PDA

View Full Version : Type R Shocks

HondaCivicSi
10-13-2002, 08:58 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the Si's have the sames shocks as the Type R. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so, wouldn't lowering your car on the stock shocks be fine since the type R sits lower anyways?? I

02SilverSiHB
10-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by HondaCivicSi
I thought I read somewhere that the Si's have the sames shocks as the Type R. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so, wouldn't lowering your car on the stock shocks be fine since the type R sits lower anyways?? I
if they are the same, it really doesn't matter...the type r barely sits that much lower. depends on how low you want to go. I know I'll need some new ones eventually

JSIR
10-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Ive been told from a source at Honda that we have the same shocks as the CTR. Looking at the shocks I believe it, these feel like really good quality shocks. Thus they will work well with Eibach Pro-kits, which are close to the drop of the CTR give or take a fraction of an inch. Good match up IMO, but it all depends on how much of a drop you like.

HondaCivicSi
10-14-2002, 08:50 PM
I like the sportline kit better. I was also gonna get a rear camber kit because I heard the front camber is fine. I just worry about the shocks. I don't want to have to pay for new shocks in a couple of months.

NamingException
10-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Yeah, they probably are the same shocks- I've read multiple sources saying that Honda claims that the suspension in the Si is tuned identically to the CTR. If the CTR sits lower, then obviously that can't be completely true, but it still leads me to believe that they are the same.