PDA

View Full Version : n e one no where to get jdm door panels

maxflip311
04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
looking for the red inserts or the actual door panel of a jdm type r ep3 let me know if u know where i can find it besides ebay lol

sidriverep3
05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
ive been looking for some for the longest time...tell me if u find any

k20whiteboi269
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
type x got his panels from malaysia... maybe he has a source??

sidriverep3
05-13-2004, 04:55 PM
well...if ur there...type x do u have a source?

haha...would be greatly appreciated...i kinda just wanted the inserts tho...money is a big thing with me right now...trying to fit in JRSC and aem cold air...yes...changed my mind again about the brand...lol

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 05:12 PM
you cant get jus the inserts.
the whole door panel is one piece. so youd have to swap everything on ur door panels from usdm to jdm, and you woudl have your locking switch on the pasenger side door.

Type X
05-14-2004, 10:13 AM
i had mine sent from malaysia
if you want his Email address lemme know

the doorpanels are 300 shipped from malaysia to the US

there are no "red inserts"

they dont pop out and for them to be recovered its very very hard
i already had looked into this since unlike the older 99-00 panels there is nowhere to "tuck in" the fabric
in the panel

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-17-2004, 11:55 PM
i heard u can get ur us doors done in the same material like the jdm in red for like 70 bucks a door or sumthin.. dunno where though. ive seen people done this b4... looks just as good as the jdm/uk ones

Type X
05-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
i heard u can get ur us doors done in the same material like the jdm in red for like 70 bucks a door or sumthin.. dunno where though. ive seen people done this b4... looks just as good as the jdm/uk ones

no genuine recaro fabric, depending on the quality of the shop
u risk it coming off etc etc
oem > inteiror shop :)

Ep3 No.2
05-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Type X
no genuine recaro fabric, depending on the quality of the shop
u risk it coming off etc etc
oem > inteiror shop :)

yah but 140>300
ur jus a jdm whore mike =OP

fsugatorbait
05-18-2004, 09:53 AM
There is a guy on ebay selling black fabric with red stitching that matches the seats that I had in my black EP. I had to drill out the plastic welds that held on the arm rest and than had to remove the stock cloth. Than you have to use a spray on adhesive to both fabric and door panel and carefully line it up. It took sometime and didnt come out perfect but its an alternative to the real deal. Im sure the same guy on ebay could source the red fabric that is close enough to the JDM color. Worth a shot, just leaving my .02.

2fastcivic
05-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
There is a guy on ebay selling black fabric with red stitching that matches the seats that I had in my black EP. I had to drill out the plastic welds that held on the arm rest and than had to remove the stock cloth. Than you have to use a spray on adhesive to both fabric and door panel and carefully line it up. It took sometime and didnt come out perfect but its an alternative to the real deal. Im sure the same guy on ebay could source the red fabric that is close enough to the JDM color. Worth a shot, just leaving my .02.

got any pics of it??

fsugatorbait
05-19-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by 2fastcivic
got any pics of it??

Here's the auction for it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33705&item=2479095800&rd=1

Here are a couple shitty pics...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMjY0NzQ2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMjY0NzQ3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

2fastcivic
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
how hard was it to take off the fabric part of the door panel to change it out? when you put it back together, did it look like new or you can see flaws?

fsugatorbait
05-19-2004, 11:27 AM
There were a few noticable flaws, but nothing that stood out. It probably took about a couple hours from start to finish.