PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 or Stage 2 Turbo

SiMecoming
04-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Well guys im about to buy my turbo from Cybernation but im debating on getting the Stage 1 or Stage 2. I know the only real difference is the added pistons and rods and electrical equipment and the possible larger turbo. I only ask because i actually plan on doing a build up with a k24 block boring it out a little bit and porting an A2 head int he no so distant future. So im going to have custom pistons and rods for that combo. But it doesnt hurt to have a semi built k20a3 as a back up. Also this turbo is going to be used on the new modded k24a2 engine. Money really isnt an option its only about a 1000 bucks difference and i will be doing the install myself with the supervision of professionals so no cost to me at all. So i would like all of your opinions onmy situation.
Thanx! :)

ep_nezay
04-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SiMecoming
Well guys im about to buy my turbo from Cybernation but im debating on getting the Stage 1 or Stage 2. I know the only real difference is the added pistons and rods and electrical equipment and the possible larger turbo. I only ask because i actually plan on doing a build up with a k24 block boring it out a little bit and porting an A2 head int he no so distant future. So im going to have custom pistons and rods for that combo. But it doesnt hurt to have a semi built k20a3 as a back up. Also this turbo is going to be used on the new modded k24a2 engine. 1) Money really isnt an option its only about a 1000 bucks difference and i will be doing the install myself with the supervision of professionals so no cost to me at all. So i would like all of your opinions onmy situation.
Thanx! :)

Seems like you answered your own question.

If it was me, I would put my money together that would be spent on 2 motors and spend it all on 1 motor.
If its built right, you shouldnt need another back motor. :)

dj addicted
04-29-2004, 12:41 PM
the stage II would be nice because it does replace the pistons and rods than can handle higher boost. This means that the stage I maxs out at about 8PSI.. well, the stage II, you could run 10PSI all day long with no problems because of the pistons and rods. Then you wont have to worry about pushing your motor too hard.

This is what I would do (If money was no object)

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-29-2004, 02:04 PM
how fast do you wanna go?

how often do you race?

SiMecoming
04-29-2004, 03:34 PM
whip lash fast. I race often plan on going to the track and racing this ep once its done....but see can only get soo much power b4 traction becomes an issue..........

Turbo Tony
04-30-2004, 11:42 PM
I say stage II