PDA

View Full Version : Pedals

darkvibe
04-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't see any threads on here for pedals besides the mugen thread, and i'm not paying that much. I want some new pedals that have better grip and will fit the ep without having to redneck engineer anything. Anyone have any sugestions?

I was looking at the sparco carbon and sparco smart pedal sets on tornactive.com. Anyone know if the brake and clutch pedals on the carbon set are grippy?

Also where can I get something to replace the rubber dead pedal?

AzN Si GuY
04-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by darkvibe
I don't see any threads on here for pedals besides the mugen thread, and i'm not paying that much. I want some new pedals that have better grip and will fit the ep without having to redneck engineer anything. Anyone have any sugestions?

I was looking at the sparco carbon and sparco smart pedal sets on tornactive.com. Anyone know if the brake and clutch pedals on the carbon set are grippy?

Also where can I get something to replace the rubber dead pedal?

Try ebay, I was looking there for some pedals after I read your post. Some pretty good finds. I don't think I'd ever pay over $35 for some pedals.

civic hatch boi
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
sparco grip pedals. they are NICE

goy091
04-22-2004, 10:49 PM
i just bought these off a member

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/14047DSC00522.JPG

Sparco Reflex Carlos Sainz edition. the grips look the exact same but with little rubber black dots in the holes and w/o the sig on the brake pedal.

civic hatch boi
04-22-2004, 11:07 PM
yea i was goign to buy those off team era, but they didn't have the grips, so i said forget it.

team ERA 5
04-22-2004, 11:38 PM
how much did my fellow friend sell em too you for? damn those were in his room for the longest time haha!!! he actually sold em i cant believe it!

goy091
04-22-2004, 11:45 PM
haha yea the pedals were about $40 shipped which was a pretty good deal. theyre sorta limited edition i think. most sites only have the regular reflex set. the only places i found the CS version was on European sites. i dont know why he doesnt like them? i think the set is very clean looking, sure itd be nice to get the grips w/them but i think you can actually buy the grip pieces seperately if you want to. of i could always just stick some skateboard tape on the top of them

skooba
04-23-2004, 08:02 AM
celica gt-s pedals.

fsugatorbait
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by skooba
celica gt-s pedals.

Very nice looking pedals, but is there anytype of modification to get them to fit, or do they just screw right on?

fsugatorbait
04-23-2004, 12:33 PM
celica gt-s pedals.

Very nice looking pedals, but is there any type of modification to get them to fit, or do they just screw right on?

fsugatorbait
celica gt-s pedals.

Very nice looking pedals, but is there any type of modification to get them to fit, or do they just screw right on?

fsugatorbait
celica gt-s pedals.

fsugatorbait
celica gt-s pedals.

oogy-boogy
04-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

Holy Post Whore Batman :eek: :eek:

oogy-boogy
04-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Holy Post Whore Batman :eek: :eek:

fsugatorbait
04-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy

I HATE EPHATCH SERVER ERRORS. :yellm:

fsugatorbait
04-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I HATE EPHATCH SERVER ERRORS. :yellm:

+1 :*

oogy-boogy
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
+1 :*

:D

andy
04-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I have the carbon fiber (OK, I am a closet ricer ;) ) Sparco pedals.
I can take some pics if you want.

They aren't grippy with just the pedals installed, but mine came with
little pieces of grip tape (think skateboards) that I stuck on there
and barefoot or with shoes, there's plenty of grip. Feels so much better
than the stockers, too (I like driving w/o shoes...hey, I do live in
FL).

siver-SI
04-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I would like to get a better set on my car. The stock ones suck. I love the Mugen ones but just a lot of $.

BarracksSi
04-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Speaking of skateboard grip tape, how about making a couple pieces to fit right onto the stock brake & clutch pedals?

