PDA

View Full Version : $800, What do I do?

zeroz52
04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I have a dilema(can't spell), but a good one. I'm finally getting an Si very soon. I will have $800 left in my pocket after I sell my current LX, my question is what are your suggestions on what I should do with the money to my new SI? I was thinking about the D2 coilovers, but wanted to see what you all had to say. Thnx :D

PS: I already have rims for it.

Civicvtec1ps
04-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I am local.
Give me all your money for good.:)

First mod.
Suspension.
Lower it.

zeroz52
04-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Thnx for the post Civ, but I think I'll not just hand it over to you. Thnx for the offer though ;)

chris_air_force
04-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I would do the hondata reflash.

zeroz52
04-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Yeah ya gotta love hondata. This may be tough. :o

dj addicted
04-26-2004, 02:44 PM
depends.. 800 bucks you can do a lot to a stock car..

lowering springs
exhaust
intake (either CAI or SRI)

Those are what I would do

Coilovers are great.. but they tend to ride bumpier than just springs.. and I always ask this.. how many times do you think you will actually adjust your ride height? I went with Tein Springs.. they cost me 139 shipped to my door.. they lowered her 1 1/2 inches.. and the ride is great...

Intakes.. you can pick them up used very frequently by other members in here.

Exhaust... do your own research on this.. there are so many of them out there to choose from.

This is just my opinion though..

Si4U2NV
04-26-2004, 03:35 PM
invest it.

-Mike

Black 02 SI
04-26-2004, 04:50 PM
hondata, magnaflow, ebay intake(or used) low 15's all day :)

jaepoori
04-26-2004, 09:54 PM
if you plan to get exhaust, headers, intake, get hondata after those. It would help. If i were you i would either get tein basics or exhaust and intake.

oogy-boogy
04-26-2004, 10:10 PM
What's your driving style? Habits? like the twisties? Bling? Show? Go? Do a ton of highway driving? Like Loud exhausts? Quiet? Stock look?

Ask yourself all those Q's and hook up with some locals to check out their mods.....

THEN, buy what you want. You don't ever want to regret a purchase.

Btrthnezr3
04-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
What's your driving style? Habits? like the twisties? Bling? Show? Go? Do a ton of highway driving? Like Loud exhausts? Quiet? Stock look?

Ask yourself all those Q's and hook up with some locals to check out their mods.....

THEN, buy what you want. You don't ever want to regret a purchase.

Damn you Oogy!!! I was just about to say that but you had to get at it first didn't you?

Anyways, for my .02...if you are looking to make your Si just a fun car to drive on the street I'd go this route...
Eibach Prokit or Sportlines
Hondata

Maybe later,
Intake/Exhaust, System (if you are into that), tint/alarm, etc etc.
CTR Rear sway is a great suspension mod if you want a tighter feel also ;)
Good Luck man!

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-26-2004, 11:21 PM
get tein basic damper and slam it!

K20A3Si
04-26-2004, 11:39 PM
springs,shocks,rear sway bar, and front strut bar...thats what i would do.

zeroz52
04-27-2004, 12:19 AM
My car will mostly be a daily driver, highway 70miles round trip. But I love working on my car. I would get springs, but I dont want to worry about replacing my stock shocks when the go, and they will go, eventually. I will eventually have all if not most of the mods you all listed. I guess I'm asking where I should start. If I went suspension, should I go Springs, and then some other mods, or just start with full coilovers? Thnx for the replies BTW eventually I will have either turbo or SC, have not decided on that yet though.:D

zeroz52
04-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
invest it.

-Mike

I have 401K, which I put 9% into already plus my company matches 3% plus profit sharing, so this isnt money wasted, it's money I can have some fun with.:)

fsugatorbait
04-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by zeroz52
My car will mostly be a daily driver, highway 70miles round trip. But I love working on my car. I would get springs, but I dont want to worry about replacing my stock shocks when the go, and they will go, eventually. I will eventually have all if not most of the mods you all listed. I guess I'm asking where I should start. If I went suspension, should I go Springs, and then some other mods, or just start with full coilovers? Thnx for the replies BTW eventually I will have either turbo or SC, have not decided on that yet though.:D

I would recommend looking into the Tein Basics; a full coilover with good reviews. Personally if I knew I was going to eventually get a full setup, id skip the spring phase and save yourself some money. A good suspension setup takes care of looks and performance in one step. Definatly the way id spend the money. :cool:

jaepoori
04-27-2004, 05:28 PM
shouldnt there be a comma instead of a semi colon to indicate that the phrase is an appositive? cause it is not a complete sentence so the semi colon cannot be used. =)

k20hatch
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Save....and do what im doing in 2 weeks! ;) Na...Do up the suspension!

specialblend154
04-27-2004, 08:37 PM
go to the strip club

Stealth Wedgy
04-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Fold it over once and put it back in your pocket till you find something you want bad enough not to ask anyones else's opinion.

by the way, my opinion, an alarm all other mods need to be protected some how