PDA

View Full Version : KONI issues... please read...

IIx 03 EP xII
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
well... i took my car to the dealership for the 15k maintenance. i had had a clunking noise ever since i got my konis (about 5000 miles ago)... and i told them about it and they said they would check on it and see if they could fix it. so i called to check up on my car... and ivan (the tech) said that there were a few problems with the konis. first of all, he said the tie rod ends were loose... so he tightened those... but then he said that one of the bolts had fallen out of the bottom of the strut housing (which holds the insert in place in the housing)... and the other bolt was loose. this is crazy-ness. now the noise is so bad it makes me not want to drive my car. the dealership told me to take it back to the installer... so i did, and the guys up at auto obsessions are great and they are gonna try to squeeze me in tomorrow. so i dont know what to do. i dont want to be driving down the road and have my struts fall out or something... im so lost and confused. is it safe to drive? i drove it home w/ no problems besides the LOUD knocking/clunking noise, but that was probably just the struts moving around in the housings. help me out my fellow ephatchers!!

K20A3Si
04-27-2004, 05:06 PM
great thread.....i am sorry about the problem you are facing...everyone with koni's should get there suspesion re-torqued if you are having noise issues..i did..thanks again preston for this information and hope everything works out for the suspension;)