PDA

View Full Version : rock chips in windshield, how to fix?

siver-SI
04-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Well when I was cleaning off my windshield I fould out that I kind of got lucky. I have two rock chips right by eachother on my windshield, but lucky for me no cracks. What I am wondering what are good products to fix these? I have heard of some in the past and can not remember them. I just to not want them to turn into cracks and have the replace my windshield. Thanks

BTW I did do a search and all I can accross was chiped paint and cracked windshields.

Finger
04-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Generally your insurance will pay to fix those in a windshied shop and you have nothing to pay. I suggest you fix the chips quickly because they can cracks without a warning.

skooba
04-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I just went to walmart and bought some sort of windshield repair kit, not exactly sure of the name, but it did its job. It just filled in the crack (i had a little spider type crack) and then dried over. It didn't make it disappear but it stopped it from spreading, so it worked.

dj addicted
04-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Call your insurance company and see what they have to say. I believe some states insurance charge you.. other states do not.. Cant hurt to call them.

Adubb
04-24-2004, 06:20 PM
you = fucked.

insurance, or die!