PDA

View Full Version : S2000? New Car? For me?

swampdonkey
04-28-2004, 11:40 AM
I may be trading my ep for one. Just wanted to tell everybody and maybe get some opinions. I looked at one a couple days ago (red with black interior) and I wanted to buy it right then. Right now I'm just thinking it over....oh yeah I'd be buying it used so thats another thing to consider.

psylovibe
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
s2000 is nice ride. My friend bought one couple months ago I drove it and i loved it. Just that there is like no leg room if your tall. Big difference and the s2000 looks great.Either way you go you wont lose!red is hot btw.

Ep3 No.2
04-28-2004, 12:09 PM
on the s2k i love how low to the ground you are ! man o man i was in love. but 40 though sticker for a new 04... no thank you =O(

speedking604
04-28-2004, 12:11 PM
why do you want s2000 when you can make the hatchback run twice faster as the s2000??? plus insurance is so damn expensive.

VividDreams
04-28-2004, 12:29 PM
:rolleyes:

how many time do i have to say it

THE S2000 IS NOT A DRAG CAR!!

its made for handling

speedking604
04-28-2004, 12:31 PM
well, if you can afford it then go for it but i'm sure you wont be happy for the price and ending up so bored.

VBSI
04-28-2004, 02:22 PM
I nearly bought a black one before the Si. I couldn't stand how small it was, though it felt bad-ass at the same time. It's a tough call, you will see a jump in insurance, but higher resale at the end. There is no doubt you are gaining performance over the Si and cool points over it too. I don't know why people are hating on your decision..it isn't like you were considering an SRT-4 like I was at one time.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-28-2004, 02:41 PM
If my legs fit under the steering wheel I'd probably be driving one right now...I settled for the Si when I couldnt fit in the S2K.

Stoop
04-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Why would anyone want to buy a used one? The car was made as a sports car. I'm sure 90% of the used ones out there have been raped hard for most of their miles because the cars were meant to be driven. No thank you, I'll take new please if I ever went that route.:o

Otherwise, if you can afford it and are seriously interested, I say go for it.

freidaddy
04-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Before I got my ep, I was planning on a s2000 or a del sol(don't laugh) with major mods, but I got the EY ep and love it.

BSEVEER
04-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by speedking604
why do you want s2000 when you can make the hatchback run twice faster as the s2000??? plus insurance is so damn expensive.

Twice faster? How do you do that?:confusem:

2.0L Monster
04-28-2004, 04:50 PM
When I drove an S2000 I got the feeling that if I crashed it, the airbag would hit me right in the nuts.

2pointslowEP3
04-28-2004, 05:05 PM
for the money...s2000 is definitely not worth it. get an a4 1.8t or something along those lines. an sti, evo, or even a used m3 would be better choices than the s2000.

RMC22
04-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 2pointslowEP3
for the money...s2000 is definitely not worth it. get an a4 1.8t or something along those lines. an sti, evo, or even a used m3 would be better choices than the s2000.

I've seen Stis go for around 28.5 new. A steal if you ask me.

HondCivc91
04-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 2.0L Monster
When I drove an S2000 I got the feeling that if I crashed it, the airbag would hit me right in the nuts.

Yeah, definatley. I sat in one in the showroom and I kinda' felt like it was a deathtrap ...it felt like everything seemed to wrap around me and if anyone were to ever get into an accident they'd be pretty much done.

JaycivicSi
04-28-2004, 05:57 PM
"but 40 though sticker for a new 04"

what dealerships have you been looking at? i live in ct so maybe the prices are different where we live. my pops might be getting one for i think 33,000, i could be wrong on the price but its nowhere near 40,000.
anyways, if have the chance go for it man, shit is rediculous.

Spitfire
04-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HondCivc91
Yeah, definatley. I sat in one in the showroom and I kinda' felt like it was a deathtrap ...it felt like everything seemed to wrap around me and if anyone were to ever get into an accident they'd be pretty much done.

Welcome to small cars... Safety measures continually improve, but there's only so much you can do with so little vehicle.

