PDA

View Full Version : install day for d3 double x brace...unsuccesfull

K20A3Si
04-24-2004, 05:52 PM
welll this was a day i wont forget...first off i read every thread about this brace...second i had all the proper tools...third it was me and my friend who work for honda and subaru and had done more difficult projects than i though this would become....so i get the brace jack the car up we are all ready to get to work..we get all the bolts out and we start from the rear to the front...after all the pulling and tugging we are down to the last bolt...the front passenger lower control arm bolt is the one that almost made me have a heart attack...we couldnt get the bolt in to line up no matter what we tried..finally we got in in half way didnt go any further and then it wouldnt come out....i started getting nervouse thinking things were stripped and what not so we quickly took all the bolts off and the pressure gave and the bolt fell out...so thr brace is now off the car...we begin too pu tthe bolts back in when the same front passenger control arm bolt will not go in...i began to panic....the bolt kept turing and would not catch...i finally go tthe bolt to go in..my friend and i have never gone through an install this difficul;t that we though would be so easy...i do no tknow what i am going to do abou t this brace ..if i should have it put in or not.....i am just thankfull my car is ok....thought you should know what i went through today:mad:

specialblend154
04-24-2004, 06:08 PM
that sucks sorry to hear that... if yourinstall dosent work you can always sell it to me!

K20A3Si
04-25-2004, 06:44 AM
well...i am no tgoing to sell it...i am going to wait to put it in in a few weeks when i am done school..my school has a bunch of speedbumps and i am really low...so i am going to have my job do it for me.....i really dont think i had the angle to ge the bar in.....hopefully next time i will be succesfull;)

rswbrixton
04-25-2004, 06:55 AM
I think the install of the D3 Xbrace is much much easier when the car is hoisted above your head on a garage hoist .

Anything less than that , then it appears you cannot get the angle and inertia to position correctly for installation .