PDA

View Full Version : Question about swapping tires

Si Death
04-29-2004, 08:46 AM
ok, my ordered my tire package and got the wrong colored rims on them. So the plan is to swap my original rims out with the right ones they are gonna try to send me. How much does this process cost??? the rim and tire package i got were rota c8 flat black with 205/50/16 falken ziex. WHAT i was SUPPOSED to get was some royal black c8s(black with polished lip). Chuck said he was gonna check up on the availability of the rims so yeah. So question repeated is...

how much does it cost for the flat black c8s to be switched out of the tires for the royal black when they come? (package already came mounted and balanced).

and i was getting so excited too and once i once i realized i got the wrong rims, kinda bummed me out.

sorry this is my first car and im a nub. plz be nice:D

djsolution
04-29-2004, 08:55 AM
hey, that was their mistake, not yours. as the paying customer, you shouldn't have to deal with switching out anything. ship the whole set (rims and tires) back to them, at their expense, and make them get it right the second time. for real, you have that right. just be firm bro!

skooba
04-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by djsolution
hey, that was their mistake, not yours. as the paying customer, you shouldn't have to deal with switching out anything. ship the whole set (rims and tires) back to them, at their expense, and make them get it right the second time. for real, you have that right. just be firm bro!

i agree 100%

Si Death
04-29-2004, 09:05 AM
well i just feel kinda bad since its showstoppers and im sure theres lots of support for them. Ill try to talk them into paying (im a real pacifist push-over:( )but SAY they were to cover for the price of the tire swap, how much would it be????

skooba
04-29-2004, 11:31 AM
who cares.

not trying to be a dick or anything, but it isn't your problem.
If you go to a restaraunt and order a bacon cheeseburger, and they send out a grilled chicken sandwhich, you don't pay for both do you? you already bought the wheels/tires, now its their responsibility to get you what you ordered.

darkvibe
04-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Work out a deal with them. Have them ship you the right wheels. You swap the tires to the right rims, send back the wrong rims along with a reciept for the mount/balance. I'm sure they would reimburse you for the cost if you take the trouble to have it done and send a receipt. See if theyll send you a prepaid shipping thing too.