PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion

crazie03si
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
i am trying to decide on the comptech headers or the dcsport the comptech ones are 489 the dc are 360 does anybody know what the difference is or if you have either one how does it performe.

i have the aem cai greddy evo 2 exhaust and i am trying to find a good down pipe and a new cat if any body has any suggestions

civicSIracer
04-22-2004, 10:34 PM
get teh DC race header.. takes the cat out and has great gains.. i would but cali pigs are the worst

goy091
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
i think with the DC sport race header you can put an aftermarket hi-flow cat on it. well not on it but further down the exhaust path, and then to a modded B-pipe exhaust. ive seen some ppl on C-RSX.com do it with extended wires for the 02 sensor. it might pass emmisions on the sniffer but if they look at it probably not the visual.

SubliminalSi
04-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Comptech is a waste of $ IMO. I have it and i really couldnt tell much difference. I also have the hks exhaust and aem cai, and i raced !@#$% when he had the injen intake, dc header, and...uhm, which exhaust was it, skunk2? well anyway we are always pretty dead even, drivers race, so he usually beats me lol:p

YooShin
04-22-2004, 10:56 PM
The Comptech header w/ Comptech exhaust is supposed to work well, according to their website, of course, but cost much more for maybe little or now gain over the DC. The DC header would be the way I would go since you can usually find it for around $250(+/-) and DC Sports has a pretty good rep w/ there products.

Try searching the Engine threads.

fsugatorbait
04-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Comptech is a waste of $ IMO. I have it and i really couldnt tell much difference.

I have to agree.

Low Rider
04-23-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm not into ceramic components myself... the finish and workmanship of the Comptech is second to none. It really depends on what your looking for I guess! ;)

Peking
04-23-2004, 07:33 AM
DC is cheaper, gains are similiar. Go with the DC Sports, I think there is one in the classifieds section. And moved to engine :)

crazie03si
04-26-2004, 09:45 AM
thanks alot everybody i have been looking at tons of different places and the best price i have found is 360 shipped to the house from inline4 anybody know any better places any cheaper prices that is the stainless steel one also not the ceramic. i am using it with a aem cai. greddy evo2 exhaust should i get a down pipe made or can i order it from anybody?

VividDreams
04-26-2004, 03:26 PM
any reason why you want the SS over ceramic?

if its for looks, does it really matter? you cant see it really...

btw, the ceramic is there to help keep the heat from escaping from the exhaust, thus reducing underhood temps and promoting better power gains

crazie03si
04-27-2004, 06:51 AM
i was just getting it for looks, but i would rather have the one that is going to perform better. so what you are telling me is the ss is a waste of money to go with the ceramic one? some one said that i should get the race header but the only one that i can find is the k-series that dc has to offer.

2pointslowEP3
04-27-2004, 06:57 AM
i've heard of ceramic headers cracking.

amctmg
04-27-2004, 06:59 AM
These are the headers I got. I know they are cheap but they are very nice for about 150 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2475490213&rd=1

The looks and performance are outstanding and the shipping was fast.

The only problem was the far left bolt hole didn't line up perfect so a little grinding was necessary but hey mandrel bends and look at those welds :cool:

Peking
04-27-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 2pointslowEP3
i've heard of ceramic headers cracking.

Over the years, something that has seemed to happen reg. is Ceramic-browns, and SS-tarnishes. Only way to crack is cheaply made, or you hit something (like on the older civic's and integra's).

Call showstoppersusa, they have the best price. And on our cars you can barely see them, unless you lean over the engine. Also hard to keep clean, so save some money and get the ceramic. Inlinefour.com is a cool site, but you can find better. Like optauto.com and showstoppersusa. Their prices are lower and both have great customer feedback :)