PDA

View Full Version : F*cked up tranny

aRz
04-28-2004, 10:13 PM
well... looks like im probably one of the few ep guys who this has happend too.

since ive owned the car third would always grind, 2nd would grind every once in a while.
(my car now has just over 20,000 miles)
i was power shifting into 4th gear about 6 weeks ago racing a ser spec v.
i didnt let go of the gas just slammed into 4th. i guess it was one too many for my shift linkage. after that... all went down hill!
i now have no 4th gear at all... it just wont go in, third gear grinds every time i put it in no matter how slow.

im taking my car into honda on friday and leaving it there for the weekend, hopefully ill have a new shift linkage and tranny by middle of next week sometime. :blushm:

my car has 100,000 mile warrenty so i should be fine no modifications to the tranny at all so im good.

wish me luck...:blushm:

2.25CrushBent
04-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by aRz
i didnt let go of the gas just slammed into 4th.
Was this intentional :confused:

oldschoolimport
04-28-2004, 10:57 PM
shift forks are only so strong. I have a collection from my mr2 turbo.:( piece o' shit :mad:

K20A3Si
04-29-2004, 07:40 AM
you were racing a spec-v.....on the street?....:rolleyes:

dj addicted
04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
aRz... hopefully they will just replace it and not give you any kind of shit... Have you shifted like that before though??

aRz
04-29-2004, 02:05 PM
yeah ofcource usually when i race i always wot shift..."wide open throttle shit" i guess it was jus one too many times. i know for sure its my shift linkage but my third gear is grinding like crazy now so hopfully ill get a whole new tranny as well.

yes i was racing the ser v on the street.

03SiBlack
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
did u win

00002SiR
04-29-2004, 02:31 PM
OUR TRANSMISSIONS SUCK. PERIOD, HONDA IS STUPID. THEY CANT A GET THING RIGHT. THIS IS BULLSHIT ALL I FUCKEN HERE ON THIS SITE IS, OH MY TRANNY IS FUCKT,FUCKT,FUCKT. YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE BIG IN HONDA HAS READ THESE HUNDREDS OF POSTS ABOUT IT , BUT NO THEIR FUCKEN IDIOTS.

HONDA IS GOING DOWN IF THEY KEEP MAKING SLOW ASS CARS WITH THE SHITTIEST TRANNIES.

JUST HAD TO LET SOME STEAM OUT, CAUSE ILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT. THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WORKS "UP THEIR" IN HONDA ARE SMOKING A BIG AS ROCK OF CRACK

03SiBlack
04-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by 00002SiR

JUST HAD TO LET SOME STEAM OUT, CAUSE ILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT. THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WORKS "UP THEIR" IN HONDA ARE SMOKING A BIG AS ROCK OF CRACK
haha

Siman
04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by aRz
well... looks like im probably one of the few ep guys who this has happend too.

since ive owned the car third would always grind, 2nd would grind every once in a while.
(my car now has just over 20,000 miles)
i was power shifting into 4th gear about 6 weeks ago racing a ser spec v.
i didnt let go of the gas just slammed into 4th. i guess it was one too many for my shift linkage. after that... all went down hill!
i now have no 4th gear at all... it just wont go in, third gear grinds every time i put it in no matter how slow.

im taking my car into honda on friday and leaving it there for the weekend, hopefully ill have a new shift linkage and tranny by middle of next week sometime. :blushm:

my car has 100,000 mile warrenty so i should be fine no modifications to the tranny at all so im good.

wish me luck...:blushm:

welcome to the club:rolleyes:

Peking
04-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
you were racing a spec-v.....on the street?....:rolleyes:

Yeah not the best idea.

Originally posted by aRz
yeah ofcource usually when i race i always wot shift..."wide open throttle shit" i guess it was jus one too many times. i know for sure its my shift linkage but my third gear is grinding like crazy now so hopfully ill get a whole new tranny as well.

yes i was racing the ser v on the street.

Eh? do you mean that you shifted into gear without the clutch? And you call that power shifiting? Or do you mean you shifted while still pushing in the gas pedal?

