PDA

View Full Version : I just lost 2 hex wrenches in my console... help!

FurY
04-23-2004, 05:39 PM
I was installing my neuspeed ss today and I put on all screws but the last one. As I was getting ready to use the hex wrench, I dropped it into the console! I figured I would try to fish it out later but I needed to get that screw tightened. So, I went and grabbed another hex wrench that I had and finished the last screw. Right as I was letting the pressure off, a second one fell into the dash :eek: .

Here is where the wrenches fell into :

http://www.paradigmz.net/console.jpg
(sorry for the crappy photoshopped white line)

Should I go hunt them down? Or should I just leave them in there? Would it cause any problems? Jam the shifting or get in the way of things? Please help!! :o

halos02Si
04-23-2004, 05:42 PM
i dont think it would cause you any problems, but usually when something falls down there....it usually ends up somewhere in the back by where your pedals are.....so bend down there and feel around with your hand....if not then it probably is just hanging on a cable or something, but it shouldnt be too hard to find since its a small wrench and not a tiny screw.

-breandly

dj addicted
04-23-2004, 05:45 PM
I would try and fish them out for the simple fact the rattling and hearing the sliding around would drive me nuts.

You dont have to worry about them catching on anything though..

FurY
04-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
I would try and fish them out for the simple fact the rattling and hearing the sliding around would drive me nuts.

You dont have to worry about them catching on anything though..

Yeah I also worried about that. How would I get to them if I can't reach back in there and find them?

bobdobbs
04-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Get a magnetic pick-up, basically a magnet on the end of a stick. Sears has them, probably most auto supplies too. They're made just for this sort of thing.

FurY
04-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Good idea, I may have to do that tomorrow... thanks guys!!:D

dj addicted
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
bobdobbs beat me to it.. Thats exactly what you need

blueiedgod
04-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I lost 2 phillips screw driver heads in the my concole, behind the gauge cluster. I have not been able to find them for over a year. There is no rattle, and they never dropped by the pedals. They are gone!!!!! :o

2pointslowEP3
04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
just fish it out man. what would it take...a whole 2 minutes? just do it.

Civicvtec1ps
04-23-2004, 08:51 PM
When I was installing Shifter Bushings.
One bushings fell and couldn't find it.
Ended up taking whole center console apart.
haha

Peking
04-24-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
When I was installing Shifter Bushings.
One bushings fell and couldn't find it.
Ended up taking whole center console apart.
haha

Same for me, I posted that stuff (with pics) in the shifter bushings thread. Found it though, and some of the old rubber ones :D