PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors

civicsi86
04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
How did the people on this with sponsors get them or how would you go about getting one?

Thanks for any info you can share

shimmy_yaz
04-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Basically it is very hard. You have to meet a rep from a company and then prove to them how you would be good advertizing for them and also promise to go to so many shows and what not yadayadayada

Peking
04-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Basically it is very hard. You have to meet a rep from a company and then prove to them how you would be good advertizing for them and also promise to go to so many shows and what not yadayadayada

This has been covered before...

Posted by the lovely Kathryn :* :D

Originally posted by Kathryn
Ok, so heres the deal on sponsors...

Getting a sponsorship is fairly easy (if you have the right tools) Basically you need to write a car resume (mods, list of shows, appearances made, trophys won, future plans, pics)...that is the hardest part. Next look through a couple of mags and write down the phone #'s, fax #'s and go to their website to get e-mail addy's. Then send out e-mails, make calls, send fax's do anythinga nd everything until they call you or write you back. And some will honestly not get it the first time, so DO send it again. The hardest part is getting a name of someone in the sponsorship dept... (this is where the people skills come in)..ask the receptionist for a name or ext..this works wonders!

Once you get in contact with em, just sell yourself..make it sound like you have one of the biggest and baddest cars around (and if you have an EP, you know it's true ;)) Just be cofident, noy cocky and tell them what a great market they are missing out on in you area (not a good idea for cali residents)..lol..just be yourself, but work it like you can be an asset to them. Some will not be able to offer full sponsorships, but partial's instead..these are also very useful, its bettre nothing right?..or paying retail!

As for my sponsors...I have been in this industry for about 4 years and I have my own contacts and all of them know me by my first car (00 Si), so some of mine transferred to the new ride. The easiest thing to do is to go to shows and talk to the reps in the booths, they should atleast be able to give you name or a bus. card. Trust me, they will not come to you, so don't sit around waiting, you must go ask them! Just be professional, courteous, but be confident, tell them how great the new EP's are selling and how you can help market their product to all the other EP owners...hopefully this will answer all your qustions!
:p

Ep3 No.2
04-22-2004, 09:18 PM
damn peking on top of things =OP

Peking
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
damn peking on top of things =OP

LOL, that's what happens when you been here for a while and daily :D :(

specialblend154
04-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Peking
This has been covered before...

Posted by the lovely Kathryn :* :D

He Peking, what ever happend to her.. i just remember people were raggin on her for ROTM cause all her sponsers and now shes gone!

Peking
04-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by specialblend154
He Peking, what ever happend to her.. i just remember people were raggin on her for ROTM cause all her sponsers and now shes gone!

She still comes around from time to time :D There were way more positive comments that would overshadow any negative stuff being said about her here.

k20hatch
04-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Being in the right place at the right time helps alot. ;) Go to every car show, make your car stand out and show somthing different that no one has.