OUR TRANSMISSIONS SUCK. PERIOD, HONDA IS STUPID. THEY CANT A GET THING RIGHT. THIS IS BULLSHIT ALL I FUCKEN HERE ON THIS SITE IS, OH MY TRANNY IS FUCKT,FUCKT,FUCKT. YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE BIG IN HONDA HAS READ THESE HUNDREDS OF POSTS ABOUT IT , BUT NO THEIR FUCKEN IDIOTS.
HONDA IS GOING DOWN IF THEY KEEP MAKING SLOW ASS CARS WITH THE SHITTIEST TRANNIES.

Um, you know what? Regardless of how you feel, that is exactly what it is. How YOU feel, some folks blame Honda. Then there are folks who think maybe it is just the people who are driving. Any problems that I have had were brought on by me like many others.

So from what you have posted, you really have no idea about what Honda is :rolleyes:

And you trying to knock on people who like to work on their Honda's really makes you pretty ignorant.

You have been warned about insulting many of us by saying we are smoking crack.

mdoyle
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM

You wouldn't hear so many of these problems if people didn't WOT their shifts.

skooba
04-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Peking

You have been warned about insulting many of us by saying we are smoking crack.

I dont think he was saying ephatch members smoke crack, what I got from his post was that the honda executives "up there" are smoking crack by releasing cars taht can't perform on par with other cars in its class.

dj addicted
04-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by skooba
I dont think he was saying ephatch members smoke crack, what I got from his post was that the honda executives "up there" are smoking crack by releasing cars taht can't perform on par with other cars in its class.

I agree with skooba.. I read it that way at first... then I saw he spelled there - "their" I think he meant the people at honda.. and even then... our car wasnt designed as a "race car" it isnt designed for hard shifts. Ask any of the old people who drive their EP because the salesman told them it was peppy with good gas mileage.. I guarantee they will say they arent having any problems with their tranny.

Peking
04-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
I agree with skooba.. I read it that way at first... then I saw he spelled there - "their" I think he meant the people at honda.. and even then... our car wasnt designed as a "race car" it isnt designed for hard shifts. Ask any of the old people who drive their EP because the salesman told them it was peppy with good gas mileage.. I guarantee they will say they arent having any problems with their tranny.

OOPS, all the caps must have messed with my eyes. seemed he meant us. Oh well forgetabout it :D

Tenacious G
04-29-2004, 08:17 PM

here's an e-tissue for you.

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/DE/07/32974302-b828-0190012C-.jpg

i can assure you there is a lot more content on this site than just transmission problems.

hothatch03si
04-29-2004, 09:03 PM
i agree with arz this happend to me when i power shifted racin a gsr hatch n i could barely get it in 4th but my 3rd was ok and over a week i didnt drive the car that much and some how some way it fixed itself like my 4th is fine now i guess i just got lucky but im now going to buy a type-s trany and see how that works out

aRz
04-29-2004, 09:58 PM
good luck on that type s tranny man, ive only heard good things about it.
what i meant about wot shifting is not letting go of the gas at all and yes ofcource clutching to swith into gear."WOT"(wide-open-throttle) or "power-shifting"

im going to baby this new tranny.

oh and yes i beat the ser ;)

VIZHUNZ02SI
04-30-2004, 05:49 PM
same here i got that problem too

hothatch03si
05-01-2004, 03:42 PM
thanks arz

rs_1101
05-04-2004, 01:17 AM
mods archive this, this is the most important thing i can say with regards to warranty shit.

'i dont know shit, it just started doin that for no reason!'

just say that to honda, they cant really do much if you dont admit to doubleclutching and speedshifting.

goy091
05-04-2004, 12:10 PM

so you think it's Honda's fault that because a user was being stupid, and not letting off the gas while shifting and racing, that his tranny fails? i dont follow your reasoning.

if you want to hear about a really shitty tranny check out the 02 WRX.

Peking
05-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by aRz
good luck on that type s tranny man, ive only heard good things about it.
what i meant about wot shifting is not letting go of the gas at all and yes ofcource clutching to swith into gear."WOT"(wide-open-throttle) or "power-shifting"

im going to baby this new tranny.

oh and yes i beat the ser ;)

Damn, I have never "power shifted". Can't be that worth it, considering the damage it creates. Guess that is why I and most likely many other folks don't do it.

Good luck on the new one.