PDA

View Full Version : d3 double x-brace..peolple mostly lowered should read

K20A3Si
04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
well i am sure a few of you have read my unsuccesful install...it was pretty much on except for that one bolt....i did get a look at it from my car that is dropped with a H&R springs and koni shocks and man it didnt look very safe...i am just think if we hit something solid in the road...you can pretty much kiss the front underneath of you car goodbye...the two front bolts are the front lower control arm bolts...yes if that bar got hung up on anything it would rip the lower control arms apart....cause alot of damage...this bar does make a large improvement in handling i have read in other threads on it....i am just telling you if you have a lowered EP than be careful....i am only goin to put this on when i know i am going to limerock....just be careful if you are driving around with this on the streets..not trying to scar anyone...just want everyone and there cars to stay in one piece;)

02civicSI
04-25-2004, 08:22 PM
i was thinking about this when i saw what the bar looked like. at first i wanted it and then thought about this part mainly being for track use only because of what would happen if something like this happened off the track.

fASTBACK
04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Damn...I never thought of that.

2fastcivic
04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
i am really considering getting the double x-brace and my car is dropped pretty low. can anyone take pics of their x-brace installed? i want to see how much it hangs on the car. thanks.

BSEVEER
04-25-2004, 11:24 PM
You will lose about 2 1/2" to 3" of clearance with the Double X-Brace. . I am only lowered with a Pro-Kit and I have scraped mine a couple of times but it was only on turns with a dip in them. It's a trade off, sacrafice some clearance for great handling. You just have to be more carefull about what turns you try to take at speed. If there is much of a dip at all, foget it. If it's smooth, just hold on tight and rip it up.

chubbychu
04-25-2004, 11:29 PM
AWW SHUNCKS thats really bites. i love the look of a lowered ep but with my 2in drop already i only have a tiny bit of clearance in my current state....

bummer. i really wanted to get this too. Jeeze.

oogy-boogy
04-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this mod to anyone dropped over 1.5". I'm at 1.5" and have to be careful with speedbumps and road dips to keep the brace from bottoming out. I would still buy it again knowing everything I've stated. The large list of positives make up for the minimal list of the negatives....

4g63dsm
04-26-2004, 10:42 AM
is the D3 X brace any lowe3r than the neuspeed one? because i haven't heard any complaints about the neuspeed.

Dr. Design
04-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Hello All,
Thank you all for your overwhelming support. The Double XCB-C has been kicking A*$ at the racetracks! The D3 Double XCB-C equipped EP3 is one of the best handling EP3's in the United States.

We have heard some of the concerns regarding the ground clearance issues. When designing the Double XCB-C we designed it with racing in mind and then tried to cater it to the street users. If you look at the design we tried to keep it as close to the motor as possible and the lowest point comes right underneath the mid pips/cat. You will not have to worry about the control arms ripping off or anything quite that dramatic in the event that you scrap the underside. Unfortunately this is one of those mods that you have to consider compromising. If you take it easy around dips and speedbumps you will not have any problems and still have great handling. Trust us when we say this. The handling that you will get in return cannot be matched by any other component on the market.
Please let us know if there are any other questions. We have also addressed the tight fitment issues when installing these components.

Thank you,

chubbychu
04-26-2004, 01:54 PM
hmm....i know with my midpipe install, the exhaust hangs pretty low, will it even clear the midpipe?

Rorysbrown
04-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 2fastcivic
i am really considering getting the double x-brace and my car is dropped pretty low. can anyone take pics of their x-brace installed? i want to see how much it hangs on the car. thanks.

There are pics of the double x brace on my web site:

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=229

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=187

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=226

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=227

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=228

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=230

http://groups.msn.com/RorySBrown/hondacivicep3pictures.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=233

including one where you can see it scraped the bottom of the occasional speed bump in a shopping mall near me. My car is only lowered an inch from factory specs. The handling is fantastic with this product.

oogy-boogy
04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
......Unfortunately this is one of those mods that you have to consider compromising. If you take it easy around dips and speedbumps you will not have any problems and still have great handling. Trust us when we say this. The handling that you will get in return cannot be matched by any other component on the market.....

