PDA

View Full Version : Messed up now it looks like i might have to sell the EP

DrtyTexan
04-28-2004, 07:44 PM
i got caught speeding 65 in a 45. now im afraid the judge wont drop it 1 mph down to speeding instead or reckless. if he doesnt drop it down 1 mph im goin to have to sell my baby. im crushed:'( . i just hope the cop makes sures to tell him that i thought the speed limit was dif and that i was super nice. that is all my court date is the 12th wish me luck:'(

psylovibe
04-28-2004, 07:48 PM
your selling the car because of one ticket? or do you have many more than that.

DrtyTexan
04-28-2004, 07:50 PM
no i have a regular ticket i got last year in md. and the people around here are thinkin my lisence is goin to be suspended and if that happens theres no way for me to get to my job meanin i cant pay my payment. PLUS my insurance will go up.

ALCT
04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
you won't have to see the judge, court days are always too busy, what's going to happen is the cop who gave you the ticket will be there and when its your turn he will announce your name, pull you aside to talk to you privately, he'll ask you why you didn't plea guilty. be honest and nicely do the sweet talk, tell him that you were in a hurry and you won't speed ever again blah blah blah. trust me I got caught many times and this one time 105 in a 55 and I walked away with a seat belt ticket.
question: Was he an asshole? if yes that changes everything, in that case just shut up and start praying :D good luck.

PAPITUYO326
04-28-2004, 08:42 PM
in florida we can take a drivers improvement course to keep us from getting points .....do they do that where ur from...if so thatd be ur best option. yd he give u reckless? were u weaving?? racing??? if not man...then get urself a 50 dollars lawyer and make sure that he doenst get paid unless you win..chances are (since its not that serious of an offense)...hell win

SubliminalSi
04-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Ah come on, it cant be that bad. I had 4 tickets last year, and still one pending. You can get the money somehow

RMC22
04-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Okay, fool... listen and learn from me. You are 19, you are under your parents insurance.. I have the solution to make your insurance NOT go up (until you are out from under your parents wing until 25 of course)
Mar 03 - speeding ticket 56 in a 35.
Result: Driving school and $125 ticket.
Aug 03 - speeding ticket 92 in a 45. reckless driving , speeding ticket.
Result: Lawyer (suck it up buddy, i fucked up, you fucked up, pay the man the fees itll save you from having to lube your pooper) got the reckless driving dropped and all i had was a speeding ticket.
900 dollars in lawyer fees, 125 in tickets, 4 more hours of safe driving class, and 6 months of supervision later, I have the same insurance rates as before until I go to get insurance on my own, where the speeding ticket will pay a toll. However, no ticket says where it happens when its on your record.. it just says the penalty. For example, you couldn't tell if i was speeding on a highway or on the backroad that I was.

Trust me man, just learn from it. Yes it's easy to bitch but suck it up and learn. Since the incident (which I was lucky to not have caused any accident of any sort) I am now a grandma driver who pays more attention to daily driving. Now I'm the guy who bitches and gets pissed at all the people bending the law almost hitting me.

To make it short...
1. Get yourself a lawyer
2. Have your lawyer try to drop the reckless or the speeding (reckless driving is the same as a dui in my state penalty wise) and look for an alternative like mine. Traffic school and supervision.
3. Slow down and be safe.
4. Keep the EP.

Get a lawyer get a lawyer get a lawyer.
And good job on being nice to the cop, makes a difference in the long run. You do know serious traffic violation such as reckless driving can be criminal right.. criminal misdemeanor.

Edit: I bet you your EP that the judge doesn't drop it 1 mph. Judges don't change violations, they determine the facts and interpret the law to you and then serve you your consequence on a silver platter.

RMC22
04-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PAPITUYO326
then get urself a 50 dollars lawyer and make sure that he doenst get paid unless you win..

lol are you joking? Ah, you're from FL. Looooots of lawyer commercials down there.
And yes, I am from Florida originally.

The reckless driving was a result of the mph over the limit.

skooba
04-28-2004, 10:33 PM
In VA, he will go before the judge. I've done it before.

Also, in VA, going 20 mph over the speed limit is considered reckless. Unless you're in a 35 mph zone for some reason.

