PDA

View Full Version : PIAAs on TireRack

Spitfire
04-27-2004, 10:23 PM
TireRack has the 1157 bulbs listed for the parking lights, but from everything I've picked up here, it should probably be the 168s. They might be exchanging mine for no cost, dunno if they're going to change their site or not.

Figured it might keep some of you from making the same mistake...

BarracksSi
05-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, they're off on this one. They're usually pretty good about listing what fits, but not this time (out of, what, thousands of other fitment data?).

Spitfire
05-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Ugh. I got these Xtreme Whites because I wanted performance. They don't seem any better than my stock bulbs. Plus the blue (I Wish I Was HID But I'm Not) is kinda ricey. Not what I wanted at all.

Anyone know of a set of bulbs to get for excellent distance vision? I'd rather not replace the harness, but I will if I gotta. I over drive my headlights and it's kinda scary, what with the local wildlife. :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna buy a set of PIAA Xtreme Whites (H4s and 168s)?

BarracksSi
05-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire
Ugh. I got these Xtreme Whites because I wanted performance. They don't seem any better than my stock bulbs. Plus the blue (I Wish I Was HID But I'm Not) is kinda ricey. Not what I wanted at all.

I got a set of bluish bulbs from Target, and although the wattage was the same as stock, they just didn't measure up to the stock bulbs. It makes sense, since adding dye to the glass certainly doesn't let MORE light through.

Probably the only brand I've seen get near-constant praise on here has been Sylvania's SilverStar series. I'd rather get HID myself, too, but I'd have to save up for them, and I'm not the type to drop a bunch of cash on regular filament bulbs.