PDA

View Full Version : shoulder pads

sai_iii
04-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone uses shoulder pads. I always thought it was kinda ricey without an actual racing harness. However I have been noticing the chafing that the seat belt has caused on the side of the passenger seat(I don't usally wear my seat belt for this reason!;) ). Does anyone know if shoulder pads will solve this dilema?

i-vtec04si
04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
they will solve this prob yes but its still ricey... no doubt

darkvibe
04-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Who cares what other people thing. If it keeps your seat looking nice i say go for it. You won't regret it when it comes time to sell the car and theres a hole in the seat.

k20hatch
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
I have corbeau ones on my harness's...does that count?

Peking
04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by darkvibe
Who cares what other people thing. If it keeps your seat looking nice i say go for it. You won't regret it when it comes time to sell the car and theres a hole in the seat.

Damn right, Powered by Civic Yo! :yellm:

Haha, love um just cause they keep the seat beat off my neck :)

Speedworks
04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
that was the first"mod" i made:confused: so yeah then it was off from there but people definatley took notice even though it was way too much rice for me to handle

BlasTech
04-24-2004, 01:58 PM
I've had plain black seatbelt pads since my second autocross... ricey or not, I wouldn't ever want to be without em.

They really do help keep you comfy if you do alot of hard turning and braking, but they keep the belts from retracting all the way, so the passenger belt sometimes gets left prone to flop and knock around... I just buckle it empty.

k20whiteboi269
04-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
I've had plain black seatbelt pads since my second autocross... ricey or not, I wouldn't ever want to be without em.

They really do help keep you comfy if you do alot of hard turning and braking, but they keep the belts from retracting all the way, so the passenger belt sometimes gets left prone to flop and knock around... I just buckle it empty.

yea its so annoying to be driving with the windows down and have to hear a constant "thud" sound from the belt buckle hitting the door. i buckle it as well.

phantasia
05-03-2004, 07:58 PM
depends what u get, if its rice or not. dont go out and buy some "POWERED BY MUGEN","NOS", "MOPAR" or some shit you dont have on your car. for gods sake also skip the "APC", that shit is ghetto. go with some nice basic black ones, and youll be happy. they feel nice, and wont wear into your seat.

B4U
05-06-2004, 08:51 PM
I've Got "Powered By Honda" on all 5 seat belts I get people(Girls) in the rod and there like "wow this is so suped up" I don't tell them its not(yet any ways) its great excuse for making every one where there belts LOL

scrunkness
05-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I gotem looks good and I am with B4U it definitly pick up girls thinking it is a lot more suped up then what it really is. feels a lot better on the neck. :D

k20hatch
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Haha i put some advanced auto "Racing" ones in my rain ride...haha i love it. I also have some lighted dice...Ya i kno im a pimp!

Mwing
05-13-2004, 02:13 AM
I have it and I wouldn't if not the wear on the seat. I shopped around many stores the only one i could accept is a black with a 7th generation "CIVIC" letters on and I am using it now.

oldschoolimport
05-13-2004, 03:20 AM
I got some bright red MOMO ones that I used on my neices car seat. would never use them on my street car. maybe in the drag crx.;)

kidXStreme
05-15-2004, 11:42 PM
where can i find some black ones that say powered by mugen....i tried searching but just find them in white...or even just plain black

Satin 2k2 Si
06-11-2004, 06:59 PM
I got black and red Powered by Honda in my car. The pad itself is black and the insignia is red with black letters. I got them on front and back seats. I know a lot of people think it corny to have seatbelt pads, but it realy compliments the stock interior and very comfortable while driving. Going to need them with the new seatbelt law. Got caught in New York, $90 ticket. Anyways what you like and what other like may be different but it is your car, Do what you what to do.