With careful measuring, I'm sure you could make a couple that would fit just right and wouldn't look like ass. The Mugen pedals aren't flashy, but people really like them for how well they work by having grippy brake & clutch pedals and a smooth accelerator. You could follow that same principle just by adding grip tape. It's something I'm even considering doing.

siver-SI
04-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Just wondering does anyone make a good knock off of the Mugen pedels like they do with the wings? I just want a pedle that I can grip better with, but not spend a ton of cash.

johnnydanger
04-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
sparco grip pedals. they are NICE

thas wut i have... good pedals :D

SiR_Honda
05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
I know this mark is not the best one but I really like my obx type-r pedals in red (I like it for the grip and the width but I should remove the type-r well I think it is gone now with the time :D )
http://www.obxracingsports.com/images/int_access/pedal_floor_plates/615mt_type_r_cover.jpg

phantasia
05-03-2004, 07:47 PM
ive got the razo carbon fiber pedals, they look great, work great, easy to install and dont cost too much.

if only everything in life was that simple...

specialblend154
05-10-2004, 06:59 PM
i have the Levoc Pedals, i got them from Honda, pretty pimp and work great

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 09:18 AM
what happend to the question about the gts pedal ?
cause im intreested in them as well.

dizkrazieviet
05-12-2004, 04:48 PM
anyone knows where i can get some celica pedals??? i got some type r's 4 piece...but the foot rest is too small...i seen sum celica pedals in da ep b4 but i can't find the site of the car that did it...but anywho...holla bak

phatfreeza
05-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
what happend to the question about the gts pedal ?
cause im intreested in them as well.

i don't have these but i remember a member(beansbear, i think) had them on his car and said they were a b*tch to install... just to let you guys know...

sidriverep3
05-13-2004, 12:59 PM
i kinda wanted some good feeling and looking pedals that u have to drill or screw in...i have some regular clip on ones that were cheap from like auto zone or something...but i want something more solid that screws in...anything anyone? id be willing to just take a drill and drill small holes and screw the pedal pads on.

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 01:03 PM
u drill in sparco pedals.

Civicvtec1ps
05-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Sparco. Momo.

Stupendous Man
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Hands downi think the Sparco Grips are the best for the money. I've had em on my far for a while now and they've been great.

dizkrazieviet
05-13-2004, 01:34 PM
i got some pedalz that you drill in...it said type r on it but i used acitone to take it off...brand new...never been installed...4 pieces...

siver-SI
05-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Stupendous Man
Hands downi think the Sparco Grips are the best for the money. I've had em on my far for a while now and they've been great.

Just wondering were is the best place to get them?

Also does anyone make a dead pedle that fits are car perfect?

sidriverep3
05-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by dizkrazieviet
i got some pedalz that you drill in...it said type r on it but i used acitone to take it off...brand new...never been installed...4 pieces...

willing to seel maybe? i want sparco's more but put up some pics and ill think about it

klik
05-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Mugen sent me the wrong one!

http://www.jondaryanwoolshed.com/06_image_gallery_jondy/image/553_horseshoe.jpg

it works great though, it grips alright!:D

klik
05-13-2004, 11:35 PM
f

dofu
05-14-2004, 01:54 AM
can you still heel toe with grips on the pedals??? i'd think the grips jus makes it that much harder to pivot your foot on the brake and slide your heel on the gas...

Ep3 No.2
05-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by dofu
can you still heel toe with grips on the pedals??? i'd think the grips jus makes it that much harder to pivot your foot on the brake and slide your heel on the gas...

if you dont mind me asking what excactly do u need to do heel toe in our car for ?

klik
05-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
if you dont mind me asking what excactly do u need to do heel toe in our car for ?

Like when u enter a turn, and u want the car to make it, u balance the brake and the gas, and during downshifting in turns.
correct me if im wrong!

BarracksSi
05-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Heel & toe = manipulate throttle while braking.

Why not just brake with the left foot & keep the right foot on the throttle? Well, you're not going to be able to push the clutch pedal far enough if you do that.

Brake before a turn, and while keeping on the brake, push the clutch in, tap the throttle with your heel, downshift, let the clutch out, and THEN let off of the brake.

Done properly, it makes use of the time spent braking, and it puts the engine in the right gear -- and therefore the right rpm range -- to go through the corner.