PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........damn oil

hacim
10-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Man, the way the EP drinks oil is really startsing to piss me off! I have almost 3500 miles and I checked it this morning and vuala, not oil. All I had was a hint of oil in the car. This has happened to me one other time so far and it was when I had like 1200 miles I was a quart and a half low. They checked it out at my Honda dealer and told me it was the new motor settin the seals and things like that wich I can understand. The topped it off a little over 2000 miles ago and now I dont have any. I am really getting sick of this, this thing burns more oil then my 89 Civic Si I use to have and it blew smoke out of the exhaust at 5000rpm and higher. It is really starting to piss me off, this will be the second time taking it to the dealer for oil problem. The lemon law stated in Colorado is if you take your vehicle in for the same thing 4 times then they have to take the car back. Its really starting to piss me off. I know I keep saying that but shit, Honda is better then this and I broke the motor in like I was supost to. I drive it hard once in a while but I never take it to the rev limiter. Any of you out there have the simular problem out there? Any input would be greatly aprecicated. Thanks guys and I will let you all know what Honda has to say.:(

labelhunter
10-14-2002, 08:02 AM
i was also having this problem burning about a quart every 1000 miles but now im upto 10000 miles and the problem is gone i keep checking but it has stayed full. so i think at about 10000 miles it subsides. i do alot of driving about 100 miles a day. so maybe thats y it took so long i dont know but all im saying is that this will go away so just stick it out you have a great car!

redronin22
10-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey hacim i was down 2 quarts at the 3600k mark. i checked the dipstick after i started to hear about the oil probs and no oil was on the stick at all. so i took it to the dealer and asked for my oil change and they said no its not necissary. So they topped it off. today im at th 4700k mark and going to get my first oil change. Im gonna address this issue along with a knock noise in my rear right suspension. it makes a poppin noise whenever i hit a speed bump or make a hard right turn

Glix
10-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Same problem and the dealer gave me a line of bs so I said !@#$ it and changed out the oil to 5 / 30w and the problem went away. Honda is running 5 / 20w in these cars for emissions purposes and the !@#$ burns right off at high rpms. My oil hasn't dropped at all since I did this.

fishboy
10-14-2002, 08:44 AM
yeah i've gone about 2.5k since my last oil change and i had to put in 2 quarts to get it back up to the right level. i'm asking them to put in 5w30 next time.

hacim
10-14-2002, 10:24 AM
Well I spoke with a friend of mine thats a mechanic at the Honda dealer and the service writer and they both are telling me to come in next week, do an oil change and then they will start a consumption test. That means that every 500 miles I will have to take the EP to the dealer for them to check how much oil is being eatin. I am actualy hoping that it is pretty bad so that I can get a K20A2 for most of the price being covered by waranty. Anyone know the difference in price on these motors?

rick77f
10-14-2002, 11:50 AM
I changed my oil at 500 miles and it was filthy. I now have 2000 miles and I don't burn a drop. I even put 5W-20 back in. I take the car to redline once in a while, and everything is running fine. I will change at 3000 then every 3000 following. Sorry to hear about your problem. Keep on the dealer and make them do the right thing.