PDA

View Full Version : camber question

pHatSI07
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
how do you know how much to adjust your camber?

K20A3Si
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
ok..kind of a vague question...for track use?...or for everyday driving?...are you dropped?..do you have camber adjs....? i usually run -1 in front and -0.5 in rear..thats for everyday driving though..if you go to a course the more negative camber is usually better..but not for everyday driving.

andy
04-20-2004, 02:36 PM
You can buy camber gauges/measuring tools (not sure what the proper
term is) at auto parts stores or online. They are basically a digital
level, giving you a digital readout of how much of an angle your wheels are at.

For example, if you're wheels look like this:
/ \

You're probably close to -45 degrees of camber and not in a good position. ;)
If you don't have a camber gauge, either measuring from the top and bottom of the wheel to a straight line a few inches away from the tire (and then doing the math) or a simple level will get you close enough. You can also eyeball it.

K20A3Si
04-20-2004, 02:42 PM
andy is right..you could buy one of those digital machines....but if you want to make it easy on yourself, you can just take it to a honda dealer and they will take car of it for you for a fee...but it shouldnt be that much.

darkvibe
04-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Most places charge around $25 per wheel for an alignment. I suggest taking it to a shop.

Peking
04-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by darkvibe
Most places charge around $25 per wheel for an alignment. I suggest taking it to a shop.

Agreed, I got a great guy right down the street :D

pHatSI07
04-21-2004, 12:12 PM
ok thanx, i check out some prices. But if i wanted to do it myself, is there anyother way to do it without that digital thing? can i rent it? I have h&r springs which has a 2 in drop

EnJaNir
04-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Just pay the 60 bucks man :) for the alignment. Take it to the Firestone on S. Alpine just past newburg. They go good work there.

just give me a call if you dont know which one im talking about