PDA

View Full Version : New ep owner

BMS
04-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Sup guys, I just got my 02 silver ep from my dad, he used the car to go back and forth to work, which is about 30 miles each way, the car has 90k on it... lol i know that's crazy for a 02, but maybe you guys could guide me in the right direction, and tell me what i should do first to as for tuning the car back like it was new, spark plugs, timining belt, water pump... ect, thanks.

HondCivc91
04-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah all that you're saying will be going soon. If you ever want to find an approximation on how much parts are going to be when things start going, click the link below - it'll give you an idea of what a Honda part would cost. It's helped me out a couple time and I've been able to go to the shop knowledgable enough to give them an attitude and printed proof so I'm not ripped.

Honda Automotive Parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp?inputstate=4&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=)

You couldn't have gotten luckier with an EP as your first car - welcome to the family :D

BMS
04-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Aight man, thanks alot.

andy
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
90K. That's funny. ;)

Congrats on the car. If you still have the owners manual, take a look
at that. It should have the scheduled maintenance for 60K, 80K, whatever
it is. You're probably right, though, plugs and belts need to be
looked at and/or changed. Wouldn't hurt to do all the fluids (tranny,
clutch, brakes, coolant/antifreeze) as well.

If you don't have the manual, I *think* this can be found on Honda's
website. If not, someone could probably scan it off their manual for
you, or a trip to the dealer would net you the same info.

ragebomb
04-26-2004, 02:44 PM
90k, wow i haven't met people that have that many miles on their eps. :) but dude what a great hand me down! my first car was a '79 datsun 810 station wagon, with the faux wood panels on the side!

oogy-boogy
04-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Holy 90,000....Wow. :cool:

Either way, that's one hell of a hand me down. That poor baby must be in desperate need of a wash, wax and shampoo....:D