PDA

View Full Version : Ground Controls vs Neuspeed ?

BlairSpeed
04-22-2004, 03:07 PM
A fellow EPhatch member is offering me a great deal on some ground control coil overs. I thought I remember hearing the they are a little soft? I was just going to buy Neuspeed Sport or Progress springs, but now im not sure what to get. I just want something slightly stiffer and quiet with no squeeks and obviously, lower.

Thanks for your help.

BlairSpeed
04-23-2004, 10:09 AM
okay, so let me ask this:

Has anyone had bad experiences with Ground Control coil-overs?

VNlilMAN
04-23-2004, 10:48 AM
I've had nothing but badd experience with ground controls. The worst suspension I've ever had. Well i liked how they slammed my car but thats about it...
1) handling SUCKS
2) too bouncy
3) too soft
4) too soft, stock shocks suspension travel is too short so i bottomed out all the time.

If your keeping stock shocks stick to lowering springs. i personally prefer neuspeeds

ep3si02
04-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
I've had nothing but badd experience with ground controls. The worst suspension I've ever had. Well i liked how they slammed my car but thats about it...
1) handling SUCKS
2) too bouncy
3) too soft
4) too soft, stock shocks suspension travel is too short so i bottomed out all the time.

If your keeping stock shocks stick to lowering springs. i personally prefer neuspeeds

i thought the ground controls were a smooth ride...i was thinking about getting them until i read this..i think im gonna look into the skunk2 coilovers instead

VNlilMAN
04-25-2004, 05:51 PM
skunk2s are better but i still dont recommend sleeved coils..

ep3si02
04-26-2004, 08:49 AM
the reason im going with sleeved is cause i cant afford full coilovers so for now ill get some sleeved

BlairSpeed
04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
interesting, thanks for the advice. I've heard from a few others that they are soft springs. Im pretty sure im going to go with either Neuspeed Sport springs or Eibach Sportlines