PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Supercharger

Pir8pete
07-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I just email vortech and ask them if there plaining on making a supercharger for the k20, and if so when will it be out etc...

I'll update this thread when i get the reply.

I think vortech is the best supercharger system out there!

xlr8
07-07-2002, 07:23 AM
hell yeah a vortech is what i want. i think ill wait until after my first oil change though.

rocket_civic
07-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Sorry XLR8 I have first dibs one the first WI vortech i already called it!!! :p

SmoothOperator
07-08-2002, 07:37 PM
I don't have any experience with superchargers. So I'm curious to know...what makes Vortech Superchargers better than Jackson Racing?? Or is it just a preference thing?

K20NutBucket
07-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Jackson Racing emailed me back and said they have something on the way but wasnt sure when. He said to keep a look out on the web. I emailed vortech too but nothing yet from them.

xlr8
07-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I don't have any experience with superchargers. So I'm curious to know...what makes Vortech Superchargers better than Jackson Racing?? Or is it just a preference thing?
vortech is a centrifical(sure thats spelled wrong) supercharger and jackson racing is a possitive displacement. a centrifical makes more power, close to the power of a turbo kit

DynaSpeed
07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
But Centrifugals don't spool up as fast. And depending on your make of car and other upgrades to it will effect power, so just saying that it makes more power is a loaded statement.

Technically - a JRSC is an Eaton Roots Charger. Which is slightly different than a Positive Displacement Charger. Which is made by brands like Autorotor.

Without getting too deep on which is better and why I think why, I will let you decide for yourself by giving the links to both highly detailed charger info on the two up-coming major players for the EP3.

Jackson Racing Supercharger FAQ (http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/supercharger.html)

Vortech Superchargers (http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/)

xlr8
07-09-2002, 06:31 PM
i thought both eaton and roots type blowers were both considered positive desplacement, since they sit in place of the intake manifold. i think that if you are looking for extra power, and long life. the jackson racing is perfect. for a racer who wants something that spools faster then a turbo, but makes simaliar power the vortech is the way to go. its all what you want to do. i want a vortech

DynaSpeed
07-11-2002, 06:49 AM
I want a Greddy turbo.

1fastminivan
07-11-2002, 11:16 PM
Im with Dynaspeed.
I want a greddy turbo kit also.

CleanBlackSi02
07-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by K20NutBucket
Jackson Racing emailed me back and said they have something on the way but wasnt sure when. He said to keep a look out on the web. I emailed vortech too but nothing yet from them.

Jackson Racing told me 9-12 months...