PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about sprayin

Black04EP3
04-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Im am really considering spraying in my 04 EP3... i just have a few questions and concerns...

The kit that i am looking to get is a NX kit w/ genx-2 and it comes with:

bottle, bottle gauge,
bottle heater( relay, pressure sensor)
bottle brackets
blow down tube,
main feed line
nitrous and purge solenoids fuel solenoids
the T for the fuel line, w/ c clamps, the fuel pressure regulator
all the steel braided hose for the fuel and nitrous
shark nozzle, 35.50.75 shots
the main relay
WOT switch
2 12volt switchs and a push button switch for purge
a spool of 14 guage wire.

Is this everything that I need to put the kit on a start driving? or am i missing some components...
What would be a reasonable price to pay for this kit?
All i have right now is cold air intake... anyone else sprayin?... what are your times...
Im only going to start out wit the 35 shot... do i need internals for a 35 or even a fifty?
HOw is the installation for a kit like this... could i Do it myself?
Thanx....
Jason

Si3
04-28-2004, 07:52 AM
sounds like everything you need to start...

stock internals should be fine for a 35 or 50 shot, but obviously it will create more wear and tear on your engine.

You have an '04 might want to consider waiting until atleast 10k before you start spraying... give engine pleny of break in time...

installation is not that difficult (reference last month's issue of super street, they had a step-by-step install guide)

And just a little advice, if a local authority find nitrous in your car it will be immedaitely impounded. Nitrous is considered a controlled substance right next to cocaine, pot, & heroin. so you might want to keep it in your car for track days only.

-aj-

Black04EP3
04-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Yea my car has 8,500 right now... and i was planning on just doing the install and gettin it all working within the next couple of months.. i got my car in Feb... and with 8500 miles... in two monthsi should have a at least 10,000... I'm already going to have to take out the bottle everyday becasue i cant let my mom find out.. im gonna have to hide the bottle in my closest lol... but i didnt kno that that was true about Nitrous... is that in the US or is that just in certain states....

SiMecoming
04-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Install is relatively easy esp if you have an AEM fuel rail that has the two ports for a nice clean nitrous install. Or when poweraid releases their throttle body spacer this summer it also has two power ports they call it for a nitrous application and a pressure guage. My personal opionion i like nice clean installs hate having to cut holes in tubing and hope it turns out nicely. Also hey if you havent bought your N/X kit yet i have a 150 shot from N/X never opened or used i could sell you but no gen x sorry... :(

Si4U2NV
04-28-2004, 04:46 PM
why are there two threads on this?

-Mike

Black04EP3
04-29-2004, 05:17 AM
yea.. i wouldnt want to ghetto rig it either... especially not somethin like nitrous.. 150? yea right... theres no way i would put a 150 shot in my car... sorry bro.. just curious tho... how much are you selling that for?

I made two threads about this so that i could get only Florida opinions... and then i posted here so i could get everyone elses...

EtherGhost
04-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Si3, why would automotive nitrous be considered a controlled substance? It is true that pure nitrous is controlled (dental quality), but automotive nitrous is laced with hydrogen sulfide, so you can't inhale it.

SiMecoming
04-29-2004, 09:03 AM
The 150 shot is adjustable from 15-150 but anyways 535 shipped

Black04EP3
04-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Whats included in the kit? Im just really worried about blowin up my engnie... im not supposed to have any mods done to my car.. the only thing my mom is goign to know about is the exterior.. wheels.. body etc. but no engine work... It is easy to reove and attatch the bottle? i would need to remove it right away... Where do the supports for the bottle mount to?

SiMecoming
04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Its the same thing as the 75 shot you were going to get but with added nozzles. BOttle mounts to two rings that mount at the back of your car with the knob facing forward......ya its easy to remove, shut the valve and take it out of the holder and its gone

Si3
04-29-2004, 11:05 AM
EtherGhost-

i dont know why?! i was talking to local cop, who is a friend, mentioned that one day i might spray in my car..

after dealing with several minutes of 2F2F jokes, he let me know that has impounded several cars for having N20 because of that fact its a controlled substance (and legally, its put next to hard drugs)

Although they generally dont treat it as coke or heroin (let you off with a fine and probation) if they catch you racing or cop/judge is in a shitty mode you could catch the wrath!

Not sure if these laws only apply to Illinois, but i doubt it.

-aj-

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Si3
EtherGhost-

i dont know why?! i was talking to local cop, who is a friend, mentioned that one day i might spray in my car..

after dealing with several minutes of 2F2F jokes, he let me know that has impounded several cars for having N20 because of that fact its a controlled substance (and legally, its put next to hard drugs)

Although they generally dont treat it as coke or heroin (let you off with a fine and probation) if they catch you racing or cop/judge is in a shitty mode you could catch the wrath!

Not sure if these laws only apply to Illinois, but i doubt it.

-aj-

That sounds a bit extreme, in NJ all you do is apply for a permit to handle N2O, takes a couple weeks then you're legit. Most places will ask for the permit before they fill your tank. I beleive the law states that N2O is legal for use in automotive applications but cannot be used on the street (ie: bottle must be turned off). Automotive grade N2O can be sold, but only to adults.