PDA

View Full Version : Auto UP window feature not on 02

Aaron 02 Si
04-24-2004, 11:39 AM
I think the 04 Si has an Auto UP window feature. Does anyone know how to install this feature on the 02?

ATRIOT
04-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Good question, is it all in the switch?

denmah
04-24-2004, 11:50 AM
hell yeha my sisters base element has up and down, and my buddy has a 03gti 1.8t that has auto up and down on both windows... envy!

k20hatch
04-24-2004, 11:51 AM
It would be nice. But nothing at all to sweat about!

spider883
04-24-2004, 12:51 PM
i want auto up and down on both windows

EnJaNir
04-24-2004, 01:53 PM
you should only need the drivers side window switch panel. install a new one from an 04 and you should techincally be good to go.

with my svx (92) has both auto up/down, the later models removed the auto up feature do to safety reasons and many people just replaced there window switch panel with one from a 92 and it worked just fine.

Sb00
04-24-2004, 06:09 PM
i think somebody posted before that it's not in the switch it's the acutal motor that allows the window to go all the way up and down

VividDreams
04-24-2004, 07:07 PM
either way, if its a factory feature now, it makes it that much easier to mod

FCobra94
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Sb00
i think somebody posted before that it's not in the switch it's the acutal motor that allows the window to go all the way up and down

Yeah. I'd like to try and figure this one out sometime, as well as a one touch close/open sunroof :)

I know the Acura RL has that feature and they use the same switch sunroof switch as the EP, so I'm assuming that motor should swap into ours as well :confused:

Those would definitly be some neat little mods though :)

phantasia
04-24-2004, 10:11 PM
im still upset that the ep's have power windows. they just scream wuss to me. id rather have no power convienience shit, just straight up honda performance. luxury items are meaningless to me. who really needs that stuff. cruise control??? at least you cant get the ep with some bastardized automatic tranny. f that. if you cant shift gears, you do not deserve to own an automobile. it was hard for me to trade in my 92 si for the ep because of all this stuff. next time around i dunno what ill trade the ep in on. i dont want power windows, door locks, keyless entry, a/c, airbags, abs, radio, or any luxury shit. all i want is a simple, fast honda with a tight little chassis, strong little motor, sexy good looks and exclusivity. i guess im destined to search the rest of my life for a brand new zero mile 1990 cr-x si. i dunno.

Black 02 SI
04-24-2004, 10:13 PM
i have auto up and down both sides :) i have a viper alarm and just installed the window mod. i can also open and close my windows and sunroof from my remote ;) i win

Black 02 SI
04-24-2004, 10:15 PM
oh yeah and i didnt swap motor or switches. control box that you add gets wired into everything and takes care of it. if i hit the button on the remote once it cracks the windows and sunroof for venting too. again i win :)

what's that type x, all you have is power folding mirrors? you be owned son :)

redronin22
04-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by phantasia
im still upset that the ep's have power windows. they just scream wuss to me. id rather have no power convienience shit, just straight up honda performance. luxury items are meaningless to me. who really needs that stuff. cruise control??? at least you cant get the ep with some bastardized automatic tranny. f that. if you cant shift gears, you do not deserve to own an automobile. it was hard for me to trade in my 92 si for the ep because of all this stuff. next time around i dunno what ill trade the ep in on. i dont want power windows, door locks, keyless entry, a/c, airbags, abs, radio, or any luxury shit. all i want is a simple, fast honda with a tight little chassis, strong little motor, sexy good looks and exclusivity. i guess im destined to search the rest of my life for a brand new zero mile 1990 cr-x si. i dunno.

How could you go without AC?

me id delete the sunroof, cruise control, and power steering. ABS will help u in an emergency situation. all the other stuff are quite usefull.

Mugen Power
04-25-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Sb00

Maybe you also need a different switch because when you push the switch for auto down, you need to press it past a certain clicking point before it goes full auto. I would imagine that a similar clicking point would be the same for auto up.

Type X
04-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Black 02 SI

what's that type x, all you have is power folding mirrors? you be owned son :)

:D
I'm Rich Beoootch........

Type X
04-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by phantasia

i dunno about you guys

but i like those features
ESPECIALLY when its 100 degree's out and i see some cornball in a turbo 93 hatch with the ac removed and i am chilling in my 2002 car with full ac blowing :)

audomatik
04-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Type X
i dunno about you guys

but i like those features
ESPECIALLY when its 100 degree's out and i see some cornball in a turbo 93 hatch with the ac removed and i am chilling in my 2002 car with full ac blowing :)

exactly... my 89 prelude si didnt have half this shit. only power windows. i'm livin' it up right now. AC is the best thing since sliced bread. nothing beats being nice and cool on a hot humid rainy day. i'd like to see you open your windows and cool off chump... haha just messin'

siver-SI
04-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Just wondering can we find out what is doing it by looking at the online parts books for are car?

Type X
04-25-2004, 08:42 AM
for the guys wanting to swap in the 04 switches

if it DOES work

i believe they are different color trims on the 04 switches with the silver
so they aren't "exactly" the same

redronin22
04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by audomatik
exactly... my 89 prelude si didnt have half this shit. only power windows. i'm livin' it up right now. AC is the best thing since sliced bread. nothing beats being nice and cool on a hot humid rainy day. i'd like to see you open your windows and cool off chump... haha just messin'

tell me the truth brotha!! Wow if u remove you're ac u lose what 30 lbs and maybe gain 2% hp? why not go on a friggin diet and buy some more pwerformance parts? also ac really helps defog the interior on those kinda days.

SONIC SI
04-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Since I have an 04 then all I would have to do is change one switch.:D I am going to call the Honda dealer to see if it will work.

siver-SI
04-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know of a dealership that has the parts book listed for the 2004 model? I have http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com but they do not have 04 SI listed yet.

bao_pay
04-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Type X
:D
I'm Rich Beoootch........

nice reply... puahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mugen Power
04-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by bao_pay
nice reply... puahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D :D :D :D

With replies like Type X's, people still wonder why there are so many people hating out there! :D

glw
04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
just looked in the service manual at the circuit diagram (page 22-125) and here's the scoop for the 2002-03's. the master switch on the drivers side ($120) has the control unit attached that tells the motors for both door windows what to do. the passenger side switch ($10) doesn't do much except control the passenger window and pass commands from the master switch for the passenger window...

my educated guess is that the 2004 master switch on the drivers side is different in that the control unit has the additional feature, but $120 is alot of dinero!

Mugen Power
04-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Yeah, like I said before, I didn't think it had anything to do with the motor since the motor operates the same. It's going past that click in the switch that makes it go auto down so a similar point on the switch must tell the motor to go auto up.

siver-SI
04-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by glw
just looked in the service manual at the circuit diagram (page 22-125) and here's the scoop for the 2002-03's. the master switch on the drivers side ($120) has the control unit attached that tells the motors for both door windows what to do. the passenger side switch ($10) doesn't do much except control the passenger window and pass commands from the master switch for the passenger window...

my educated guess is that the 2004 master switch on the drivers side is different in that the control unit has the additional feature, but $120 is alot of dinero!

Good find. Yea $120 is a bit much though.

RMC22
04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
I don't know, there's nothing more irritating than rolling up your window while you try to merge into traffic after paying a toll.

glw
04-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RMC22
I don't know, there's nothing more irritating than rolling up your window while you try to merge into traffic after paying a toll. yes, but the 2002-03 switch is $120 and the 2004 is probably even higher. is the annoyance really that big? if so, you should probably try it.