PDA

View Full Version : Well look what got stolen from me!

Whiteboy
04-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Reading all these threads about cars being broken into and stolen emblems and other things only made me think "Damn that sucks", but it isn't until now that I feel how bad it really DOES suck.

So I walk out to my car after school at about 2:40, to find that my JDM replica spoilerdepot.com wing has been ripped off! I guess you could call it a form of weight loss, but more importantly a loss of $400. Must have used a crow bar, because now I am also sporting a scratch and a scuff mark on my roof. Motherfuckers can't buy their own shit, so they steal mine. I'm going to try to put the OEM one back on today, but not sure if it will go back on because all the bolt holes have been bent out horrible, and the fiberglass between them is now bubbled out and cracked. Damn...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzYzODcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzYzODcyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Prob going to have to take it to a body shop to fix it

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
dat sux...cant have anything nice

shimmy_yaz
04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
I am so sick od hearing shit like this. People need to grow up get a fucking job and leave other peoples shit alone. (BTW my car is in the shop right now cuz they tried to break in for the second time)

skooba
04-21-2004, 01:52 PM
I know an alarm is not 100% security, but it is an extremely effective deterrent.

About 7 years ago, a bunch of people went through my neighborhood stealing car audio. I knew 4 seperate friends all along the same few streets that had things stolen the same week. None of them had alarms. My brother however, did. He had 3 15's and 16 6.5's in his civic, but that blinking red light and possible warning chirp saved him.

My alarm was the first thing I put on my car before doing ANYTHING to it.

But to be honest, I wouldn't expect anyone to steal a spoiler, seems like they would go for something else, sorry about your loss.

Whiteboy
04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Think there is any chance in hell insurance would cover an aftermarket spoiler being stolen? I'm thinking maybe replacement with an HFP spoiler?

SubliminalSi
04-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by skooba
My alarm was the first thing I put on my car before doing ANYTHING to it.

same here. I dont live and a really bad hood but theres the wonders that do the smash and grab jobs. Luckly my alarm is sensitive enough that if it is shaken, or bumped into with some force a warning chirp goes off and then it goes crazy. Unfortuntaly not always the alarm can be heard, and shit like spoilers, rims, and emblems can be jacked somewhat easy

skooba
04-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Unfortuntaly not always the alarm can be heard, and shit like spoilers, rims, and emblems can be jacked somewhat easy

well thats why I have a remote on my keychain that will lemme know whats up. :)

HARRY POTTER
04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
DAMN, thats some shit!!! :mad: probably some fukking ricer who's gonna throw it on a their tricked out asphire!! sorry to hear about it man...

toe knee
04-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Sorry for your loss man.What school do you attend? See if there are any camras in the lot you can look at.

Makross
04-21-2004, 02:32 PM
This happened at school?? Does your school have security cameras in the parking lot?? Go report it to your school and see if they have a vid since this happened on campus. Sorry to hear what happened

HondCivc91
04-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by skooba
well thats why I have a remote on my keychain that will lemme know whats up. :)

Which do you have.. Compustar or Viper? When I get my EP within a month or so I too also want to invest in a pager alarm but not sure which one to go to.

HondCivc91
04-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Makross
This happened at school?? Does your school have security cameras in the parking lot?? Go report it to your school and see if they have a vid since this happened on campus. Sorry to hear what happened

I mean my car is nothing special now and I'm on a pretty good campus but I know of a few people that would be ignorant enough to do something to my car - so I park it all the way out in the parking lot under a huge spotlight with a video camera constantly on it. I've actually been to the security building and seen my car on the camera - it makes me feel good :) If anything happens, I could hold the university responsable for it.

todaCspec
04-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Whiteboy
Think there is any chance in hell insurance would cover an aftermarket spoiler being stolen? I'm thinking maybe replacement with an HFP spoiler?

They won't cover aftermarket stuff unless you purchase additional coverage for aftermarket stuff. You can always just say the stock spoiler was stolen that is if it's not on campus security camera's. Then see how much the insurance adjustment will be after your deductible.

Unfortunatley these external extremities are always a target for theft especially at schools and movie theaters.:(

skooba
04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by HondCivc91
Which do you have.. Compustar or Viper? When I get my EP within a month or so I too also want to invest in a pager alarm but not sure which one to go to.

viper 790

halos02Si
04-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Whiteboy

i've got usaa as my insurance company and when they broke into my car and stole 2 rims and my entire system worth about 1600, but i only paid 800 thanks to best buys discount....and my 2 c5's were worth 800.....well i had every single receipt....and they told me since i wasnt working at best buy anymore, that they would cover me for the regular price :D

so i got 1600 for the system....and 800 for the rims.....it all depends on what insurance company you have....with mine...all i needed was proof of purchase...but others i think require you to tell them you purchased this or that so they can cover it as well....hope this helps some.

-breandly

PS. my car was laying on the spare itself....literally laying on it....missing 2 rims, broken passenger side window, and my entire system ripped out....and tons of scratch's.....just wanted to say that ive been there, and im really sorry...i really wish i would have caught them...because i would have beat them with The Club :)

ranivus
04-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Thank god i got security cameras right infront of my parking spot at work :) Hmm... maybe investing ina faux camera in the front of the house might be a good investment?

All kidding aside how much is that Viper 790?

Low Rider
04-21-2004, 04:27 PM
...that's just not right. I feel for ya bro. My beast got broken into this winter. I felt so violated!!! :'(

Whiteboy
04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
The cameras at school can only see the first row, since they are on the building. I already talked to the officer after school, and we looked at the cameras and there is no way anything can be seen. The officer just looked at the damage, and kept asking questions about what kind of car it was and asked me "Is this one of those electric cars?"

Tomorrow morning I'll be filing a report with the constable to have the incident on record. It's going to take a body shop some work to be able to put a wing back on. I'll probably be sporting OEM again and invest into a Compstar alarm.

chubbychu
04-21-2004, 05:00 PM
a wing? dang...thats a little harsh isnt it! just look for someone with a new type r wing in your town and steal it back.

skooba
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ranivus
Thank god i got security cameras right infront of my parking spot at work :) Hmm... maybe investing ina faux camera in the front of the house might be a good investment?

All kidding aside how much is that Viper 790?

i ordered it online from www.etronics.com for about $220 i think. had a friend install it for me, along with the remote start.

retail installed, its around 400-500

Siman
04-21-2004, 05:19 PM
how in the hell do you steal a spoiler?:confused: