didn't even have power window in the back! Their fact sheet says they do have power window, but what it didn't tell you that it is only in the front, manual in the back. I just thought it is kinda sad to spend 20g on a brand new car with manual window.......

FCobra94
04-28-2004, 10:51 AM
And remember the offical name of Dodge. Diamler Crysler BENZ. So when you are saying dogde can't make good cars you are saying benz can't make good cars. :p

Have you driven a new C-class car lately? IMO, Dodge didn't improve much at all...if anything, the cheaper MB cars became worse becasue of it :p (the merger, that is)

Plus, that's just one of MANY turbo kits out for the EP. Someone should troll that board to wise those fools up about a company by the name of Cybernation Motorsports. 280whp on 10psi what?

klik
04-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Just drop this Neon discussion and call it a day!

slc71
04-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Give the SRT-4 credit, it is a fast car.
But why do I still own my honda?
Well when a SRT-4 forum has a topic dedicated to the following

SRT-4 Problems/Dealer Service

That answered my question.

Read thru there sometime and look at the problems, the problems are not like "I grind every now and then in second gear".

VBSI
04-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Yep, that little Service Forum turned me right off, too. I have a hard time with this analysis:

Is it better to purchase a car with a better resale value, better interior, better reliability, fewer historical company problems....

or....

A car that may be faster out of the gate, but is ticking like a time bomb?

mdoyle
04-29-2004, 02:07 PM
And remember the offical name of Dodge. Diamler Crysler BENZ.
Just so that you, and anyone else who doesn't know, the Chrysler Crossfire, not the SRT-4, is the first car to use Mercedes-Benz technology since Chrysler bought out Daimler-Benz all those years ago.

aerial
04-29-2004, 02:42 PM
i had a honda ep n dont tell me u dont have probles is only a civic is noall what u think evry car got problems they r not perfect go to all makes n find out more do not focus only in the srt4 or is only cause they smoke civics n as u guys said is only aneon :) :) :) :)

CaTiRo
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
i had a honda ep n dont tell me u dont have probles is only a civic is noall what u think evry car got problems they r not perfect go to all makes n find out more do not focus only in the srt4 or is only cause they smoke civics n as u guys said is only aneon :) :) :) :)

???what??? sorry we speak english on this forum! :)

slc71
04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
The reason this thread was started was due to the SRT4 guys hammering on us. Not all of us honda guys hate the SRT4 guys.
yes every car has problems, but you have to admit that a honda is much, much, much more reliable than a dodge.
Just like I can admit your car would smoke my ep3 every day of the week even if I had mods.
Most guys who bought the SI did not buy it for setting some f*cking land speed record or doing the 1/4 in under 10 sec.
They are fun to drive.

Also the whole srt4 is not a neon thing is getting old, my car is a civic and I am proud of it.

SI = Civic
SRT-4 = Neon (look on your sticker on the door)
STI and WRX = both Impreza
EVO = Lancer
SVT = Focus

I mean come on, be proud of where your car came from. The 2nd fastest vehicle that dodge makes is a NEON, I would be proud as hell!

last but not least IT IS ONLY A NEON. :p :D

skooba
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by slc71

SI = Civic
SRT-4 = Neon (look on your sticker on the door)
STI and WRX = both Impreza
EVO = Lancer
SVT = Focus

those are true, except for one, at least I think so....

Isn't the lancer just a dumbed down version of the EVO? All the other cars, the SI is the top of the line released after the civic, srt-4 same case. But wasn't the EVO orginially designed as it was and the lancer was released as a econobox?

I could be wrong, but just wondering.

mdoyle
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
The Lancer is originally the Lancer. It began in the late 80's under the Chrysler name, as the Lancer. Discontinued in the early 90's. When Chrysler bought stock in Mitsubishi the Lancer was re-born, only a rally inspired car. So, yes and no.

tjtripp
04-29-2004, 11:01 PM
The SRT-4 is an attempt by an american company to capture some of the sport compact market. If you look at the facts it's not that impressive. It's a 2.4 L turbo only pushing 230 hp. Hell we can get that out of a naturally aspirated 2L. Look at the s2000. Look at the K20A (220 NA horses). It's obviously a dumb way of producing power. Companies like Honda are the leaders in small displacement performance with reliability. I'm not saying that the SRT-4 isn't a fast or reliable car (time will tell about the reliability) but who cares what it's pushing. I've never been into sport compacts until I got my Si (always loved bimmers, and german engineering in general), but I've always respected what honda can do with less. Look back a couple of generations. The old school muscle guys are amazed at the power that's being produced with 2 liters or less.

I don't really compare SRTs to Sis. To me, we are being true to the tradition. Personally I'm not a racer and don't nit pick 1/4 mile times and such. I know that most people don't exactly share my view but that's just me. Every car culture has it's niches. American cars are awesome in my book, but when they stay true to the tradition which is bigger is better. German cars are well rounded, performance and bling with well engineering motors. I'm still amazed at the gas mileage my Si gets compared to my 330i. My 330i get's slightly better mileage than my Si while being 50% bigger (3.0L)and producing 65 more ponies???? That's why those motors are so expensive.

