PDA

View Full Version : anyone w/ neuspeed x-brace

2fastcivic
04-27-2004, 05:22 AM
anyone w/ neuspeed x-brace happy w/ what they got? i was looking to get the d3 double x-brace but it hangs just too low. and my car is dropped atleast 2.5in. maybe even lower. does the neuspeed hang low like the d3. anyone have problems w/ it scrappin?

rswbrixton
04-27-2004, 05:33 PM
I do have the Neuspeed x-brace , for about another week , and have been satisfied with its perfomance since i installed late last summer .

I am running with the Mugen suspesnion , since last fall , and yes even with the 1.25 - 1.5 inch drop I do catch the odd speed bump , raised bump etc with the neuspeed x brace . It is never an abrupt it , more like a grazing - scraping . It has not harmed the bar as far as welds go - just hell on the black finish of the bar .

The only area of the bar that takes the hits , as infrequent as they are , is the bolt points that fasten it to chassis under the motor . The tubular portions that let the bolt pass through are about 1 3/4 inch deep and with a car lowered 1" or more you do get that point of impact all the more obvious for the odd hit.

I have the double x brace from D3 Designs , construction is superior , welds are fantastic and reviews are positve . The D3 brace is a robust tubular steel design and its construction/design/shape may infact lend itself to me touching ground a little more often than that of the neuspeed brace . But its performance advantage coupled with my other mods should and will make the scraping a non issue . One just has to approach some speed bumps , bumps etc at a slight angle to clear double x properly .

The damage is only cosmetic . The benefits are driving bliss .

fASTBACK
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Well put rswbrixton. Read my review.

2fastcivic
04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
i read your post already fastback. i guess i cant get any type of x-brace at all. i really wanted the double x-brace too. i guess i will just have to settle for peformce front sway bar. thanks for the hlep.