PDA

View Full Version : Need help!! Carbon Fiber cracks and scratches

ep3k20a03
04-27-2004, 11:04 PM
I just bought a VIS CF hood that has some scratches and cracks and was wondering if anyone knows of any quick fixes for this. got it pretty cheap so i didn't mind the scratches and cracks, but would like to fix the problem if it is possible.

oogy-boogy
04-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Possibly wetsanding with some 2000 grit for the surface scratches? Maybe some extra resin for the cracks?

Ep3 No.2
04-28-2004, 11:37 AM
yah if it starts to get worse use a lil bit of resin and seal up the cracks.

thats the bad thing about carbon fiber. once something gets scratched or cracked you cant fix it =O(. another fix is that you could paint over the whole thing.

ep3k20a03
04-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Possibly wetsanding with some 2000 grit for the surface scratches? Maybe some extra resin for the cracks?

i kinda new at this...so sorry if this sound dumb. once i apply the resin, do i need to sand it or what are the processes that are involved?

oogy-boogy
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ep3k20a03
i kinda new at this...so sorry if this sound dumb. once i apply the resin, do i need to sand it or what are the processes that are involved?

Honestly, I would try calling some local Motorcycle/Bike speedshops as I'm sure they're very familiar with carbon fiber.

That was just my hypothesis :)