PDA

View Full Version : RevHard Turbo sponsorship offer?

Suk02Si
10-12-2002, 09:48 PM
So I was at my local tuner shop and the guy I was talking to saw me racing the night before. He said that RevHard was designing a turbo for our cars. He said that he could hook me up with a partial sponsorship and get RevHard to install the turbo setup in my car. They claim over 300whp easy. They already hooked up some guy with a Type S and he's pulling 286whp with no internal mods. Over 300 seems pretty out there, and I'm kinda skeptical about tjis whole partial sponsorship thing. I only have about 1100 miles on my car; I don't really want to boost my motor this soon.

sorry for the long post:rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
10-12-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
So I was at my local tuner shop and the guy I was talking to saw me racing the night before. He said that RevHard was designing a turbo for our cars. He said that he could hook me up with a partial sponsorship and get RevHard to install the turbo setup in my car. They claim over 300whp easy. They already hooked up some guy with a Type S and he's pulling 286whp with no internal mods. Over 300 seems pretty out there, and I'm kinda skeptical about tjis whole partial sponsorship thing. I only have about 1100 miles on my car; I don't really want to boost my motor this soon.

sorry for the long post:rolleyes:
300whp stock internals? must run so damn rich you get like 5 miles per gallon, or it's BS. I'm going toward BS, you'll blow your motor

Suk02Si
10-13-2002, 12:20 AM
yeah I know, that's why I declined. The guy kept pushing it on me; I guess they're desperate?

Fizz Autosports
10-13-2002, 12:27 AM
steer clear id say. a partial sponser ship on a turbo in development can work but then again youll have not much security and since you are not buying this turbo as a consumer you dont have consumer rights if the turbo runs into problems.

Just my thoughts though.

Incognito
10-13-2002, 09:40 AM
If U don't want to do it, I will. Send his info this way. I'd be interested. the thing is, I'm in NJ.

300hp is realistic. I've seen previous generation B16 powered Si's making 300hp, running 12.5's in street trim, reliably.

Suk02Si
10-13-2002, 09:45 PM
I want to boost my car, but not this soon. I only have 1100 miles on it. If they use my car as a guinea pig, who knows what'll happen.

FiZZ-EP3
10-13-2002, 09:52 PM
yeah, i wouldn't risk it. just remember, once you put that turbo on, your warranty is void, so in case anything happens, you're really screwed. personally, i'd wait and let them FULLY test it out 1st, cause something ALWAYS goes wrong on a testers car time after time until it's perfected, and you really don't wanna go through that headache. just my opinion, but i'm trying to help you out for the better. the partial sponsorship might sound good, but think of the possibilities of what can happen.

Suk02Si
10-13-2002, 10:15 PM
yeah, I hear ya fizz. I'd be cool if it was already tested and they were still going to sponsor me.:D

exospeedAMcrx
10-14-2002, 12:39 AM
I wouldnt do it.
the RSX turbo kit isnt even fully bug free. Until it can boost and daily drive like the Integra's with no MAP sensor/ECU problems, then I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig.

Its possible that the 2003 rsx, civ si might need an additional ECU controller/piggy back like the AEM or the Greddy unit.

Just wait and see. dont rush on it.
its not worth it.

02blksi
10-14-2002, 11:36 AM
"300whp stock internals?"

yes my b18b1 (b series less displacment weaker internals) made 336 whp and 263 ftlbs running 15 psi on a t3/t4 turbo setup STOCK INTERNALS!! stock head, valvetrain, headgasket, pistons, rods, etc etc etc.

Kseries is better for boost same compression ratio, more disp, beefier parts --IMO 300 whp not a problem! -- provided the fuel issue is resolved, --joe :)

Ritteri
10-14-2002, 01:36 PM
yeah, i wouldn't risk it. just remember, once you put that turbo on, your warranty is void Actually thats not true at all. No manufacturer can void a warrenty by law in the USA because of modifications done to your car. The only way they can void your warrenty by law is if they CAN PROVE that the modification done to your car was the reason for failure. Key word here is PROVE. You can put anything you want on your car and still retain your warrenty. If something does happen to blow, they need hardcore proof that the component you put on the vehicle was the reason for failure. Not an easy thing to do.

exospeedAMcrx
10-14-2002, 02:10 PM
well in this case, the RSX is having trouble with fuel management because of the ECU. it would be easy to comclude that when it leans out and blows the motor, I'm sure the dealer can find a reason that the turbo made the motor blow up.
in the end. whose word is it anyways. the odds are still to their favor even though we have rights as the consumer.

in this case, it would be an easy thing to prove a turbo can blow up the motor. in my opinion.

ortedd
10-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Plus any drive train failure can be summed up with "it wasn't designed to handle the extra horsepower" . . .

Ritteri
10-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Thats why you take off the turbo or any other bolt-on mods and bring it in to the dealership in facotry spec conditions after you blow the engine. DOnt give em something to gripe about.

Incognito
10-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I'd still be willing to be the guinea pig on a turbo kit.
I have some knowledge on how turbos work on Hondas (I own an 11.4 turbo LS/VTEC Civic hatch also). This was on a stock GSR ECU. Someone said that RSX/Si has fuel problems within the ECU. Unless they are totally different from the way older GSR ECU's work, I doubt it'd be too hard to get the turbo new Si to run fine with a good FPR and missing link.

Honda would have to prove that the turbo setup destroyed the motor for them to deny warranty, but that's probably not too hard for them to do. I'm actually not too worried about that.

exospeedAMcrx
10-14-2002, 11:59 PM
ya im sure we'll figure it all out someday. but they newer ECU's dont work the same as the older GSR ECU's.

well according to a personal friend of mine who actually designed the RSX kit for RH, he says they are still figuring out how to deal with the ECU thing. it works fine at regular driving, but at hard boost, it starts to act up.