Safer than being on a bike, anyway... :D

BarracksSi
04-28-2004, 08:00 PM
If I had the space & cash for a second car, I'd REALLY like an S2000. But, I just can't use one as my main vehicle, especially with being a tuba player.

If your lusty side & your practical side can agree, then why not go for it?

RMC22
04-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by JaycivicSi
"but 40 though sticker for a new 04"

what dealerships have you been looking at? i live in ct so maybe the prices are different where we live. my pops might be getting one for i think 33,000, i could be wrong on the price but its nowhere near 40,000.
anyways, if have the chance go for it man, shit is rediculous.

He's from Cali, so it makes sense. 32-33 something around here

VividDreams
04-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by StoopSi
I'm sure 90% of the used ones out there have been raped hard for most of their miles because the cars were meant to be driven.

i dont agree with you on that, a lot of them, if not most, are bought by middle aged men who are going through a mid-life crisis and need it. they only want it for the aura it gives.

i do agree though that i would want a new one over a used one.

Sirone
04-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by HondCivc91

Long before I bought My Si, I test drove a miata. My god It felt fast and nice, but the first SUV that passed by me freaked me out.

I drove by a miata today and thought, my god that thing is tiny. The s2000 is atleast a little bigger. But ya. Small cars no matter what the safety equipment won't save you from sokkermama's Sport Utility Killer

ep3sucks
04-28-2004, 11:42 PM
i drove one, and wow that thing is a sex.
i loved how it shifts and the smooth handling.
but i thought where am i gonna put my snowboard during season?
drive with my top down with my girl in the car, going up on the cold breezing mountain? no way~

by size matter,
for me being 5'8", that was 'just right' feeling.

woo~ i still get the chill when i pass by one

BarracksSi
04-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
i dont agree with you on that, a lot of them, if not most, are bought by middle aged men who are going through a mid-life crisis and need it. they only want it for the aura it gives.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if I've seen an S2K without gray hair behind the wheel (that might be because of my neighborhood, too). The people with the room for a for-fun-only car like that often don't want to thrash the hell out of it, either.

On the other hand, if I got a hold of one...... ;)

Jaypee
04-29-2004, 12:32 AM
for that price, I would eithe get STI or Evo 8.

Karim
04-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
on the s2k i love how low to the ground you are ! man o man i was in love. but 40 though sticker for a new 04... no thank you =O(

Save yourself almost 10 grand http://marketplace.s2ki.com/docs/2004S2000/index.php

Swamp I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone else...
Starting with the bad, if you have no need for a practical car in your life or have a friend who is always willing to lend a hand for carrying things then consider the S. Otherwise it's not the right car. If you normally haul more than 1 person your out of luck or if you carry a lot of luggage or haul stuff it's not a smart choice. Example I took my car to get the new rear tires mounted the other day. I had to take out the stock tool kit out of the trunk and put 1 tire in there and take 1 in the passanger seat. Insurace will be expensive and your gonna take a hit on gas since the car only likes 91 and above. Your tire cost will go up, the stock S02 wear fairly quickly in the rear and they aren't cheap. 9k rpms is fun but tell you the truth it does get old after a while or once you get used to it.

On the other hand it's a joy to drive. I've had mine for about a yr now and put 15k on it. Summer nights are always great and you really do enjoy senic drives a lot more :) Good gas milage under vtec in the city and stuff. I avge 22-26 depending on the amount of freeway driving, vtecing, and if the top is up or down. On the track it falls to crap since your 6-9k most of the whole time but it's nice. That is one of the best things about this car, you can normally drive it during the week then make a few minor changes and have a very capable track/autocross car. Wonderfully setup interior with everyhting right at your finger tips. Chicks dig it :D The community is beyond awesome and there are a ton of things you can do to this car. Everyone should have a car like this at least once in their life time.

Buying used isn't a big problem as long as you find one thats been well maintained which isn't very hard. I have quite a few friends who picked up used ones for great deals and haven't ran into one problem. The For Sale Section on www.s2ki.com or if there is one your local s2ki community on the forum would be another great place to check. S2ki.com is also a great board with everything you'll ever need to know about this car.