But DrtyTexan has a lifeline. He has 17's on his car, so all he has to do is get proof that his speedo is off a couple mph and he can easily get it reduced to 19 over.

Even if they do suspend your license, you can get a restricted license that will allow you to drive to work.

But....if none of that works, and you do end up selling your car. I'll gladly buy your rims off you. I know you don't wanna think about that right now, but it will just be more money in your pocket to help you out during rough times ;)

Good luck at court, lemme know happens Rob.

Ep3 No.2
04-28-2004, 11:06 PM
uh i dunno how it is in florida but over here in cali
jus pay for the ticket and go to school.
no jacked up insurance or no court date

Type X
04-29-2004, 05:12 AM
or you could just live in NY
have PBA cards from every level and year in your wallet and a police family shield in your glove box
and beat every ticket like i do:p

pay the fines get the lawyer and slow down

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-29-2004, 06:01 AM
dont know if its the same over there but here in jersey - instead of wasting money on the lawyer you can just plead guilty get the court date and then speak to the prosecuter, they then reduce the ticket by two(2) points. they will reduce to unsafe driving and you get no points and just pay the ticket - thats what you want. tickets a ticket insurance is were we all get screwed. so if you have a 2point ticket you in the green but if its more - try to negotiate and pray on your knees they will cut you a break and drop more points. what helps sometimes too is try and get in touch with the officer before your court date. and ask if he can reduce the ticket (beg and give good reason) he will then speak to the prosecuter for you.

SilverEpInDc
04-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Nah Dont get a lawyer like I told rob when we were talking on AIM. I got pulled over doing a 65 in a 25 I got off of it cause my mom is a lawyer and she knows all of the people that speak on behalf of the county and the judges so I went in getting it dropped. Lawyers are only good for if something happens in my case where they will take the license away.... In rob's case they might suspend him for a lil but you must plea for a restricted ... on the facts that you work for your car and for your living... So what you do is there is gonna be a person that comes out before the case and what you try to do is to bargin with them... they will say well if u plead guilty we will drop the reckless and what we can do is give you a mandatory driving coarse....Which is what you want.... Your first choice going in there is you saying your sorry and that you did wrong and that you will take the 8 hour driving coarse... ive taken it 3 times now... Its alot of fun :rolleyes: Rob sorry I couldnt share all of this info with you the other night I was half asleep but Go in there thinking that you are just gonna go to driving coarse and pay a fine... Good Luck and by the way DONT SELL THE RIMS TO STEVE! :D :D

DrtyTexan
04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
no steve your not gonna get my blang blang LOL!

ohk so lemme get this straight chris....

someone is gonna come and talk to me before i see the judge and ask me how im goin to plea then i will try to bargain with them sayin ill plea guilty if you drop it 1mph...am i correct?

also if the judge does suspend my lisence can i still received a restricted lisence (esp since i work 2 min away from my house)? or does he have to tell me that he will give me a suspended lisence?

ill try to hit you up on AIM if your on when im on if not just email me ill pm your with my addy. i would appreciate any info you can give me cuz just that 1mph or a restricted lisence i can keep my car just have to make it to work and back thats fine with me!

tjtripp
04-29-2004, 10:40 PM
It's really up to the judge once the ticket as been issued. In Cali, you can get your license suspended if you get 4 points in a 12 month period. As far as reckless, every ticket I've ever gotten as been at least 25-30 over and I've never gotten a reckless. Hell 3 years ago I was doing 140 plus on my bike, while being chased by a cop (I didn't know, was racing an M3). All I got was excessive speed (100+) which was 2 points and about 300 dollars. Your situation doesn't sound that bad at all to me. Just maintain a good attitude, go to court. There's a 50% chance you'll get off (I have cop friends) and if you don't get off, there's a good chance it'll be reduced penalty wise. Don't sweat it too much.

crazie03si
05-01-2004, 05:23 PM
in florida we have the ticket clinic you pay them 70 dollars and they usually get it dropped with no school no points and usually no court costs but every once in a while you have court costs i have had 4 tickets dissmised in the past 6 months lol.

SiOnTheFly
05-02-2004, 12:41 AM
i was going 69 in a 45 and i didnt get a reckless driving...and this is in southern california. where all the psycho cops are. the ticket was like 190 bucks i think. o well life goes on!

Dane