PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Transmisson

EP3racer
04-28-2004, 08:29 PM
ite here the deal... I was on a backroad with a couble of friends in the car. We hit this long straight-a-way and I did a top speed run. I got to 130mph and shut it off. after I made a turn at a small intersect, I notice while upshifting, my 4th gear is jammed bad. I have to use full strength to get it into 4th gear and full strenght to get it out. All of the other gear are smooth and easy to put in and take out.

Can anyone help??

Thank in advance.

PS. It happened right after the 130mph run and I got Neuspeed short shifter. I opened up the console and if if there anythign wrong with the NS short shifter, but it was fine.

Peking
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by EP3racer
ite here the deal... I was on a backroad with a couble of friends in the car. We hit this long straight-a-way and I did a top speed run. I got to 130mph and shut it off. after I made a turn at a small intersect, I notice while upshifting, my 4th gear is jammed bad. I have to use full strength to get it into 4th gear and full strenght to get it out. All of the other gear are smooth and easy to put in and take out.

Can anyone help??

Thank in advance.

PS. It happened right after the 130mph run and I got Neuspeed short shifter. I opened up the console and if if there anythign wrong with the NS short shifter, but it was fine.

What the hell are you doing driving that fast on backroads!?!?! You should be glad that something didn't happen.

glw
04-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by EP3racer
sounds like a bad synchro on 4th gear...

RMC22
04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Peking
What the hell are you doing driving that fast on backroads!?!?! You should be glad that something didn't happen.

Especially with "a couble of friends in the car."

EP3racer
04-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah it was all my fault... I told them that I wasn't gonna do another top speed run because I am not as stupid as when I first got the car. I was only planning to do 110mph tops, but when I did it.. the car really start to pull. And the last time I gave it a top speed run was when it was stock so I really wanted to see how it goes now.

Anyway so, I drove the car today and it was a bit easier to put it into 4th gear but still I had to used some force. yeah so the plan now it to take out the short shifter and bring it into Honda next week and see what up.
Thanks

hothatch03si
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
the same thing happend to me and my 4th eventually just fixed itself dont take it to honda yet give a week and see wut happens im pretty sure it will just fix itself and i kno fix itself sounds weird but mine did so see wut happens

2pointslowEP3
05-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Peking

that's because he's ep3RACER yO! :rolleyes:

i-vtec04si
05-01-2004, 10:28 AM
probably your syncro... give it a couple days take the ss out and have honda fix that bitch.. your under warrenty right?