PDA

View Full Version : something is clicking

BlackNRedSi
04-29-2004, 06:18 AM
hey all,

ok i have no suspension work done, not even lowered.

so the other day i was driving and heard a click/popping noise coming from the right side of my ccar when i turned the wheel.

open the hood and turned the wheel it made the noise again as i turned the wheel and it sounds like this CLICK/POP noise is coming right from the control arm area, or maybe even the tie rod. I still have to put the car on a jack and look @ it...

has anyone come across this weird/scary sound coming from their car?

thanks for your time

eric

Stoop
04-29-2004, 07:04 AM
It might possibly be a bad CV joint. Check your CV boots on the driveshaft and make sure none of them are torn open (inner or outer boots). If they get torn open, the boot grease will leak out and not give proper lubrication to the joints causing them to make a clicking/popping noise when you turn.

Just a thought.

BlasTech
04-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Right, if it happens only when you're rolling, it could be the cv joint.. sometimes they'll start to chatter when they are going out.

The other place to look, like you've mentioned it the tie rod boot.

One more place to look it the end link connection on the front sway bar.

BlackNRedSi
04-29-2004, 07:33 AM
it only does it when im moving...I will check everything you guys are saying to check...

should i stay away from bringing it to honda, should i have a mechanic do it, or just check the situation first.

thanks again guys

eric

BlasTech
04-29-2004, 07:42 AM
I think its safe to say that almost EVERYONE who has upgrades has come across some kind of noise. We have such a quiet car to start with, its easy to notice little things.

But in the stock form, not so many people have noticed problems. Also, get a wire brush and clean any gravel or glass out that might be inside the springs.

I'd say look and test till you're blue in the face before taking it to anybody.

BlackNRedSi
04-29-2004, 08:02 AM
WILL DO THANKS BAST!

lets just hope the car is safe til the weekend!