PDA

View Full Version : Anecdotes of an EP w/ Bronze TE37s

Low Rider
04-23-2004, 11:04 AM
OK, since I got these friggin' rims it seems that every numb skull and his inbred sister wants a piece of me (or should I say: a piece of the beast). I have never been into street racing and up until lately I was pretty much able to mind my own business unnoticed. This car has taken on a new personality and has suddenly become the focus of a lot of unwanted attention.

Yesterday I'm working my way home on the Queensway at a 3 lane wide stretch and a guy with a Z24 pulls up right next to me and another guy pulls up next to him in a Neon 2 lanes over. Now I'm thinkin' to myself, "Oh shit, here we go"! Sure enough, the bozo next to me in the Z24 gives me the nod and away we go. Like a true idiot I can't resist right!? We're all going about 110kph
at the time and I drop the beast into 4rth and bury my foot through the floorboards. Poor bastards, I don't remember ever seeing them again. I don't know if they chickened out or what but I remember looking at the speedo and seeing 170kph or so with no american made shit-boxes in sight.

Then, this morning, I'm at a stop light on my way to work and this nimrod starts revving his Maxima - girlfriend in tow urging him on. Now I figure I'm pretty out-classed here but, oh what the heck, I had to go for it. The light changes and I start pumping through the stinkin' gears like Nikki Lauda. To make a long story short, the guy beats me to the next light by about a car length. I thought the lil' beast held up pretty well against that pig of a Nissan, all things considered.

Lately, I have also noticed that cops just seem to tail me around for no reason - waiting for me to screw up I guess. Anyway, there have been many other incidences but I don't have the space to continue on forever. I'm sure that many of you with nice EPs have also been challenged on occasion. I'm going to have to learn to, "just say no"!!! ;)

Hatchtastic
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Hmm thats strange. I got challenged more with my stock ep. Now I have a stock ep3 with rims. LOL! 1 time I had some punk ass kid with braces pulled up next to me in a brand new jaguar s-type. Then a girl in an integra pulled up on the other side of me. The kid looked over at me smileing and bouncing up and down with excitement. I rolled down my window and yelled hello what do you want(playing it dumb). He replyed we gunna race. I then replyed you two are! (pointing at the girls teg next to me). The light turned green and the dude in the automatic type-s flew 2 car lengths before I even went off the line. The girl in the Integra was trying to keep up but by the time she hit second gear it was already over. My example is you dont gotta do anything. I dont understand drag racing in a k20a3 civic. Unless you have boost you will lose.

P.S you beat the Z24? did he pass out at the line?

bloodzombie
04-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Nobody's ever challenged me. They must be scared.

Makross
04-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Its the TE's MAN!!

SubliminalSi
04-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Im rarely challanged at stoplights, but if some idiot pulls up next to me, they usually dont do anything till the light changes and i will start off normal and then they punch it like pussys, oh well:rolleyes:

denmah
04-23-2004, 10:52 PM
i only race people i know, or people i meet at the scene who know someone else there.

cops have been known to ride around and try to catch races, in unmarked imports...

and they have been hiding all over lately.

i pretty much keep my racing people 90% at the strip.
hard to believe but i really like everything to be done in a professional controlled and timed environment.
where if someone jumps the start of the race they are red lighting and not just launching better. lol..

Low Rider
04-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by denmah
i only race people i know, or people i meet at the scene who know someone else there.

cops have been known to ride around and try to catch races, in unmarked imports...

and they have been hiding all over lately.

i pretty much keep my racing people 90% at the strip.
hard to believe but i really like everything to be done in a professional controlled and timed environment.
where if someone jumps the start of the race they are red lighting and not just launching better. lol..

Yes... this is a good point. For the most part, I have always limited this kind of stuff to the track. :D

YooShin
04-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
OK, since I got these friggin' rims it seems that every numb skull and his inbred sister wants a piece of me (or should I say: a piece of the beast). I have never been into street racing and up until lately I was pretty much able to mind my own business unnoticed. This car has taken on a new personality and has suddenly become the focus of a lot of unwanted attention.

I feel your pain my friend. Every since I got my drop and the wheels(in the same day) I've had the same problem. I get people checking out my car when I'm coming out of the groccery store or Starbucks and they always ask if my wheels are "real volks". One guy even made a comment saying that I must be serious about the car because the rims are bronze(?). Kind of thought that if I go w/ bronze (against my Vivid Blue) it would be kind of low profile even w/ the drop, but no. It's even worse now that I completly debadged and de-decalled. Oh well, imagine if you had something like a M3, or 911 or something exotic and high pofile. I bet those rich sonsabeeyotches get it even worse.

BlasTech
04-24-2004, 04:20 PM
You definitely have a problem, Low Rider, so I'll take those TE's off your hands for $50 and throw in a set of OEM 15's. :D

YooShin
04-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
You definitely have a problem, Low Rider, so I'll take those TE's off your hands for $50 and throw in a set of OEM 15's. :D

Yes. Let us hold your hand through this healling process. You've taken the first step which is admitting you have a problem. The second step is to same-day ship your trouble causing wheels to me;) :D

Stupendous Man
04-25-2004, 01:09 AM
No one's ever really challenged me either...

They're probably intimidated by my incredible Driver's Aura :cool:

TEKBRAIN
04-25-2004, 07:45 AM
TE37 (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15) :cool:

Low Rider
04-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
quote:Yes. Let us hold your hand through this healling process. You've taken the first step which is admitting you have a problem. The second step is to same-day ship your trouble causing wheels to me

Thanks guys... I knew I could count on you to be there for me!!!
:D

Pir8pete
04-25-2004, 03:38 PM
i haven't hade any trouble with the cops at all in ottawa or anywhere with my EP, but i did in my 95 civic like mad, i found this odd too. I think i look too much like someone that would just get out of my car at the lights, and punch the perason in the face for trying to act like a "hoodlum" trying to get me going, lol

but yeah i never had any thing like what youv'e had hehehe maybe this summer i might i dunno. Most of the street racers know me so maybe thats y. same goes for the musel cars etc... i know alot of them.

I'll show you a nice place we go @ night this summer if the other still us it! ;)

I need one of us to make cards/flyers that we can put under ppls wipers to come join us in are meets. I have seen afew eps around and would like for them to join us this summer. :)

Low Rider
04-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I just got back from a track day at Shannonville with Bensa... It was awesome! This is definetely the proper forum for pushing the limits of our cars - much safer!!! ;)

Pir8pete
04-25-2004, 04:39 PM
very nice, i'll have to tag along next time :)

graham
04-25-2004, 07:32 PM
haha and I thought Ottawa was a tame place :) I'm pretty much stock other than my heliums, so I don't get much attention. I have noticed that lately the queensway has been full of unpredicatable morons though :)

BTW - so ... other than the unwanted attention, how do you like the te37s?