Lets see if this pic works...
http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/82540/1

more pics to gawk at can be found here
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202132
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183608&highlight=fast+lap
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2303399#post2303399 errr scroll up to the top then back down to see all thep ics

If you ever have any quesitons or anyhting feel free to drop me a PM or an email and we'll talk.

Karim

goy091
04-29-2004, 02:01 AM
you get the S2000 for the drop top and it being a sports roadster, can't get that with an STI or Evo. it's not only about how fast the car goes, but what it feels like driving it.

if you can afford it, don't need a practical car, i'd def get it. being here in socal i couldnt think of anything better. summer + convertable S2k + hot chick in the passanger seat. :D

oh yea the car is not for big ppl. im 5 foot 7, yea im short, that what you get for being japanes, and it fits me like a glove. i couldnt really see anyone over like 6ft being comfortable in the car.

SONIC SI
04-29-2004, 04:26 AM
Man how I would love to own an S2K but the insurace would be a bit high.

VividDreams
04-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Jaypee
for that price, I would eithe get STI or Evo 8. :rolleyes: not another one...

On the other hand, if I got a hold of one......

i hear ya!

you get the S2000 for the drop top and it being a sports roadster, can't get that with an STI or Evo. it's not only about how fast the car goes, but what it feels like driving it.

THANK YOU!

evilep3
04-30-2004, 01:04 AM
i dont know why people were complaining about how small they are. i am 6'5" and i fit just fine and i would love it btw.:D

http://webpages.charter.net/calvinlogic/pics/hin/252.jpg

just think of the possibilities!!!:cool:

http://webpages.charter.net/calvinlogic/pics/hin/132.jpg

Ep3 No.2
04-30-2004, 01:19 AM
possibilities = lots of money lol

VividDreams
04-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
possibilities = lots of money lol

lol, how true, how true:D

redronin22
05-01-2004, 09:28 AM
The car does fit like a friggin glove. im 5-7 and it feels so snug. aWESOME CAR

graham
05-01-2004, 12:07 PM
A friend just bought an '02 S2000 ... red with black interior with 25,000kms on it. Great deal. It's prestine. Get this though ... the insurance on it is cheaper than his 1999 integra type-r ... and about what I pay for my SiR.

He just had it dyno'd ... 205 to the wheels. It will be a hell of a lot more when he installs his comptech charger with aftercooler :)

redronin22
05-01-2004, 01:22 PM
yea with s2ks u cant do much to the motor for power aside from FI.
I've seen a spoon s2k dyno less than stock till damn near redline.

Comptech S/c is the way to go for power in an s2k

VividDreams
05-02-2004, 12:00 AM
but, with the S2, you dont NEED a lot of power to have fun

Jaypee
05-02-2004, 12:15 AM
okay I think that's enough about S2000. Let's continue talking about our awesome EP3!

Holla~

speedking604
05-02-2004, 04:17 PM
i agree

bigace
05-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Here's my opinion; I have the '02 SI and I really, really like it.. .pretty much everything about it is great, its a really well done package, and the tuner potential is amazing. I really like the Honda method of doing things as it relates to powerplants, power delivery, engine management, ergonomics, etc.. I love the seats, the steering wheel..You get the idea -- But I always say, if I had it my way, the car would have these things, stock:
- Rear Wheel Drive
- Lower/stiffer
- More a classic sports car look
- Maybe more power thrown into the mix...

...that's an S2000, my next car for sure.

Ace

speedking604
05-03-2004, 12:02 AM
i'd rather get the evo 8

redronin22
05-03-2004, 06:32 AM
My dream car = nsx-r replica

sigh...

Used nsx (92)25k+-35k
Bumper conversion: 5k
seats/interior: 2k
Rims:2.5k

too bad its gonna be awhile till i can get it. Till then my pblack an white EP will do just fine.

redronin22
05-03-2004, 06:32 AM
My dream car = nsx-r replica

sigh...

Used nsx (92)25k+-35k
Bumper conversion: 5k
seats/interior: 2k
Rims:2.5k

too bad its gonna be awhile till i can get it. Till then my pblack an white EP will do just fine.