PDA

View Full Version : fender bumper headlight bender

ravenings
04-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi all,
I just wana share that I had a minor fender bender last month that involved the front right side of the car. I guess I need new front fenders and a front bumper and a front right headlight. So if ya'll got these parts for sale, let's hook it up. Anyway, the story goes like this,

There was this guy who parked on the right lane of a two-lane freeway-interchange. There was no shoulder. The two lanes turns roughly 100-degree to the right transitioning from one freeway to the other. His car was a 1987 Corolla and I guess his car broke down on the freeway. He had his hazard lights on, but since he was parked immediately pass the apex of the turn, he was for all intents and purposes, invisible to oncoming traffic. There were those portable walls on the right hand side of the right lane. His friend/co-worker was standing on the wall and waving to oncoming traffic, I guess he was trying to signal to the oncoming cars to slow down. When I first saw him waving, I thought he was waving to his friend whom he has been waiting for to pick him up or something like that. I was going about 70mph and when I saw his parked car in front of me on my lane, I immediately looked for room to change in to the left lane but there was this Lexus LS 430 right next to me and staying next to me as I slow down, so for what it seemed to be 3 seconds, I had to make a choice, to either hit the Corolla in front of me or to side the Lexus to my left. And I painfully, albeit deterministically and successfully, rammed in to the rear end of the Corolloa in front of me. I figured that if I side the Lexus, the mature and distinguished male (I'm guessing) driver may over-react and spin-out as I also may spin out with him and both get crushed by the possible 18-wheelers that frequent this freeway-interchange as this happened during the 9 AM morning rush hour. So for the sake of all of our safety and well-being, I decided to rear end the car in front of me, knowing that it would get blamed 100% at fault. As the saying goes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. To my surprise though, the driver of the Corolla was sitting in his parked car on the freeway lane. I can only assume that he was frantically trying to start the car up or doing whatever he could to get the car moving again so that he can get out of harms way. But who knows what he was really doing sitting in his parked car on the freeway. Anyways, this guy didn't have a valid driver license as his license has expired more than 6 months ago; and he didn't have insurance either and he didn't speak or understood English very well either.

The moral of this story? follow the speed limit and get uninsured motorist insurance.

Thanks!

in His love,
HS

IIx 03 EP xII
04-21-2004, 07:29 AM
hey, ive got a set of stock headlights if you want them. the front right has a minor mark on them due to my own accident, but you will probably never notice it if you didnt know it was there. everybody i told there was a mark there, they said 'no there isnt, you are paranoid'.... well ill sell them to you if you want. just pm me w/ a price or something... they go for abut 350 brand new i think... just to let you know.

ravenings
04-21-2004, 09:38 AM
I have a pair of JDM headlights for sale or trade also.