I couldn't agree more. Thumbs up for a great vendor with an incredible item :D

STP03BlueSI
04-26-2004, 10:25 PM
I have the Neuspeed X-Brace on my car. Yea I scraped it sometimes..but it is better than scrapin the Oil pan.

K20A3Si
04-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
Hello All,
Thank you all for your overwhelming support. The Double XCB-C has been kicking A*$ at the racetracks! The D3 Double XCB-C equipped EP3 is one of the best handling EP3's in the United States.

We have heard some of the concerns regarding the ground clearance issues. When designing the Double XCB-C we designed it with racing in mind and then tried to cater it to the street users. If you look at the design we tried to keep it as close to the motor as possible and the lowest point comes right underneath the mid pips/cat. You will not have to worry about the control arms ripping off or anything quite that dramatic in the event that you scrap the underside. Unfortunately this is one of those mods that you have to consider compromising. If you take it easy around dips and speedbumps you will not have any problems and still have great handling. Trust us when we say this. The handling that you will get in return cannot be matched by any other component on the market.
Please let us know if there are any other questions. We have also addressed the tight fitment issues when installing these components.

Thank you, thanks dr.design...i am not saying the double x-brace is a bad thing...it is the best suspension upgrade for the ep3 right now...i was just a little concerned about those two bolts in the front...but i hope you know where i was coming from...i am going to install this when i am out of school in 1 week so i will put my full review on its improvments it made with handling.

LiLxKeNnY
04-27-2004, 01:49 AM
I AM WILLING TO RAISE MY CAR FOR THIS PRODUCT!!!

BSEVEER
04-27-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
I couldn't agree more. Thumbs up for a great vendor with an incredible item :D

Yeah, me too! Thanks James.:D

fASTBACK
04-27-2004, 08:33 AM
We just have to a little more careful, thats all. It is worth it. My bro is on Tiens and he is still going to pick one up.

K20A3Si
04-27-2004, 05:12 PM
yea...i guess i will put mine on when i am out for summer...there are to many speed bumps around here:confused: but i cant wait to see how this brace helps out:D

rswbrixton
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I scrape a little speed bump now and then with my Neuspeed xbrace and Mugen suspension . The beefier build of the D3 will indeed cause the scrape and grind to occur a little more often . Im about to replace my Neuspeed with the D3 Double -x which i purchased at the opening special .

A very very well built piece .

To the D3 folks ..... What design change have you made to accomodate an easier install of this bar . Im installing mine this weekend and at present i am readying myself for a battle . I hope it goes quick !!

oogy-boogy
04-28-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by rswbrixton
I scrape a little speed bump now and then with my Neuspeed xbrace and Mugen suspension . The beefier build of the D3 will indeed cause the scrape and grind to occur a little more often . Im about to replace my Neuspeed with the D3 Double -x which i purchased at the opening special .

A very very well built piece .

To the D3 folks ..... What design change have you made to accomodate an easier install of this bar . Im installing mine this weekend and at present i am readying myself for a battle . I hope it goes quick !!

Plan out a few hours.
Get a friend to help.
Get some zip ties, A rubber mallet and some socket extentions.

Eat your Wheaties.....you'll need them :)

GCheung55
04-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Start from the rear and move forward.
Use the jack to push the front bolts in so they can thread.
Test drive and have a blast

Retighten in a few days... you might need it.

^_^

Dunrick
04-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy

Eat your Wheaties.....you'll need them :)

lol

LiLxKeNnY
04-28-2004, 01:12 PM
y do you guys care if it scrape??? it guaranteed for life!!!

even on da track and autoxing

2fastcivic
04-28-2004, 05:37 PM
who here has the lowest drop w/ the double x-brace??

chubbychu
04-28-2004, 10:06 PM
who here has the lowest drop w/ the double x-brace??

i would like to know this too...im dropped pretty far but i would still like this...

hondaluver
04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
will this fit a em2? or do you have to cutom make those last bolts fit?