PDA

View Full Version : what to do...what to do?????

plpong893
04-22-2004, 09:11 PM
well couple of my friends got street bikes and now i got the itch.... i love my ep but the opions are fast ep or a bike. i dont know what to get im confused some input would help thanks guys

chet
04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
If you're an experienced rider, and don't plan on doing much kamikazi riding on the streets--I say its your choice. Don't just do it to be like your friends. My sister just got herself a C230 Kompressor. But I'm not going to go out and trade my EP just to keep up with the notoriety of driving a Benz.

Save your $$ or boost the EP.

Think it over a lot. And be safe no matter what you choose;)

plpong893
04-22-2004, 09:28 PM
i just want one to cruise... i been around dirt bikes for a while and can handle my self on a bike... i always wanted one and now that one of my best friends got one makes me want one more...

but i do want a 13 second ep....

Suk02Si
04-22-2004, 09:32 PM
I know how you feel. A few friends of mine also went the bike route. I'm getting one for sure, hopefully within the year.:D

Ep3 No.2
04-22-2004, 10:29 PM
from a lot of riders in my area i get a lot of mixed opinions.
top 2 answers i hear is.

1: i love my bike. cant never go back.
or
2: got sick of rider after a few months

all on you bro. which ever you enjoy more go for it.

seven6zero
04-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Get a bike!:D

BarracksSi
04-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Mod the EP!! :D

(I know, I'm not being helpful! ;) )

ToingToing
04-23-2004, 03:02 AM
i say, mod your ep first and once your done modding your ep, then thats when you start thinking of getting yourself a bike. for that amount of money you spend on bike's insurance, you might as well save it up for whatever you wanna do and put on the ep.

SiR Medic
04-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Before I started working as a paramedic, I wanted a bike REALLY BAD. Now, I'd be scared to death riding one.

Of all the motorcycle accidents I've seen, only one was the fault of the cyclist... And he was drunk.

Most accidents were caused by some inattentive soccer mom driving either a SUV or a minivan.

Now, you are 170lbs of bone and meat being hit by 4500lbs of steel and plastic... Who do you think wins?

!@#$%
04-23-2004, 06:25 AM
Last night as I was driving to work, I was stuck in traffic going 45 mph on a two lane highway due to 5 street bikes. They obviously thought it was funny to just cruise slowly and piss everyone off. After I exited, they proceeded to just drive in front of cars and cut people off as though the cars were never there. Immature riders have NO PLACE buying a performance bike of that caliber. There is a reason that you must be 16 to drive a vehicle. I give these guys 6 months to live, tops.

Don't get a bike. You will regret it.

the JigGa mAn
04-23-2004, 09:12 AM
there are some fucked up car drivers out there and you being on a bike is very dangerous around those fucktards...id never buy a crotch rocket...i like choppers..thats what id get they look cooler

k20hatch
04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Turbo the ep ;) :D

Hatchtastic
04-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Everyone is right. Bikes are very dangerous because of traffic. But if you put the amount of money for the bike into your car it still wont be as fast. Bikes are the best performance machines out. To get that speed you gotta have a bike. My brother had a CBR 600r and crashed it 4 times. Never got more than a bruise and returned it for the balance and never got charged a penny. Its all up to you but be safe. I like my EP;) (FOR NOW!)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
After getting hit by a car on a bike and spending a year in a full leg cast, then going through years of therapy just to be able to walk normal, I don't think I'll ever own a bike again....though for some reason I do still get the itch to ride.

If you do get a bike, just be careful, that's all you can do, cuz there's always some dumbass who "didn't see you".

NemesisITR
04-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Id say dont get one. Seems like everyone who rides a bike ends up putting it down at least once. Ex-girlfriend is a nurse and she told me horror stories about people on bikes. The one that really hit me was about a guy who wasnt going that fast ended up putting the bike down, sliding, and then popping his head off when he hit the gaurdrail. Bikes are ment for the track these days not public roads.

BarracksSi
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
... The one that really hit me was about a guy who wasnt going that fast ended up putting the bike down, sliding, and then popping his head off when he hit the gaurdrail...

Ow... fuck...

Someone else on here once posted about how a friend put down his bike going no more than 30 mph, and happened to hit the curb just right that he broke his neck & died right there.

I came real close to who-knows-how-much hurt when I put down a moped (yes, a little Honda moped!) on a damp, leaf-slicked driveway that went for fifty or so yards through the woods. I was motoring around a corner, and the tires just completely lost traction, the moped slipped down, and I slid into the dirt & undergrowth just on the side.

When I stopped, I looked up, and saw the rotted end of a log -- right in front of my face. I was probably a foot away from having my vacation turn into a very miserable time.

Type X
04-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Owning a Bike in the NE is like
boning a Hot girl thats visiting for summer......

sure its cool for a few months
but than when its cold your back to boning the fat chick....:cool:

and yes thats an original type x analogy:*

NemesisITR
04-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Type X
Owning a Bike in the NE is like
boning a Hot girl thats visiting for summer......

sure its cool for a few months
but than when its cold your back to boning the fat chick....:cool:

and yes thats an original type x analogy:*

LMAO!!!

RMC22
04-23-2004, 11:39 PM
I always thought a lot of the guys on bikes looked like tools. And with the way a lot of them ride and people drive, it's only a matter of time. Just not worth the constant risk if you ask me.