PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Wheel seized?

02SiHB
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
So to make a long story short, some arrogant frat kid thinks I let the air out of his mustang tires because he owes me money and didn't pay up... So in broad daylight he lets the air out of my front left tire.. I go to put the spare on... Get all the lugnuts off and the wheel will NOT COME OFF... Me and a guy who was a solid 250 pounds tried to get it off with no success.. He's a mitsu tech and said I might have to take it to the dealership and they might have to get it... But I told him I would resort to the people I trust on here first... So, did I overlook something in the manual that I have now lost or should I head to the dealership? Any info apprectiated. :cool:

spider883
04-20-2004, 10:18 PM
try spraying some PB on the hub and let it soke in for a bit then try again..same thing happened to a friend of mines teg and thats what we did.. the wheel was semi rusted on there some how.. good luck

Stealth Wedgy
04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
old trick that if done correctly can save you in a pinch.

1)put your lug nuts back on loosely, leave bout a half inch of thread before snugg

2) slowly lower your car onto that rim

3) you will hear the rim pop free of the rust thats hold it to the hub.

4) jack it back up and take off the rim

If you dont feel comfortable doing this, dont. However, put it in the back of your mind if you are ever in a tight situation and run into the same problem.

Type X
04-20-2004, 10:29 PM
kick the TOP of the rim so that the bottom of the rim will come out at you

works every time :)

also DONT DO THAT WITH AN OEM HONDA JACK :):D

02SiHB
04-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Damn I love this board, I posted this on a few others and all I got was "Stupid noob" and shit... Thanks guys.

amctmg
04-20-2004, 10:37 PM
In this situation I would put a lug nut back on halfway and take a rubber mallet to the inside of the rim. If you don't have a mallet the you can try kicking it.

dchu
04-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Type X

I recommend this method...has yet to fail me!

NemesisITR
04-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Type X

That worked on 1fastminivans when we were working on his suspension.

02SiHB
04-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Can I do any damage kicking the shit out of it? :D

ranivus
04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
if you feel uncomfortable kicking it, use a rubber mallet. it works wonders for me when i gotta whack the breakrotor away from the car so i can get into the suspension.

ApexinSi
04-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB
Can I do any damage kicking the shit out of it? :D

to your foot if u dont wear shoes.. i got a BIG ASS rubber mallet that i use to wack my wheels when they are stuck on the hub.. just remember to hit the top of the wheel, not the bottom(may cause brain damage)

priest6479
04-21-2004, 07:02 PM
remove the hidden 5th lug nut dude! I missed it the first time I took off my rims!

J/k
like they said, just stand up tall, and kick the top of the tire in, trust me your not gonn hurt the tire.