PDA

View Full Version : The Last Time I Park Near People

DarkSiRacer
04-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Today I got out of class and went home to wash my car. And what did I find on my rear drivers side fender... I found what looks like a keying. Its not justa scratch its as if someone initially pushed a sharp object into the panel because there is a dent, then the marks are like a scribble of irregular circles an inch wide. Thats the last time I park near people... I'ma start parking with the M3 out in the middle of the parking lot.

Sorry its long but I have many dings and scratches and this one pushed me over the edge

spider883
04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
last month i went in to shop for some grocerys and i came out and someone had backed into my car...1149 bucks later everything was fixed

phantasia
04-27-2004, 09:02 PM
park your ep away from everybody and everything. too many haters out there who are either jealous, careless or have no idea of what an ep3 is (surely of what it means to you) to park even remotely near anybody else. i park mine 3 miles away everywhere i go. you can always rely upon the laziness of people not to walk that extra minute or two from their car to bother parking near you if you take the spot farthest from where you go. i know its stupid to worry about where you park a honda civic, its not even remotely exotic or expensive or anything, but still.. its your baby and you want her flawless or damn near it. people never cease to amaze me with sheer ignorance, stupidity, laziness or carelessness. park your lil wedge as far away as you possibly can. dont give the m3 too much credit either. peeps with those cars often are not really enthusiasts who will care about your car, more likely spoiled rich kids that dont give a fuck about anything, even their own ride, and will have no qualms about smacking your little one with a door. stay away from any old people cars as well (buicks, caddys, etc.) as they truly dont care/know what the hell they are doing. if you have to park by anything, pick out either a really nice, clean, waxed older car, like an old mustang, vette, hot rod, 70's benz, etc. at least you know those peeps usually have some respect.

ntense-visions
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Yea, some people are assholes and careless. I went to wal-mart one day when I had my 99 ebp si and someone backed into me and just left. I was pissed when I came out. Oh well, that's what insurance is for. Still sucks though when you try so hard to keep it from having to be repainted and having bodywork done to it.

spider883
04-27-2004, 09:14 PM
i was parked 5 spots away from everyone when it happened and the person left to.. no note or anything.. only 250 deduct on insurace so it didnt hurt to bad but still

YooShin
04-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I feel your pain. I gave up a long time ago. I still take some precaution when parking at work but it's at my apartments is where I get it the most. My once nice Vivid Blue is all beat up. I even got a nice, now rusty, dent on the driver door that I keep putting off to get fixed, mainly because I can't quite hold on to the $500 needed for my deductable. I'll try to get a good nasty shot of it and show yall tomorrow. It's amazing to, when you see much nicer and exspensive cars, especially the large ass luxuary SUVs, parked all funky and they never have a ding. For example, there's this Esalade ESV that parks like shit all the time at my apts and It has not a single nick.

phantasia
04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
dude its an escalade ext or whatever. who cares. its a 50 grand waste of cash. a retarded "pickup" truck of dubious quality, cheap, cavalier-quality materials, POOR fit/finish and equipment, and a horrible reliablility record to boot. (feel free to check consumer reports) it sucks down barely 12 miles per gallon on average, on premium gas. its absolutely stupid.

think of it this way. if you had that amount of cash to blow on a vehicle, would u blow it all on a moronic, useless "truck" that can barely haul its own weight, being built as cheaply as possible, using the LOWEST grade materials in the industry (the leather is even below hyundai/kia in quality, that exists only as a status symbol to 1)inner city youth and 2)white-bred suburbanites?

fuck that.

stocksi22
04-27-2004, 10:00 PM
actually there are escalade esv's...they are the bigger version of the escalade..i think they are the same size as the suburban...

just helpin ya out;)

ATRIOT
04-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I hate mall parking lots, its like dropping of your kid at a daycare run by pedophiles. :yellm:

phantasia
04-27-2004, 10:28 PM
oh yeah... that piece of junk is based upon that other monstrosity, the chevy avalanche. beware of vehicle rollover in all situations. pass that shit and leave it far behind!!! gm sucks. if youre going to go domestic, go ford. at least you got mazda engines on half of those mofos. plus they have some decent cars/trucks for regular folks. taurus, focus, f-150, all are decent rides, for what its worth.

HondCivc91
04-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Same with me with my '91 Civic Hatch, it just seems to be an ownership thing. Regardless if the thing is old and it's a Civic, I still love it and always want it to look great. I park all the way out in parking lots and my mom and g/f always bitch about how far out I park and why I back into spaces and get as close to curbs as I can. What's an extra half minute walk anyway? It's g'damn excersize!

Sometimes if I find another car parked far out taking up two spaces with the wheels cut a lil' I'll park the same but about 2-3 spots away... and people have done the same to my car - I have respect for that. the way I see it is that in my life right now my car is believe it or not the most valued thing I own ... later in life I'll have a home. Personally, I love taking care of what I own, it seems to be not too many other people do.

- Martin

KimchiBoy_TypeR
04-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Screw that crap man!!! Im just going to install a big ass plastic explosive on my car with a impact sensor so when ever anybody scratches my car, or backs into it, it will detonate and obliterate every thing in a 30 yard span. :mad: That will teach them;)

DarkSiRacer
04-28-2004, 12:25 AM
phantasia, I'm not parking next to the M3 either, I just see him parked wayyyy out there... I'm just following his example but i dont trust him either.

There ARE a lot of HATERS on the EP... I can't decide is some scratches are haters or it was truely an accident.

SiBoy
04-28-2004, 12:52 AM
At my school parking lot it's realy cramped. This one day i parked pefectly in the middle giving ample room for both sides, then some rapist like van parks really close to me. The drivers only way of getting out was through the passenger side door, so i wrote a note and i put "learn how to fucking park u stupid bitch" and left. Everyone was looking at me as i put the note on his/her windshield.

STP03BlueSI
04-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I have ended up with 2 dents, and someone decided to key my car from the doorhandle to the gas tank.:(

Luckly workin at a dealership we have a dent guy come by. So only have about 100 in body repairs.

k20hatch
04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Ya man i had two dents on my door. I parked at best buy WAYYYYY out in the parking lot to.

Type X
04-28-2004, 03:19 PM
my car was dented pretty bad last friday
i cam eout of work and a HUGE door ding on the drivers door :(

few months ago i came out of the parking lot and i have a dent on my rear 1/4
and from the shitty winter my front bumper needs a repaint

all that is gonna cost me 600 bux :(
and i drop the car off monday and it sits in the shop for a week

only thing i mind is that i keep the car nice but when some jackoff hits it or dents it
it comes out of my pocket to get it fixed

:rolleyes:

SiR_d1
04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm still greatlfull that I don't have any dents as of yet :knock on wood: because my last car was fuckin dent city

pLopSI
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm up to two dents as of now, both on the passenger's side. When somebody parks way too freakin close to my car, and it's too dark out to tell if they dinged my car, the car next to me will end up gettin a huge footprint in it.:mad:

beechstreet
04-29-2004, 01:59 PM
ive been pretty lucky with dents. out of the 4 vehicles i've personally owned, and my parents vehicles, we've never had someone dent anything.

Some old guy once walked by my pop's suburban pushing a shopping cart and left a phat scratch from the gas tank to right behind the headlights. My dad got out, started tellin the old man off, so the old man calls the cops, cops show up, my dad tells his side of the story, and the cops tell my dad to leave and "stop harassing" the old guy.

:rolleyes: