PDA

View Full Version : Emergency!! Need Help Now

fASTBACK
04-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I have this Double X-brace from D3 that I am trying to put in.
I got all of the bolts to be tightend except for the front 2 which are the control arm bolts.
They keep on turning and the bar is flushed with the cross member already.
Passenger side stays flush but the bolt keeps on turning
Driver side will not stay flushed and will keep turning also.

Did I strip it? Im really frustrated with this bar. I don't know what to do.

Help me please. I'm thinking about taking off the bar completely and see if it is really striped.

Thanks,

Mike

ATRIOT
04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
No you probabley didnt strip them, the alignment of the control arms probabley just got out of place. What you'll need to do is find a tapered metal rod and put it in the hole, then gentally hit it from side to side and front to rear so that the holes will line up correctly again. Then test out the bolts again. Shine a utility light in the hole to see how close you are with the alignment, it may look spot on but your probabley still off a bit. Good luck and just keep fiddling with it.

ATRIOT
04-22-2004, 09:24 PM
These are the bolts holding on the subframe also right? If so i had the exact same problem, just keep at it.

fASTBACK
04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Thanks ATRIOT. Problem solved. Will post complete review.

oogy-boogy
04-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Glad to hear all went well. I ended up having to use a rubber mallet in order to get the two front bolts up to the first thread.

K20A3Si
04-23-2004, 07:13 AM
cant wait to hear how you like it..i am putting my double x-brace on saturday.

oogy-boogy
04-23-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
cant wait to hear how you like it..i am putting my double x-brace on saturday.

You will love it. It makes the EP feel likes it's on rails. I'd recommend you put a front strut tower brace on next. It seems to solidify the front end a ton.

Speedworks
04-23-2004, 07:20 AM
where did you get the brace from and for how much