Although I think the SRT-4 is a cool car for the money, I still look at it like a bastard child. IMO american perfomance cars should only have V8s. Now give us 5.7 liters and let's see what we could do :D . But hey, we're not posers right????

slc71
04-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by tjtripp
I don't really compare SRTs to Sis. To me, we are being true to the tradition.

You said it. The sport compact/tuner tradition (in my opinion) was to take a 4cyl car that puts out 90-120hp and turn it into something that could stand up against a V8.
It is all about personal expression. If the purpose was "PAID factory horsepower" that could do the 1/4 in 12 sec it would not be a SRT-4.
It would be something with a american V8 that just has a huge amount of horsepower for no reason, like my 80 Chevy Camaro!

ToingToing
05-01-2004, 03:09 AM
in the real world of sport compact tuning, the main point of it is to make a slower car beat the faster car. let alone the name "honda tuning" . now why did the state "driving a crappy neon = priceless?" because in the eyes of honda enthusiasts, why spend $21k on a neon when you can mod a lil civic to spank it for the same price range? no sense at all to compare a lil stock si to a stock srt4. but to compare a $21k si to a $21k srt4 is another story. and it really make sense, again, i will say we are in the world of sport compact tuning. now, thats why they said its priceless to drive a $21k crappy neon coz its still in stock form, and a $21k si aint crappy no more coz they did a lil bit of work on it and it spankin the neon. ask any honda enthusiasts or any body in the real world of sport compact tuning and they'll tell you the same. and that is because we are in the world of sport compact tuning.

tuning the honda si is like infinite. tuning the srt4, well, you'll be stop some time soon because tuning it is real easy, just upgrade the turbo and maybe internals a lil and you are done. however, you can go way farther more on tuning the lil si. there's this k20a/k20a2 swap, frankenstein, turbo, internals, and a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that. and oh, how would you like your si to be mugen'd or spoon'd, and those other real jdm shits? theres a lot of tricks you can do on the si to outperform every other upper class cars. and yes, thats what the real world of sport compact tuning is all about and thats wat where a true car enthusiast live.

ok, blah blah blah, im done.

ToingToing
05-01-2004, 03:09 AM
in the real world of sport compact tuning, the main point of it is to make a slower car beat the faster car. let alone the name "honda tuning" . now why did the state "driving a crappy neon = priceless?" because in the eyes of honda enthusiasts, why spend $21k on a neon when you can mod a lil civic to spank it for the same price range? no sense at all to compare a lil stock si to a stock srt4. but to compare a $21k si to a $21k srt4 is another story. and it really make sense, again, i will say we are in the world of sport compact tuning. now, thats why they said its priceless to drive a $21k crappy neon coz its still in stock form, and a $21k si aint crappy no more coz they did a lil bit of work on it and it spankin the neon. ask any honda enthusiasts or any body in the real world of sport compact tuning and they'll tell you the same. and that is because we are in the world of sport compact tuning.

tuning the honda si is like infinite. tuning the srt4, well, you'll be stop some time soon because tuning it is real easy, just upgrade the turbo and maybe internals a lil and you are done. however, you can go way farther more on tuning the lil si. there's this k20a/k20a2 swap, frankenstein, turbo, internals, and a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that. and oh, how would you like your si to be mugen'd or spoon'd, and those other real jdm shits? theres a lot of tricks you can do on the si to outperform every other upper class cars. and yes, thats what the real world of sport compact tuning is all about and thats wat where a true car enthusiast live.

ok, blah blah blah, im done.

AzN Si GuY
05-01-2004, 11:58 AM
I said it before, the srt-4 aint nothin but a neon with a small turbo. Without that turbo, it's just a POS american economy car. And why are they calling us ricers? If we're ricers, what does that make them? They are just the american car company trying to jump on the tuner bandwagon. Tryin to rake in some money from this market. Stupid posers. :cool:

ToingToing
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
haha.. if we are ricers.. they are worse.. they are BURNT FRIED RICERS.. lol.. aite.. jus drop this shit now..

aerial
05-01-2004, 02:36 PM
but srt4 neon eat rice favorite food jaja

Jaws Of Death
05-01-2004, 03:29 PM
but srt4 neon eat rice favorite food jaja
+1 to my ignore list

Originally posted by tjtripp
TIt's a 2.4 L turbo only pushing 230 hp. Hell we can get that out of a naturally aspirated 2L. Look at the s2000. Look at the K20A (220 NA horses). It's obviously a dumb way of producing power.
To me the impressive numbers from the SRT-4 are the wheel torque numbers. People are seeing stock dyno numbers in the 240 wheel torque range. Driving around in city traffic, large ammounts of torque makes the experience more enjoyable (to me). That's just my opinion on this matter. But this issue is getting old. If your major complaint with the SRT-4 is its lack of refinement and niceties, you obviously missed the whole point of this car. Likewise, if your biggest problem with the EP is its lack of drag strip prowess, you missed the whole point of the car. <shrugs> Oh well, I'll get off of my soapbox now.:angel: