PDA

View Full Version : emblem jacking

Jaypee
04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this, but here it goes. I was thinking of getting red "H" emblem for mine, but I hear people still jack it now and then. Has anyone here with it had an incident?

STP03BlueSI
04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
I know alot of friends of mine that have older SI's have had their emblems taking. I don't here alot about it on this site.

Chris

Btrthnezr3
04-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah...on my EJ (99 4 Door Civic), I got my back Red "H" jacked right after I got it. I was pissed!!! It was at a car show too, bastards. Anyways, I just ended up shaving the trunk...but still. Thieves are bastards.

SiR_d1
04-21-2004, 11:29 AM
I think regarding our emblems I have never heard of it being jacked.

I am assuming cause it won't fit on any other car

SHAKEnBAKE
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Yes, there are emblem jackings, at least down here in SoCal. They usually go after the Si or red Hs(type R). Somebody posted quite a while a go seeing some school kid with an Si emblem on his backpack, son of a bitch!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
well ours are pretty damn tough to remove (in one piece) so you should be safe...most criminals dont drive around with goo-gone and dental floss...

blacksihatch
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I had blue A emblems on my integra and they were jacked twice and my ex had a 95 civic and they stole the stock back emblem.

Jaypee
04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
since our emblems don't fit on other cars, it's safe to get them right?

SHAKEnBAKE
04-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
most criminals dont drive around with goo-gone and dental floss...

True, and most criminals won't actually even bother to steal our emblems. Most emblem jacking that I heard of is some middle school punks walking around and just got the sudden urge to fuck up our car. So they will use anything at their disposal, pen, screwdriver. They don't care if they can get it in one piece or not.

Sorry for the long ranting, I'm still pissed of, somebody tried to stole my friends TypeR from his Integra, but snapped it in half instead, using a screwdriver, so you can imagine the "carnage".:yellm:

potator
04-21-2004, 07:59 PM
People still jack emblems, but it's a good thing it's not as bad as it used to be in the mid 90s. Back then, any type of emblem would be stolen within one week of ownership. Now it seems to have calmed down a lot. Most EP owners have the JDM H emblems. Car looks really great with it on. Get them!

sintax02si
04-22-2004, 03:57 AM
I had my emblems stolen a week or so after I got my car. fuckers.

Jaypee
04-22-2004, 04:24 PM
your stock emblems or the JDM "H" emblem?

03SiBlack
04-22-2004, 06:40 PM
i got my emblems jacked. They took off the back si emblem and the front si emblem and in the process scratched my car with the tool they used to take it off. It also happened about 4 weeks after getting my car. If i ever find the person who did it i will murder them.

sintax02si
04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jaypee
your stock emblems or the JDM "H" emblem?

stock. i was still heated though.
But I like it alot with no badges at all now....nice and clean.

Mugen Power
04-22-2004, 10:27 PM
I've been wanting to get the red emblems for a while now but the price and fear of getting them stolen is slowing me down. I don't think it really matters whether or not they'll fit on another car. People will just steal them if they feel like it. And face it, there are a lotta haters out there who don't like our stuff or are jealous of the things we have. Just look at all the people who rip on others who get cars or parts as gifts, etc. :rolleyes: But that's a whole other story...

Jaypee
04-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
I've been wanting to get the red emblems for a while now but the price and fear of getting them stolen is slowing me down. I don't think it really matters whether or not they'll fit on another car. People will just steal them if they feel like it. And face it, there are a lotta haters out there who don't like our stuff or are jealous of the things we have. Just look at all the people who rip on others who get cars or parts as gifts, etc. :rolleyes: But that's a whole other story...

I saw a black civic coupe today with si emblems...hmm...who's he trying to fool?

redronin22
04-22-2004, 11:33 PM
someone tried to jack my red hatch H and the ended up cracking the corner. bastards!