PDA

View Full Version : Jdm

stingyboy
07-06-2002, 02:04 PM
when people refer to "JDM style", what are they talking about? this is my first honda and i'm in the dark.

SmoothOperator
07-06-2002, 02:13 PM
JDM refers to japanese OEM civics. For example.... The Type-R (in japan) has black lensed headlights. If you were to put those same headlights in one of our cars...it'd give it a JDM look.

The cars in North America are considered USDM. There are subtle differences between the JDM, and USDM cars styling. Lately the craze has been to convert USDM cars, so they look JDM.

Hope that gives you an idea....anyone else care to try??

stingyboy
07-06-2002, 02:30 PM
thanks. so if the craze is to go JDM then why are these same people knocking the appearance of our new Si's?? they are more JDM (and european) than ever before.

whatever, i love my new Si.

DownTheHatch
07-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Also, JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market, USDM is United States Domestic Market.

BlazeX12
07-06-2002, 05:30 PM
i always thought it was japan domestic motor, and untited states dosmestic motor, guess i was wrong, sounds better with market......thanx for the enlightenment

02TafWhtSi
07-06-2002, 07:26 PM
I just learned this recently - JDM can include both Japanese stock from the factory parts AND Japanese only sold aftermarket parts as well. For example, a legitimate Spoon or Mugen part is considered JDM.

K20NutBucket
07-07-2002, 12:33 PM
not to throw anyone off but technically speaking are cars where produced in the UK....type-r included. So wouldnt are cars be ukdm or something like that??

IceD out N CALI
07-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Usually JDM stuff looks better--its nothing new been going on for many years now (ie the 90-93 integras everyone wanted the JDM one piece headlights, or the clear sidemarker lights stuff etc)

vteclimey
07-08-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by K20NutBucket
not to throw anyone off but technically speaking are cars where produced in the UK....type-r included. So wouldnt are cars be ukdm or something like that??

It refers to the destination market.

JDM cars are cars made for the Jap market. UKDM are cars made for the UK market. etc...

The spec of the cars differs according to the market they are destined for.

Jesse02SI
07-08-2002, 08:35 AM
In my ohh so humble opinion.. JDM is the way to go not only are the parts made to much more stringent specs. 9 times out of 10.

Also True JDM parts will cost like 3 times more then usdm plus shipping... But well worth it...

I know on my car I will have almost all spoon or mugen.... there just HARDCORE and FAST

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 08:28 PM
my old car was jdm. my si will be too.....its just my style. heres some pics of the civic i just parted out.... http://photos.yahoo.com/civicracer1128 ironically its under new car pics...

2k2civicSi
07-09-2002, 08:56 PM
i like those black rims are those on your ep now?

civicracer1128
07-09-2002, 09:13 PM
actually im still in the process of selling the ex....but ya, i still got em and nobody can afford to buy em from me....so im thinking white ep with the black volks. i just might have to sell em to put up a little more for my down payment...so well see. but ya, those wheels with a fiberimage hood when they get around to making one and spoon rear spoiler and mirrors....possibly some CTR headlights and im good to go for jdm.

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 05:39 AM
What size shot are you using?

(nice set-up by the way!) http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_thumb.gif

civicracer1128
07-10-2002, 06:18 AM
i was running a 50 shot with just an intake and exhaust. all that stuffs sold now but im considering a similar setup if(more like when at this point) i get an si.

civicracer1128
07-10-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
What size shot are you using?

(nice set-up by the way!) http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_thumb.gif

o and, thanks for the compliment........damn i loved that setup.