PDA

View Full Version : hubcentric rings - do i need them?

mrsoul55
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey everyone - I tried the search feature but it wasn't working properly so I'm asking here. I have some 15X6 40offset miata wheels that I plan on mounting stickier tires to for autox events. I started reading about hubcentric rings and started getting worried. Do I need to get some hubcentric rings in order to properly mount the miata wheels onto my 2002 Si? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

BarracksSi
04-25-2004, 12:29 AM
From listening to the more reliable & knowledgeable types on here, I'd say that yes, you'd need hubcentric rings. Since you're planning on really using the other wheels under stress, I'd further recommend that you get metal rings, since I've heard more than once that plastic rings could melt from braking heat & such.

At the moment, I'm going without rings under my Rota C8's (just got 'em Wednesday), but I'm getting some on Monday. As it turns out, the shop I've found is getting me a set of Kevlar rings -- great heat resistance, no rust, no warping of wheel or rotor, etc., but not nearly as cheap as steel.

You'll have to know the correct measurements for the EP's hub and the Miata's wheel so that you could find the correct rings -- or have some made, if needed.