PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having A/C problems?

iVtec si
04-25-2004, 08:55 PM
my A/C is f*#ked up!! I think its a relay and the condenser fan won't kick on. I need to go to the dealer, I just haven't had the time. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems. BTW I have about 32K on the car.

peace

Peking
04-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by iVtec si
my A/C is f*#ked up!! I think its a relay and the condenser fan won't kick on. I need to go to the dealer, I just haven't had the time. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems. BTW I have about 32K on the car.

peace

Chris, ever since day one. The AC was just never cold enough, even my friends old ass Civic blew colder air. Just to lazy to take her in to the dealer :D

oldschoolimport
04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
last year while I was having so many problems with my windshield/sunroof leaks, I drove a 03 SI with no miles for 2 days. when I was going back to get my car, the compressor went out. it only had twenty-something miles on it. ever since then, I have been waiting on A/C problems to surface.

on a side note, the sales lot got flooded during a freak storm and that car was never fixed. somebody probably bought it at a salvage sale and was pissed.:rolleyes:

goy091
04-25-2004, 10:34 PM
the AC in my car isnt as good as it could be. sometimes on really hot days it takes FOREVER for good cold air to kick in. in the meantime im sweating like a mofo ugh.

funny thing is the AC on my 89 Dodge Caravan is the best AC outa any of my familys car aside from my dads BMW.

super_si_45
04-25-2004, 10:36 PM
100% no probs here, works perfectly fine

(knocks on wood)

iVtec si
04-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Chris, ever since day one. The AC was just never cold enough, even my friends old ass Civic blew colder air. Just to lazy to take her in to the dealer :D my old 93 accord had better AC too, but mine worked okay last year and I ran it once a month during the winter. I hoped someone else had a similar problem and quick fix.

peace

DavidT
04-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Umm I dunno about you all but living in the California heat my A/C is great and I couldn't ask for more. My car can be sitting in 100-105 degree heat for 4-5 hours and I can just get in my car turn on the a/c and be comfortable in a few minutes. If you have to drive around with your windows down before you can feel your a/c...something is wrong with your a/c.

SSMep3
04-26-2004, 08:49 AM
never thought about the different systems good to know!!!:)

blueiedgod
04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
you can not compare an old R-12 systems to the new R-132 systems. R-12 Freon was more efficient at removing heat that the new enviromentaly friendly R-132. On a really hot day to make your a/c more efficient and to take the stress from it, drive for a mile or so with the windows down and roof open, while the a/c is on fan on full blast and air selected from the outside. this will cool off the interior surfaces faster than a/c. Then you can roll up your windows, close the sunroof and change the air intake to recirculate. This never failed, even on a 100

dofu
04-26-2004, 04:11 PM
aaahh... imagining how my car will be right now in this hot weather after i get my ac/heater working again... even tho your ac sucks, lucky you... you have ac...

DumbNewB
04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
My car actually makes some weird buzzing noise when the A/C is on....now my A/C doesnt even work and I live in the desert! So unfortunately.... im drving my sisters escalade till i get it fixed :cool:

oldschoolimport
04-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by DumbNewB
My car actually makes some weird buzzing noise when the A/C is on....now my A/C doesnt even work and I live in the desert! So unfortunately.... im drving my sisters escalade till i get it fixed :cool: thats what the 03 sounded like when the compressor went out. did it make the car bog and lose 10 mph when the compressor clutch kicked in?

iVtec si
04-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by DumbNewB
My car actually makes some weird buzzing noise when the A/C is on....now my A/C doesnt even work and I live in the desert! So unfortunately.... im drving my sisters escalade till i get it fixed :cool: dood I'm from Palm Springs/29 Palms , I miss the desert. I wanna move back!!

anyway, I had a friend who's a honda tech look at it and he said there is a leak and there is no more Freon so I just have to take it in to the dealer. I'm glad I'm still under warranty.

peace

Big Chrome H
04-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Your A/C problems could be a number of things. Your system could have a leak, it could be low on Freon 134A, or there might not be any Freon in the system. I know this because my section (at East Liberty) we're responsible filling the car with SUVA (refrigerant). There are time when we have those conditions stated above and we do our best to annotate the discrepancy and have the car repaired prior to shipment. Best thing you can do is go to your dealer and have it checked out.

2.25CrushBent
04-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by super_si_45
100% no probs here, works perfectly fine

(knocks on wood)

phantasia
04-27-2004, 10:19 PM
i think ive used a/c maybe 3 times in the past 2 years, but its always blown very cold and efficiently. even at low fan level, its FREEZING. i live near pittsburgh, pa.. our summers are hot, sticky and humid as hell. but i just love rollin with the windows and moonroof open. the only times ive used the a/c is in a sudden rainstorm or if im going somewhere nice and im dressed nice and my hair is nice, like out to dinner with my girl. otherwise, its windows and roof all the way.