PDA

View Full Version : Got the shit kicked out of my si today.

Haggard
04-22-2004, 02:22 PM
F-ing people... There arent any scratches, just a mad indention. If i try to pull it out or knock it out softly with a rubber mallet, will it go back to normal? Thanks.

513n179
04-22-2004, 02:25 PM
what exactly got dented?

PAPITUYO326
04-22-2004, 02:38 PM
if its one of your bumpers you might wanna take it off and try to rubber mallet it back to shape..kinda risky but ive seen it work b4

03silverEP
04-22-2004, 03:36 PM
if it's a bumper you can try to push it out (hope it doesn't spider) as for sheetmetal, go to a paintless dent removal place (one dent $20-$50) they will make it look good as new

2 years ago my delSol got $3000 worth of hail damage (10 per. sq. ft.) it looked like someone shot 300 golfballs at it w/a air cannon, anyways the paintless dent removal guys spend 18 hours pushing the dents out and it looked good as new, and I still had orig. paint, i'm just really impressed with the work he did for my car check them out!

shimmy_yaz
04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
If the dent is big enough use a plunger. Works great as long as you can get it to suction fast you should be able to pop the dent right out without any damage.

Haggard
04-22-2004, 05:54 PM
the dent is right above the front left wheel

EtherGhost
04-22-2004, 06:35 PM
If you are worried about spidering, wouldn't heating the paint a little bit before suctioning help keep it from cracking?

iVtec si
04-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
If you are worried about spidering, wouldn't heating the paint a little bit before suctioning help keep it from cracking?
most of the time it will

BarracksSi
04-23-2004, 02:35 AM
My first Civic hatch (86 DX) got WALKED ON during my first year back in college.

There was a footprint on the rear bumper, then one on the hatch spoiler, two more on the roof (with dents, which I pushed back up from inside), one at the base of the windshield (cracked the plastic near the wipers), and one more on the hood.

A couple years later, on the same campus, my '86 Si got kicked, with half the footprint on the right rear fender and the other half on the right rear window.

I'm glad I wasn't there to see either of those things happen, or else I might have had some larger legal issues to deal with.

Interesting that the most damage I've had happen to my cars was while they were in downtown DC and on a college campus in Cornhole, Nebraska. And some people don't understand why I don't trust college kids.

ragebomb
04-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Heya, first off, that sucks. sorry to hear that happened to ya.

I agree with 03silverEP - if you're paint is not damaged, go with a paintless dent removal service. many are mobile and will come to your office or home. I've had friends try to push things out on their own, with tools and do-it-yourself dent removal kits... results vary. If you can afford it, i'd recommend a dent removal guy.

I've had it done a couple times... prices vary. usually is about $60-80 for first dent in a panel, $25 or so for another dent in that same panel. If they move to a new panel on your car, it is another $60-80. anyway the guys can usually quote you over the phone. good luck!

Type X
04-24-2004, 07:08 AM
i came out of work yesterday
to find a huge door ding in my car
and my coworkers jag s type dented also

so next week we are both bringing the cars to the body shop
fix all the imperfections and
paintless dent removal

i think every car should go in once a year for a "refresher":cool: